God = Allah = Abba = father

I always laugh when I hear Christian denigrate the name "Allah".

The word Allah just means "The God" in arabic.

If you go to a Christian church anywhere in the Middle East. Their services are conducted in the Arabic language and their Bibles are printed in Arabic.

If you open their Bible you will see that they use the word "Allah" instead of "God" or "Lord" like in the English translation of the King James Bible.

allah equals Zeus or Odin

As Muslims believe that the God they are worshipping is the God of Abraham, and the God of Abraham is the God of the Christians, then yes, technically, they are one and the same.
Yes, they believe it, but it doesn't make it true.

Remember that No one can approach the Father save through Christ. To Islam Jesus is a prophet, nothing more. Not the Son of God, not the Savior of all mankind, not the only path to Him.

So either Allah is not the same or Christ was lying. Or there's a chance Mohammad was lying, just to be thorough.

Anytime someone tells you they know the way and it's the ONLY way, they are selling something.
So Christ is a liar by this definition. Gotcha. You're done here.

I hate to see someone's blind hatred and bigotry blind them to the truths that the Bible and Qur'an share.

Exodus 3:6
Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

Genesis 32:9
And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the LORD which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Mark 14:36
“Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.”

Romans 8:15
The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”

Galatians 4:6
Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”

Many missionaries branded so-called Muslim forms of worship and religious vocabulary as wrong, without knowing that virtually all quranic religious vocabulary, including the name “Allah,” and virtually all the forms of worship, except those specifically related to Muhammad, were used by Jews and/or Christians before they were used by Muslims.
Who was

Just sayin'
:eusa_angel:

allie was created by a child molester fuck him.

Your bigotry hid the bolded from your eyes
:eusa_boohoo:

I've noticed that no matter what anyone says you take the complete opposite opinion, mix it with a bit of ignorance, a lot of stupidity and a metric ton of outright prejudice.

I've noticed that those who disagree with me can do no better than to make unsupported accusations against me. Show that I'm wrong, rather than just showing that you're blind.

The God of the Jews is the God of Christians. If you do not think so you have been deceived.

You're an antichristian moron.
No, I am a Christian, and know the truth, unlike you. Stop trying.

Then why do you promote a religion (Judaism) that you know is contrary to Christianity, as well as make statements that blatantly contradict the Bible (Jews and Christians worship the same God)? Jesus said to the Jews, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me." "Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children." Jehovah said to the Jews, "You are not my people, I am not your God."

I hate to see someone's blind hatred and bigotry blind them to the truths that the Bible and Qur'an share.

Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the LORD which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee

The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

“Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.”

The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”

Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”

Who was

Just sayin'

A few small things.

Abba =/= Allah.

The God of Abraham and Issac =/= The God of Abraham and Ishmael.

It is the equivalent of saying "A Tomato is coming!" versus "A Tornado is coming." Close but not even in the same ballpark. One is tasty and nutritious, the other bad for your homeowner's insurance.

Yes, they believe it, but it doesn't make it true.

Remember that No one can approach the Father save through Christ. To Islam Jesus is a prophet, nothing more. Not the Son of God, not the Savior of all mankind, not the only path to Him.

So either Allah is not the same or Christ was lying. Or there's a chance Mohammad was lying, just to be thorough.

Anytime someone tells you they know the way and it's the ONLY way, they are selling something.
So Christ is a liar by this definition. Gotcha. You're done here.

So you think you know what Christ said? You were there were you? It's not Christ who lies but those who refuse to see Gods Word
Go to Biblos.cc start reading how mixed up we have what Christ said throughout the various versions of the Bible.

With so many versions of the Bible, you have 3 choices.You can choose to not believe atvall, you can either choose blinders and ignorance or you can choose to go directly to the source, God himself.

I've back up my statements with the Bible itself. You can choose what you choose.

Last edited:

A few small things.

Abba =/= Allah.

It is the equivalent of saying "A Tomato is coming!" versus "A Tornado is coming." Close but not even in the same ballpark. One is tasty and nutritious, the other bad for your homeowner's insurance.

Abba is the transliteration of the Aramaic word for father. It occurs three times in the New Testament. It is always used as a direct address to God the Father.

http://www.learnthebible.org/abba.html

And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

So you think Jesus is lying?

You've been shown Biblically that the God of Abraham is indeed the God of both Isaac and Ishmael. Yet you reject what you have claimed is Gods word.

God had something to say about that too

Jeremiah 13:10

This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.

Leviticus 26:21

And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.

Last edited:

Then why do you promote a religion (Judaism) that you know is contrary to Christianity, as well as make statements that blatantly contradict the Bible (Jews and Christians worship the same God)? Jesus said to the Jews, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me." "Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children." Jehovah said to the Jews, "You are not my people, I am not your God."

Did you even bother to read the verse BEFORE that one?

Galatians 4:24-25

Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar

For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Last edited:

Judaism is contrary to Christianity only in that Jews do not believe Jesus was the Christ. Other than that we both worship the same God, period. I have not made statements that blatantly contradict the Bible, YOU have. You have taken one verse and twisted it to try and support your stupidity, read the versus prior to and after that one.

A few small things.

Abba =/= Allah.

Abba is the transliteration of the Aramaic word for father. It occurs three times in the New Testament. It is always used as a direct address to God the Father.

http://www.learnthebible.org/abba.html

And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

You've been shown Biblically that the God of Abraham is indeed the God of both Isaac and Ishmael. Yet you reject what you have claimed is Gods word.

This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.

And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.
Yes, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is also the God of Ishmael. Problem is Ishmael turned his back on God and chose a different path. Abba is not the same as allah. Allah is taken from the old arabic name for their "moon god". Now if they had a moon god they can not be worshiping the same God as Jews and Christians. There is the lie from mohammed the child raper.

Who was

Just sayin'

You damn right I am a bigot. Satan is a god to some people should we honor him also? Mormons serve the same God but.

A few small things.

Abba =/= Allah.

Abba - Bible Dictionary Entry | Learn The Bible

Yes, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is also the God of Ishmael. Problem is Ishmael turned his back on God and chose a different path. Abba is not the same as allah. Allah is taken from the old arabic name for their "moon god". Now if they had a moon god they can not be worshiping the same God as Jews and Christians. There is the lie from mohammed the child raper.

I dont know how many times this has to be posted

In Arabic, the word Allah means simply "the God".

Arab Christians today use terms such as Allāh al-ʾAb (الله الأب, "God the Father") to distinguish their usage from Muslim usage.

Yes it was used previously to describe a "moon god" just as the hebrew word for God used to be El, which was Father God, that later became Jehovah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_(deity)

You're arguing against the evolution of LANGUAGE.

Evolutionary linguistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
A few small things.

Abba =/= Allah.

Abba - Bible Dictionary Entry | Learn The Bible

You've been shown Biblically that the God of Abraham is indeed the God of both Isaac and Ishmael.
No, I have not. I've shown that God had blessed Ishmael and he went on his way SEPARATE from Issac and Abraham. This does not prove that Allah is the same as Abba/YHWY. From Abraham through Issac is the lineage, not Ishmael, and not both.

This is akin to saying that because the God of Abel is the same God of Cain, that both are the same and blessed by God and it makes no difference who you follow.

Nope. I believe you are in error here. Serious error. But hey, that's not my problem.

Jhn 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
And Islam denies Christ's divinity. Even demons do not deny that.

Luk 4:41 Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, "You are the Son of God!" But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Christ.
How is it that an entire religion who claims to be worshiping the same God of and of Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Moses, David then personified in Jesus... reject Jesus as Messiah? Can a house divided against itself stand? Is God's house divided against itself? It is not.

Are you now denying Christ's divinity to fit into Islam? Are you now calling Christ the liar?

Mat 24:11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
Mat 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible.
Mar 13:6 Many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and will deceive many.
Col 2:4 I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments.

You have no credibility here.

Last edited:
Yes. But stupid people - of all faiths or of no faith - are welcome to whine about it.

Huh?

Well anyway if they all worship the SAME god then killing each other over religion is stupit.
They are all brothers and sisters in Gods eyes?

That's never stopped Christians from killing Christians or Muslims from killing Muslims, so why should it stop Christians and Muslims from killing each other?

The intellectual has joined us.

I began to read the Koran, it became clear IMO that Allah and God/Yahweh are not the same dude.

But there is only one god and they both started out worshipping the god of Abraham.

The problem is the people and the religion they built just like Christians as well.
It is HOW they worship god.
And HOW they rationalize their actions with their religion.

Religion is a construct of man not god.

There is not only "one" god. There are many gods (they are banished in the new covenant). There is only one Creator and Lord. He traveled with Moses out of Egypt to guide His people. When did that pillar of fire travel with Mohammed?

Yes. But stupid people - of all faiths or of no faith - are welcome to whine about it.

Huh?

Well anyway if they all worship the SAME god then killing each other over religion is stupit.
They are all brothers and sisters in Gods eyes?

The split, if one were to call it that, comes in the story of Abraham.

When the promised child had not yet been concieved, Sarah gave Abraham her handmaiden Hagar to concieve a child with. He did. His name was Ishmael. Then God "remembered his promise" and Sarah was also with child. She gave birth to Isaac.

Sarah then did not want Ishmael to share in the inheritance that she felt rightfully belonged to Isaac and told Abraham to send hagar and Ishmael away, which he did...into the desert.

When Hagar believed Ishmael was near death, she placed him under a "bush" and moved away from him because she could not bear to watch her child die. And God sent an angel to her who told her to go get Ishmael, there was water nearby and that God would make a nation from Ishmael.

This isnt Qaran, this is old testament Bible.

The nation God made of Isaac was the Hebrew nation. And from Ishmael he made the Arabic nation.

Theres a great book out there simply called Abraham, that really takes a hard look at the three Abrahamic religions and explains both their differences and their similarities in great detail. Very easy to read and interesting book. I suggest everyone take a look.

The quran says that the Lord did not make the Israelites the promised people, that the blessing went to Ishmael. When was Israel named?

New Topics

Forum List

Back