God = Allah = Abba = father

The Torah does Not say that God rejected Ishmael.

In fact, it says the God blessed Ishmael and made him the Father of a great nation.
Okay, I misremembered something, for God did bless Ishmael. That said, the covenant is still with Issac, not Ishmael. And that does not make YWHW the same as Allah.

As Muslims believe that the God they are worshipping is the God of Abraham, and the God of Abraham is the God of the Christians, then yes, technically, they are one and the same.

It is a deception to make them bow to the black rock in Mecca.

No. The Bible says that God sent an Angel to save Hagar and Ishmael and promised to make a "great nation" of Ishmael.

I will surely bless Ishmael; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation. - God

A father of twelve rulers, father of a great nation? Sounds familiar. St. Paul essentially reverses Isaac and Ishmael, and explains that the Jews are the children of Hagar (thus, Ishmael). But, I know this is far above the heads around here...

see Ezra

Trinity is not a universally accepted doctrine even in Christianity.

And that wasn't what he was saying.

He's saying that God the Father and Allah are both the God of Abraham and therefore one in the same. And to see that you have to set aside the misconception that Jesus is God the Father made flesh as God the Son.

The idea that you can discuss the God of Christianity while shoving aside Christ is a bit ludicrous.

The idea that you can have an intellectual discussion of the origins of each of the three abrahamic religions is anything but ludicrous. The simple fact is that Christianity is an offshoot religion from Judism. Judism and Islam both claim to have a single father, Abraham. Abraham had ONE God. Not Two. Not Three. Not four hundred. One. And the word for that God in Arabic is Allah.

In fact, the use of the word Allah isn't even exclusive to Islam.

The word Allah is also used by Arabic-speaking Eastern Catholic Christians, Maltese Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox Christians, and Mizrahi Jews

Yeshua warned us not to believe those that wanted us to go away from people for "secrets", yet that is exactly what Mohammed did. He was deceived. He set up a system of subjugation (not religion, but it does have a spiritual side where people searching for the Truth can come to know the Lord, but call Him, Allah, but He is not the god of Mohammed) to perpetuate deceit, destruction, and death.

One of the easiest ways to deceive people is to "RE-DEFINE" words.

Arabic-speaking Christians say exactly that.
Allah is an old arabic name for their moon god, he is not the same God of Jews and Christians.

And what was the ancient name for God the Father?

I'll give you some hints

MichaEL
RaphaEL
GabriEL

And yes he's the same God.

The Hebrew uses the PLURAL for Elohim. In Arabic, it become Al or Allah, which means deity, god.

Blindly following a religion without understanding it's origins and how it relates to other religions and even other denominations is just sad. There's so much more to God than what they taught you in Sunday school. Go learn about Him. The only thing you have to lose is the reward of knowing God more fully.

Three different angels with different jobs.

While Abraham may have been deceived into marrying the woman he didn't want, in view of the fact that he kept having sex with her until she became pregnant I imagine he figured out who she was somewhere along the line.

In any case, once again, unless Gods are something people just make up, it's nonsensical to claim that Isaac and Ishmael worshiped different Gods just because they had different mothers.
He didn't marry Hagar. She was Sarai's serving girl who was forced by Sarai to be her surrogate mother. Although God did not curse her or Ishmael, His covenant was established through Abraham and Sarah through Issac and that lineage. Instead Hagar was sent away with Ishmael.

This still doesn't fix the small problem of Christ being God and Islam does not acknowledge Him as the Messiah. The Jews don't have to because God made them righteous and His Chosen People through the covenant (BTW, Jewish Lineage is passed down through MATRELINIAL, not PATRILINIAL means.) to Issac. Not all the children of Abraham. That is why Ishmael is separate.

Today, it seems the world is split between the two sons of Abraham.

That " small problem" you mentioned, is the Trinity doctrine, which not even all Christians agree on. And if Jesus is divine and therefore eternal, then there's the small problem of Christianity is now a polytheist religion.

If Jesus is God the Father, then there's the issue of Matthew 3:16-17

Jesus isn't even the ONLY son of God!

Luke 3:38

Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

And 1 Corinthians 15:45-47 tells us Jesus was NOT eternal, always existing.

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual

The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven

God always existed, but Jesus did not.

In Genesis the Lord tells another: then they will be like "US" (plural).

But there is only one god and they both started out worshipping the god of Abraham.

The problem is the people and the religion they built just like Christians as well.
It is HOW they worship god.
And HOW they rationalize their actions with their religion.

Religion is a construct of man not god.

****Caution* the below statement won't make any sense to an atheisit or Cammpbell***

There is a consistancey in the Bible that gives God a personality even though it was written by many different people. I don't see the same personality in the Koran at all. IMO if the Koran isn't inspired by the same personality of the Bible, then it's not the Same God. If it is supposed to be about the same God as many claim, then IMHO the Koran is clearly a human creation.

It doesnt make any sense to a Free Thinking Christian either.

The God of the Old Testment is a vengeful and wrathful possibly even meglomaniacal, the God of the New Testament is loving and forgiving.

Based on your criteria, you just condemned the Bible as a human creation ( which I actually believe it to be )

Heres the criteria:

Which God do the worshippers BELIEVE they are worshipping? Muslim, Christian and Hebrew alike all believe they are worshipping the God of Abraham, therefore, regardless of how they view the personality of that God, its the same God.

If you believe that you are doing the right thing because your teacher is telling you it is right, but then you are arrested because what your teacher taught you to do was unlawful, are you still punished?

The OT is about a spiritually stubborn people. The Lord is trying to teach them the way. The Israelites (where did Israel originate, and was that at the same time as Ishmael?) requested rules and were given the Ten Commandments.
In the New Covenant, the Lord is written onto men's hearts, there is no need to be taught the Lord exists, or what right and wrong is (Jerimiah).

Free Thinking Christian

You mean a Unitarian?

I mean someone not so wrapped up in Sunday school teachings that they forget that Christs message was to embrace all.

Hell, the vast majority of so called Christians are so wrapped up in who is saved and who isn't, that they've completely missed the message of Christ, which is to embrace all.

Additionally, they are so arrogant that they believe their Bible is the ONLY Bible, they forget that other denominations believe in completely different dogma.

Pointing at Islam with a judgmental finger is no different than pointing at another denomination and saying," They can't be saved because they don't believe in Trinity, or baptism in the name of Jesus or blah blah blah."

God is God. Accept Him and walk in His will. Period.

Matthew 16:19

And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 18:18-19

Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven

People need to really learn what the book they claim God wrote REALLY says and stop relying on Charlton Heston movies to guide their spiritual path.

For the record: Yeshua did tell His disciples: if you go to a town and teach them about me, and they reject you, when you leave, shake the dust from your feet, and I will deal with them.

I am not claimings muslims cannot be saved (there is a huge amount of muslims converting to Christianity now). I am saying the quran is a deceptive teacher. Each person's spirit has the ability to show them the way. For muslims, it is extremely hard because islam does not teach love, forgiveness, building. It teaches the opposite. There are many that are muslim (INO), that choose to be honorable and are filled with gifts from the Holy Spirit. Many of them are murdered for shining in an ugly system.

Your bigotry hid the bolded from your eyes
:eusa_boohoo:
You damn right I am a bigot. Satan is a god to some people should we honor him also? Mormons serve the same God but.
don't forget Scientology.

Scientology requires members to sign a 10,000 year pledge. Why did they pick that particular number (a number the Lord chose to punish angels that did not make their appointed rounds as stars or planets)?

Abba is the transliteration of the Aramaic word for father. It occurs three times in the New Testament. It is always used as a direct address to God the Father.

Abba - Bible Dictionary Entry | Learn The Bible

Mark 14:36

And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

So you think Jesus is lying?

You've been shown Biblically that the God of Abraham is indeed the God of both Isaac and Ishmael. Yet you reject what you have claimed is Gods word.

God had something to say about that too

Jeremiah 13:10

This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.

Leviticus 26:21

And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.
Yes, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is also the God of Ishmael. Problem is Ishmael turned his back on God and chose a different path. Abba is not the same as allah. Allah is taken from the old arabic name for their "moon god". Now if they had a moon god they can not be worshiping the same God as Jews and Christians. There is the lie from mohammed the child raper.

I dont know how many times this has to be posted

In Arabic, the word Allah means simply "the God".

Arab Christians today use terms such as Allāh al-ʾAb (الله الأب, "God the Father") to distinguish their usage from Muslim usage.

Yes it was used previously to describe a "moon god" just as the hebrew word for God used to be El, which was Father God, that later became Jehovah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_(deity)

You're arguing against the evolution of LANGUAGE.

Evolutionary linguistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It kind of like homosexuals re-defining marriage and saying that two same sexed people are exactly the same as two opposite sexed people. Even a child can tell the difference if they simply observe, and don't listen to the indoctrination.

You damn right I am a bigot. Satan is a god to some people should we honor him also? Mormons serve the same God but.
don't forget Scientology.

Scientology requires members to sign a 10,000 year pledge. Why did they pick that particular number (a number the Lord chose to punish angels that did not make their appointed rounds as stars or planets)?
There is an oxymoron here,using LOGICAL AND SCIENTOLOGY IN THE SAME QUOTE or would that be INSUFFLATING UP MY ASS:badgrin:

You mean a Unitarian?

I mean someone not so wrapped up in Sunday school teachings that they forget that Christs message was to embrace all.

Hell, the vast majority of so called Christians are so wrapped up in who is saved and who isn't, that they've completely missed the message of Christ, which is to embrace all.

Additionally, they are so arrogant that they believe their Bible is the ONLY Bible, they forget that other denominations believe in completely different dogma.

Pointing at Islam with a judgmental finger is no different than pointing at another denomination and saying," They can't be saved because they don't believe in Trinity, or baptism in the name of Jesus or blah blah blah."

And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven

People need to really learn what the book they claim God wrote REALLY says and stop relying on Charlton Heston movies to guide their spiritual path.

For the record: Yeshua did tell His disciples: if you go to a town and teach them about me, and they reject you, when you leave, shake the dust from your feet, and I will deal with them.

I am not claimings muslims cannot be saved (there is a huge amount of muslims converting to Christianity now). I am saying the quran is a deceptive teacher. Each person's spirit has the ability to show them the way. For muslims, it is extremely hard because islam does not teach love, forgiveness, building. It teaches the opposite. There are many that are muslim (INO), that choose to be honorable and are filled with gifts from the Holy Spirit. Many of them are murdered for shining in an ugly system.

The divinity of Jesus and the truth of His teachings is irrelevent to the discussion topic, unless one is a believer in the Trinity which is not supported scripturally. The God of Abraham is the God of the three major religions of the world. To deny that Islam believes it is worshiping the same Father-God is like denying that the Hebrews are not worshiping the same Father-God either.

And if one claims to be a Christain but works from unsupported beliefs then one isnt a Christian anyway.

Condemning Islam for its extremist groups like Al Queda is like condemning Christianity for its extremist groups like the KKK.

Lastly, its not up to us to judge. Its Gods place to judge. We are directed to love. Love is love.

Last edited:
The Torah does Not say that God rejected Ishmael.

In fact, it says the God blessed Ishmael and made him the Father of a great nation.
Okay, I misremembered something, for God did bless Ishmael. That said, the covenant is still with Issac, not Ishmael. And that does not make YWHW the same as Allah.
Actually, the Covenant was with Abraham. :eusa_angel:
All said, God does indeed instruct Abraham to kick Ishmael out of his house, call's Ishmael unruly, and to roam like a wild jackass (that word is literally in the OT) in the desert, who's decendants will be at war with all nations. Doesn't sound too far off, does it? One major problem with Mohammad deciding to hijack Judaism and Christianity and mix it with his own moon god religion to appease his tribe (allah = name for the moon in Mohammad's tribe), was that HE WAS TOTALLY ILLITERATE. How is it that one who cannot even read a book can render opinion on other religion's holy books again?

<< Genesis 16:12 >>

New International Version (©1984)
He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers."
New Living Translation (©2007)
This son of yours will be a wild man, as untamed as a wild donkey! He will raise his fist against everyone, and everyone will be against him. Yes, he will live in open hostility against all his relatives."

English Standard Version (©2001)
He shall be a wild donkey of a man, his hand against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he shall dwell over against all his kinsmen.”

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"He will be a wild donkey of a man, His hand will be against everyone, And everyone's hand will be against him; And he will live to the east of all his brothers."

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
He will be as free and wild as an untamed donkey. He will fight with everyone, and everyone will fight with him. He will have conflicts with all his relatives."

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell over against all his brethren.

The divinity of Jesus and the truth of His teachings is irrelevent to the discussion topic, unless one is a believer in the Trinity which is not supported scripturally. The God of Abraham is the God of the three major religions of the world. To deny that Islam believes it is worshiping the same Father-God is like denying that the Hebrews are not worshiping the same Father-God either.

And if one claims to be a Christain but works from unsupported beliefs then one isnt a Christian anyway.

Condemning Islam for its extremist groups like Al Queda is like condemning Christianity for its extremist groups like the KKK.

Lastly, its not up to us to judge. Its Gods place to judge. We are directed to love. Love is love.

The divinity of Jesus and the truth of His teachings is irrelevent to the discussion topic, unless one is a believer in the Trinity which is not supported scripturally.

Do you want to bet?
(John 5:46)
If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.

(John 14:9)
"Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father."

(John 20:28)
Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus did not rebuke him.

(John 1:1)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(John i:2)
The same was in the beginning with God.

(John 1:14)
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Abba is the transliteration of the Aramaic word for father. It occurs three times in the New Testament. It is always used as a direct address to God the Father.

Abba - Bible Dictionary Entry | Learn The Bible

Mark 14:36

And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

So you think Jesus is lying?

You've been shown Biblically that the God of Abraham is indeed the God of both Isaac and Ishmael. Yet you reject what you have claimed is Gods word.

God had something to say about that too

Jeremiah 13:10

This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.

Leviticus 26:21

And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.
Yes, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is also the God of Ishmael. Problem is Ishmael turned his back on God and chose a different path. Abba is not the same as allah. Allah is taken from the old arabic name for their "moon god". Now if they had a moon god they can not be worshiping the same God as Jews and Christians. There is the lie from mohammed the child raper.

I dont know how many times this has to be posted

In Arabic, the word Allah means simply "the God".

Arab Christians today use terms such as All&#257;h al-&#702;Ab (&#1575;&#1604;&#1604;&#1607; &#1575;&#1604;&#1571;&#1576;, "God the Father") to distinguish their usage from Muslim usage.

Yes it was used previously to describe a "moon god" just as the hebrew word for God used to be El, which was Father God, that later became Jehovah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_(deity)

You're arguing against the evolution of LANGUAGE.

Evolutionary linguistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is not a linguistic discussion.

He didn't marry Hagar. She was Sarai's serving girl who was forced by Sarai to be her surrogate mother. Although God did not curse her or Ishmael, His covenant was established through Abraham and Sarah through Issac and that lineage. Instead Hagar was sent away with Ishmael.

This still doesn't fix the small problem of Christ being God and Islam does not acknowledge Him as the Messiah. The Jews don't have to because God made them righteous and His Chosen People through the covenant (BTW, Jewish Lineage is passed down through MATRELINIAL, not PATRILINIAL means.) to Issac. Not all the children of Abraham. That is why Ishmael is separate.

Today, it seems the world is split between the two sons of Abraham.

That " small problem" you mentioned, is the Trinity doctrine, which not even all Christians agree on. And if Jesus is divine and therefore eternal, then there's the small problem of Christianity is now a polytheist religion.

If Jesus is God the Father, then there's the issue of Matthew 3:16-17

Jesus isn't even the ONLY son of God!

Luke 3:38

And 1 Corinthians 15:45-47 tells us Jesus was NOT eternal, always existing.

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual

The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven
God always existed, but Jesus did not.

In Genesis the Lord tells another: then they will be like "US" (plural).
Of course that denies Christ's own statement that he was eternal.

Last edited:
Do you want to bet?
(John 5:46)
If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.

(John 14:9)
"Don&#8217;t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father."

(John 20:28)
Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus did not rebuke him.

(John 1:1)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(John i:2)
The same was in the beginning with God.

(John 1:14)
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

I understand what the NT says about it. But there is nothing in the OT which would leave one to believe that the particular individual who was called Jesus was the person about whom the prophesies were written.

In fact, we don't believe he fulfills the prophesies.

So using your book to somehow substantiate something that ostensibly was in the OT isn't really that helpful. It's kind of like trying to prove your own statement ... with your own statement.

just for the heck of it, i'd also like to point out that the o/p isn't quite correct. allah is more closely related to elohim in hebrew... both mean G-d.... not 'father'.

Last edited:

Yeshua is the "fullfillment" of the Lord's promise. His teachings clarify and reinforce the teaching of the prophets from the OT.
Yes, Abraham is the original bloodline of three powerful religions. That does not mean the teachings of those religions are the same.
Please show me one prophet from the OT that raided and pillaged any people that were known in the entire area (and with the Arc of the Covenant and the Lord's blessing, they could have), in the manner that Mohammed did. Are you unaware of how many different leaders were touched by the Lord in the OT that were not Hebrews, but respected and honored the Lord, and were blessed because they did? Where are the prophets calling for ALL "nonbelievers" to be murdered? Yes, islam is teaching the will of a different god; that god is well aware of the Lord, because the quran is as deceptive as Charles Manson teaching that he is really "man's son"/Manson.

If the whole islamic society in the ME did not celebrate the deaths of "non believers" (ripping out entrails of corpses and posing with the blood on their hands/dismembering corpses/beheadings/stonings/etc), I would agree with you. Christians do not have parades in celebration of KKK acts (they condemn those acts). Islam is like the friend that agrees to back up a crime, and goes, but does not actually participate, when caught, they say "I didn't do anything, I am innocent", and way too many people believe them. Yes there are "good" muslims, but those people REJECT SHARIAH in their hearts and in their life, even if they never say it outloud (for fear of their life). If you want deception/deceit/death/decay, choose islam, it is what is taught, and you can see the results where ever the religion is practiced in large numbers. If you want Truth/consideration/productivity choose one of the other two faiths (just compare the Noble prize winners lists for Jews/Christian versus muslims).

I HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO JUDGE. DO NOT CONFUSE TELLING THE TRUTH WITH JUDGEMENT.

New Topics

Forum List

Back