Go Get Them Nick !

Defamation of a private individual requires negligence. And there is a picture. And if the reporter just expressed an opinion, Nick's focked.

His attorney is famous. I think he's going to basically try to show the media went off half cocked. But Nick put himself in the pic.

You're a liar. Sandmann didn't move, Phillips went to him.

And the WaPo didn't "comment" on it anyway. They simply reported what witnesses said about the event.

That's what the suit's exhibits all point to --- QUOTES from people who were there describing what they saw.

Last summer Sean Spicer's attorney tried to make grunting noises about the same thing, threatening to "sue" the Associated Press for passing on a story (not even their original story) about a heckler who came into a Spicer book signing and accused him of racism. Which is also a fact, it happened and it's fully on video. Spicer's attack dog started spewing about how he was going to "sue" AP for passing that on. Needles to say, he never did. Because he can't.

These fascist assholes can whine and stomp their feet all they like but you can't just "sue" people for accurately reporting what someone said. Period.

Spicer is a public figure, there's a much higher burden to prove malice. The kid is a private citizen, malice is not an element, just that the paper got it wrong and refused to correct the record.

In Spicer's case it doesn't matter --- AP simply reported that the incident happened (which it did -- it's on video). There can be no "malice" in reporting that an incident which clearly happened, happened.

In Smirk-Boi's case, what exactly did the paper "get wrong"? This question has been sitting there for literally a month and has yet to get a single response.

Not one.

What did they get wrong, how the situation was characterized. No one mobbed Phillips or restricted his movements, and from all the videos I saw, Sandman never moved form the spot where he was standing, Phillips approached him.

--- And?
What's this got to do with WaPo?

I'd quote the post but they hide behind a pay wall, so I'll quote Sandmann's lawyers.

The suit says the paper described Sandmann as the instigator in a confrontation with Native American activist Nathan Phillips, “‘accost[ing]’ Phillips by ‘suddenly swarm[ing]’ him in a ‘threaten[ing]’ and ‘physically intimidat[ing]’ manner.

Covington High Teen Nicholas Sandmann Suing ‘Washington Post For $250M

I'm familiar with everything in the complaint. Read the whole thing yesterday when this first came up. It's readily available with no "waah there's a pay wall" to use as a crutch, so that argument is toast.

What you have here is part of the narrative of that complaint, written by the attorneys. Yet the same document then goes to specifics, article by article through seven exhibits, quoting the articles directly and verbatim ---- and NONE of these allegations are present there.

Not a one.

What you claimed above was what WaPo "got wrong" was the characterization of the events. Where is that characterization?

And further, how could you even know what that characterization was if you're now claiming "waah, it's behind a pay wall"?

Fabricators always get found out.

Spicer is a public figure, there's a much higher burden to prove malice. The kid is a private citizen, malice is not an element, just that the paper got it wrong and refused to correct the record.

In Spicer's case it doesn't matter --- AP simply reported that the incident happened (which it did -- it's on video). There can be no "malice" in reporting that an incident which clearly happened, happened.

In Smirk-Boi's case, what exactly did the paper "get wrong"? This question has been sitting there for literally a month and has yet to get a single response.

Not one.

What did they get wrong, how the situation was characterized. No one mobbed Phillips or restricted his movements, and from all the videos I saw, Sandman never moved form the spot where he was standing, Phillips approached him.

--- And?

I'd quote the post but they hide behind a pay wall, so I'll quote Sandmann's lawyers.

The suit says the paper described Sandmann as the instigator in a confrontation with Native American activist Nathan Phillips, “‘accost[ing]’ Phillips by ‘suddenly swarm[ing]’ him in a ‘threaten[ing]’ and ‘physically intimidat[ing]’ manner.

I'm familiar with everything in the complaint. Read the whole thing yesterday when this first came up. It's readily available with no "waah there's a pay wall" to use as a crutch, so that argument is toast.

What you have here is part of the narrative of that complaint, written by the attorneys. Yet the same document then goes to specifics, article by article through seven exhibits, quoting the articles directly and verbatim ---- and NONE of these allegations are present there.

Not a one.

What you claimed above was what WaPo "got wrong" was the characterization of the events. Where is that characterization?

And further, how could you even know what that characterization was if you're now claiming "waah, it's behind a pay wall"?

Yeah, this fabrication is one of the reasons the post was sued. From the court filing: (my bold)

On January 20, 2019, the Post published in print its third false and defamatory article entitled “Marcher’s accost by boys in MAGA caps draws ire”

No marchers were accosted by boys in MAGA caps.

Now tell me I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Not one.

--- And?

Not a one.

Yeah, this fabrication is one of the reasons the post was sued. From the court filing: (my bold0

On January 20, 2019, the Post published in print its third false and defamatory article entitled “Marcher’s accost by boys in MAGA caps draws ire”

Now tell me I'm wrong.

OK. You're wrong. NO newspaper would print a headline using an apostrophe to form a plural.

"Marcher is accost"? That paper would be laughed into oblivion.

Let alone, "accost by boys"? Ever heard of the past participle?

Let's see (or is it lets) a link to this linguistic ineptitude.

--- And?

Not a one.

Yeah, this fabrication is one of the reasons the post was sued. From the court filing: (my bold0

Now tell me I'm wrong.

OK. You're wrong. NO newspaper would print a headline using an apostrophe to form a plural.

Aren't you the one who said the post was quoted in the suit and I should refer to it? BTW you might want to see Exhibit F. Then you can laugh wapo into oblivion.

http://www.hemmerlaw.com/files/2019/02/Exhibit-F.pdf

--- And?

Not a one.

Now tell me I'm wrong.

Aren't you the one who said the post was quoted in the suit and I should refer to it? BTW you might want to see Exhibit F. Then you can laugh wapo into oblivion.

Laughing commenced. :thup:

What you have there is a pdf claiming to be a transcript of a WaPo article. Anyone can do that.

However even in this pdf there's no "defamation" going on. If you think you can find it, quote it.

Not a one.

Now tell me I'm wrong.

What you have there is a pdf claiming to be a transcript of a WaPo article. Anyone can do that.

However even in this pdf there's no "defamation" going on. If you think you can find it, quote it.

I bet it will be settled and a jury will never see it. And that's too bad.

Not a one.

Now tell me I'm wrong.

So you can't find it either.

Here's the thing though. If you can't find it and I can't find it, it apparently is not there. And if it's not there, there's no reason to "settle" anything. The suit makes no case.

Now tell me I'm wrong.

Here's the thing though. If you can't find it and I can't find it, it apparently is not there. And if it's not there, there's no reason to "settle" anything. The suit makes no case.

Haven't even bothered to look more than I already have, you're boring me.

The current POTUS is such a petulant and feckless child. No wonder the Republicans can't get enough of him.

#SMHGOP

you apparently ignore the left and their fake hate crimes, because how can you raise cash when racism is non existant

`
You don't need to. I already put the challenge out, literally a month ago, for anyone to show any evidence from anywhere of "defamation" in print. To date I have received: Zero.

As I keep telling these wankers, it's kind of difficult to make the case that your client's name has been defamed in the public eye, when an entire message board full of partisan hacks ready to salivate at the slightest hint, can't find a one. In a month.

^ liberals love fake news.

Washington Post is going to lose. The agenda driven Liberal mainstream media can get away with lying about public figures like President Trump, but they absolutely stepped on their collective cranks blatantly lying about a private citizen...even worse, a private citizen who is a minor.

But the libs are pissed because this is going to unconditionally prove Trump correct. Don't see anyone above debating the merits...just baselezsly and blindly lashing out.

They have a bright future ahead, as they are proving themselves well qualified as potential modern "journalist" themselves.

Watch what a centerist liberal has to say:

Lol you think WaPo is going to lose $250 million dollars for commenting on a video? :lmao:

Trump is completely fucked then. He could be sued for 90% of his tweets.

if they would admit their bias it wouldn't matter, but they keep saying they are objective and it will cost them. starting a lunch mob and excusing death threats to kids who wear a red hat is beyond repugnant

Washington Post is going to lose. The agenda driven Liberal mainstream media can get away with lying about public figures like President Trump, but they absolutely stepped on their collective cranks blatantly lying about a private citizen...even worse, a private citizen who is a minor.

But the libs are pissed because this is going to unconditionally prove Trump correct. Don't see anyone above debating the merits...just baselezsly and blindly lashing out.

They have a bright future ahead, as they are proving themselves well qualified as potential modern "journalist" themselves.

Lol you think WaPo is going to lose $250 million dollars for commenting on a video? :lmao:

if they would admit their bias it wouldn't matter, but they keep saying they are objective and it will cost them. starting a lunch mob and excusing death threats to kids who wear a red hat is beyond repugnant

"Repugnant"? Well that depends on what you're having for lunch.

`
You don't need to. I already put the challenge out, literally a month ago, for anyone to show any evidence from anywhere of "defamation" in print. To date I have received: Zero.

As I keep telling these wankers, it's kind of difficult to make the case that your client's name has been defamed in the public eye, when an entire message board full of partisan hacks ready to salivate at the slightest hint, can't find a one. In a month.

In print? Here ya go

#MAGA- Teens Harass Native American Elder – Balloon Juice

MAGA Hat High Schoolers Harass Native American Vietnam Vet - Best Celeb News

https://splinternews.com/white-students-in-maga-hats-taunt-harass-native-americ-1831894825

Pro-Life #MAGA Hat Wearing Catholic School Kids Harass Native American Vietnam Vet At Inaugural Indigenous Peoples March In Washington, D.C.: WATCH - Towleroad Gay News

Viral video show white teens in MAGA hats harassing a Native American vet

Outrage as non-Native youth wearing #MAGA hats taunt and disrespect Native elder - IndianCountryToday.com

Lawmaker condemns MAGA-hatted teens who harassed Native elder at Indigenous Peoples March: "Blatant hate, disrespect"

MAGA Hat High Schoolers Harass Native American Vietnam Vet

Students in MAGA hats harass Native American protester

Video Shows MAGA-Clad Teenagers Harassing, Mocking Native American Vietnam Vet

MAGA hat wearing teens mock and harass Native American Vietnam vet

Outrage As MAGA-Wearing HS Kids Taunt Native Elder At Indigenous Peoples March

maga disrespectful covington catholic students harass indigenous elder

Kentucky teens' harassment of indigenous man 'qualified as the legal definition of assault': Attorney who observed incident to CNN

US students surround and harass Indigenous activist

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...incident-indigenous-peoples-march/2623820002/

https://www.msnbc.com/craig-melvin/...-after-d-c-march-video-surfaced-1429908547949

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...ns-Indigenous-Peoples-March-DC-504597712.html

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...down-racist-smear-teens-ignores-death-threats

I got more.

"Repugnant"? Well that depends on what you're having for lunch.

look up the definition. but nice way to reply without discussing a single point....typical lefty

mmmmmmmmmmmm - lunch mob

upload_2019-2-21_11-41-13.jpeg

mmmmmmmmmmmm - lunch mob

View attachment 247007

oooh a typo finder......first refuge of a blank mind

The current POTUS is such a petulant and feckless child. No wonder the Republicans can't get enough of him.

#SMHGOP

Glad some adults were there.

Black Hebrew Israelites (also called Black Hebrews, African Hebrew Israelites, and Hebrew Israelites) are groups of Black Americans who believe that they are descendants of the ancient Israelites. Black Hebrews adhere in varying degrees to the religious beliefs and practices of both Christianity and Judaism. With the exception of a small number of individuals who have formally converted to Judaism, they are not recognized as Jews by the greater Jewish community. Many choose to identify themselves as Hebrew Israelites or Black Hebrews rather than Jews in order to indicate their claimed historic connections.[1][2][3][4]

mmmmmmmmmmmm - lunch mob

View attachment 247007

oooh a typo finder......first refuge of a blank mind

no sense of humor .... first sign of a RW Trumpdrone

Forum List

Back