GM throws in the towel on the Volt

USBG-65X.jpg

THe buy back has begun.

News from The Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) -- General Motors will buy Chevrolet Volts back from any owner who is afraid the electric cars will catch fire, the company's CEO said Thursday.

In an exclusive interview with The Associated Press, CEO Dan Akerson insisted that the cars are safe, but said the company will purchase the Volts because it wants to keep customers happy. Three fires have broken out in Volts after side-impact crash tests done by the federal government.

Akerson said that if necessary, GM will recall the more than 6,000 Volts now on the road in the U.S. and repair them once the company and federal safety regulators figure out what caused the fires.

Once they figure it out! Ohhhhh that's a dumbocrat solution.

Where does it say they are throwing in the towel?

"If we find that is the solution, we will retrofit every one of them," Akerson said. "We'll make it right."

And hey..you do know that many cars are recalled. Are you as overjoyed by that as well?

What I see here is that a company is standing behind, and taking responsibility for, their product, and extending itself to serve its customers and to ensure that they are happy with the company. Not sure what is so noteworthy here, other than the fact that this is an example of how the market can solve problems on its own.

It's called the "Deming's Cycle". Conservatives rejected it until it worked in Japan.

It's really simple.

Plan - Generate a plan.
Do - Implement a plan.
Check - Check for any flaws in the plan.
Act - Act to fix the flaws and improve the process.

Conservative plan - It's called "The Lockstep Mentality".

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
If man were meant to fly, he'd have wings.

:lol:

I debate the hell out of you brainwashed, ignorant morons, and I hate what the GOP/Rush/Fox/Moonie propaganda has done to you. The Volt is a great car and is selling great now the GOP has momentarily stopped screwing up the country and the world. Change the channel...

Read my sig and prove anything wrong. Idiot. ANYTHING

I debate the hell out of you brainwashed, ignorant morons, and I hate what the GOP/Rush/Fox/Moonie propaganda has done to you. The Volt is a great car and is selling great now the GOP has momentarily stopped screwing up the country and the world. Change the channel...

Read my sig and prove anything wrong. Idiot. ANYTHING

Mate, I don't think you did anything to further your cause with this post.

Fragly, Scarlett, I don't give a dab. They NEVER learn, in my experience.

I'm sorry- dupes are lovely people- but I can't take their lazy, ignorant, careless, stupid politics a minute longer. Sorry.

THe buy back has begun.

NEW YORK (AP) -- General Motors will buy Chevrolet Volts back from any owner who is afraid the electric cars will catch fire, the company's CEO said Thursday.

In an exclusive interview with The Associated Press, CEO Dan Akerson insisted that the cars are safe, but said the company will purchase the Volts because it wants to keep customers happy. Three fires have broken out in Volts after side-impact crash tests done by the federal government.

Akerson said that if necessary, GM will recall the more than 6,000 Volts now on the road in the U.S. and repair them once the company and federal safety regulators figure out what caused the fires.

Another dishonest, idiotic OP from the brainwashed. Nobody's throwing in the towel. This is a POSSIBLE problem with ANY car that's battery powered, and there have been NO such problems outside the lab.

I think they're doing a TERRIBLE job of selling it. If you're clueless, STFU. tyvm

DITTOHEADS!
You have been clueless for a long time and you keep opening your mouth and farting.

So they're selling like hotcakes when your UN-American heroes aren't screwing up the economy...

News for Chevy Volt
New York Times GM's Chevy Volt Will Miss 2011 Sales Target Amid Slow Growth - 3 hours ago
s Chevrolet Volt will miss its sales target of 10000 cars this year, the company said. While dealers sold 1139 of the plug-in hybrids last month, ...BusinessWeek - 418 related articles »
House fire investigators say Chevy Volt charger not to blame in ... - *Detroit Free Press

I'm hyper partisan? You are rooting against the country until you get Obama out- WTF is THAT, dittohead?

So they're selling like hotcakes when your UN-American heroes aren't screwing up the economy...

News for Chevy Volt
New York Times GM's Chevy Volt Will Miss 2011 Sales Target Amid Slow Growth - 3 hours ago
s Chevrolet Volt will miss its sales target of 10000 cars this year, the company said. While dealers sold 1139 of the plug-in hybrids last month, ...BusinessWeek - 418 related articles »
House fire investigators say Chevy Volt charger not to blame in ... - *Detroit Free Press

I'm hyper partisan? You are rooting against the country until you get Obama out- WTF is THAT, dittohead?
The best way to help this country is firing the idiot obamaturd.

THe buy back has begun.

I know - I shot beer out of my nose when I saw on the news that the environmentalists car of the future batteries were lighting on fire...

:lol:

Progressives won't let their kids work but they will personally put them in an unsafe car...

Last edited:
The freaking things are just a status symbol of the elite greenies. If they worked we would be standing in line to buy them.

The freaking things are just a status symbol of the elite greenies. If they worked we would be standing in line to buy them.

All those idiots who drive the green cars are.

The cars may as well come with bumper stickers that say: "I'm better than you are."

So people are happy that GM is having problems and rooting for the failure of the Volt? How can you consider yourself an American and root against GM or any other storied American company? I am as uncomfortable as anyone with the way the GM bankruptcy was handled, favoring the unions over the bondholders. But I want American business to succeed; I don't care if the government did something that wasn't to my liking. Would you rather give this business to China? Wake up fellas, this is our future you're talking about.

So people are happy that GM is having problems and rooting for the failure of the Volt? How can you consider yourself an American and root against GM or any other storied American company? I am as uncomfortable as anyone with the way the GM bankruptcy was handled, favoring the unions over the bondholders. But I want American business to succeed; I don't care if the government did something that wasn't to my liking. Would you rather give this business to China? Wake up fellas, this is our future you're talking about.

republicans are invested in the failure of america and will not rest until they have done all they can to harm america as much as possible......

Isn't it somewhat comforting to know that IF they find a solution they will retrofit the cars?

Forum List

Back