Gloria Allred is a Libreral Partisan Hack Who Only Wants to Hurt Conservatives.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mustang, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
    Ratings:
    +1,792
    It would be different if Allred went after Democrats like she went after conservative Republicans. Then conservatives could take these charges against Cain more seriously.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2zz0J_ycFE]Breaking: Ginger Lee Breaks Silence On Weiner - YouTube[/ame]

2. Dot Com

Dot Com Nullius in verba Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,307
    Even Herb's campaign mgr said it was orchestrated by the Perry (R) camp.

3. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,070
    What Tea Party Activist/Republican would ever call Gloria to represent them?

Answer? No one.

Apparently this woman refused to answer the question "Did you first try any of the other accusers lawyers".

And even some liberal women are going this is too far fetched. Mika from Morning Joe called the press conference by the bimbo and Gloria a sideshow.

Great quote from her:

"Mika Brzezinski On Fourth Cain Accuser’s Press Conference: ‘This Is A Pathetic Sideshow’
    Videoby James Crugnale | 9:24 am, November 8th, 2011
    » 80 comments Mika Brzezinski criticized Herman Cain accuser Sharon Bialek Tuesday on Morning Joe, calling her press conference a “pathetic sideshow” and asking why she didn’t speak out before when Cain was head of the National Restaurant Association. “He was powerful before he was running for president. And nobody spoke out then.

So what does that say about them? Because if someone is a predator — a sexual predator — and they do something to you and you don’t speak out, you’re letting it go.

And clearly this woman and Gloria Allred are very interested in the limelight right now and taking this on, and I wonder what their reasons are.”

Co-host Willie Geist had wondered if Brzezinski was questioning the accuser’s motives in coming forward.

“I still don’t get why (Herman Cain) is even at the top of the list,” Brzezinski opined. “I don’t understand your party. We can go on for the politics of that, but you’re the expert. You can explain it. I don’t get it. I don’t even think he should be there but as far as this is concerned, he was head of the National Restaurant Association.”

Why now?

4. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    perhaps it's because he's running for the Office of President of the United States. A position in which he will be responsible for the lives of 400 Million Americans, not to mention the potential of impacting the Billions of people on the planet.

This isn't a mayoral, County Commissioner or even gubernatorial race. This is the person who will represent our country... the most powerful single person in the world. EVERY CANDIDATE SHOULD BE VETTED AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. We SHOULD know about our candidates.

The bottom line is that Cain probably fucked up... Just like Weiner, Just like Edwards and Just like Gary Hart. They all paid the price for their mistakes... Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives.

But Cain should get a free pass because he's a Conservative? Bullshit. If Proven false, he will have passed that part of the gauntlet like path to the Presidency. If proven true... he will be what he deserves... a footnote in the GOP Primary.

5. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,792
    Here's MY point. Many conservatives have attempted (rather clumsily, and in error, I might add) to paint Gloria Allred as a partisan who's motivation is to hurt Cain because he's conservative (and maybe even because he's a black conservative).

However, the evidence is clear that Allred's motivation has more to do with holding powerful men accountable when they abuse their power and take advantage of women. Representing Ginger Lee against Democrat Representative Anthony Weiner of NY is one case. She also called on Bill Clinton to resign after the Monica Lewinski case became public, and that was a consensual relationship which Lewinski actively pursued.

Now, why didn't Sharon Bialek speak out 14 years ago? I think it's clear that three things were true. One, she didn't have any real proof because there were no other witnesses. Two, she didn't work for the NRA at the time, and probably didn't want to burn a possible future employment reference. And three, she almost certainly didn't have any knowledge that Cain was doing this kind of thing to other women. And to that last reason, she likely knew nothing about it for years, until recently when the experiences of other women came to light, even though they were unwilling to come forward and deal with the character assassinations that are now coming HER way.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  6. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    that is what I see as her motivation reagrdless of ideology.

However, I disagree wuith the part where you say "when they abuse their power"

Instead I see her as one that doesnt care if they did or didnt...as long as she can make it appeare that they did.

And THAT is my beef with her.

7. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    the fact that you say "probably" is the problem.

There is no evidence...no witnesses.....just allegations.
    Yet you see him as likely guilty.
    The media paints him as guilty.
    Heck, Chris Matthews cme right out and said
    "it is OBVIOUS he did something terribly wrong. He should admit he was drunk and move on"

Yet...for every man that is accused of commiting sexual harrassment there are probably twice as many that were accused of it but didnt.

8. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    Sexual harrassment is not a good deal for the gal. Mustang, rep coming your way for courage in defending Ms. Gloria Allred. She represented the unwitting girlfriend Amber Frey of the guy on death row in California for the murder of his wife Laci Peterson and their unborn child.

Yes, she is a liberal; many lawyers are. But first, she is a bona fide professional person when entrusted with people's cases.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  9. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    All such things start with allegations. Like I said... If he did nothing, why the payout? If he made the payout(s), then that information should be known by the voting public.

10. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,792
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not a big fan of Allred simply because she always manages to show up in the media for events that are already in full bloom nationally. The example of Amber Frey and Scott Peterson comes to mind.

But, Allred has plenty of experience in both low profile as well as high profile cases and knows that men behave badly. The difference with powerful men is that, because of their power, they're more able to escape the consequences of their actions while also smearing the reputations of the women who dare to come forward in the process. She's simply stepping up to try to make sure that doesn't happen.

In THIS particular case, she's has no intention of letting Cain, and his presidential campaign, and his myriad supporters steam roll all over Sharon Bialek without putting up one helluva fight. She ain't gonna let Cain get away with bullying Bialek.