Global Warming lawsuits will hammer state budgets!

Can it be reversed if it is happening? Many people say no. Concurrently, it would take a global effort and many emerging economies are the biggest culprits. Try getting the Indians and Chinese to reduce their emissions. Not going to happen. So where are we really? I think this all really boils down to more western self flagellation.
Really?

For every $1 the US put into adding renewable energy last year, China put in $3

china-renewable-energy-2018-e1523259438924.jpg

Powering up. (Reuters/Kim Kyung-Hoon)
WRITTEN BY

Echo Huang
OBSESSION
Energy Shocks
April 09, 2018

China, the world’s largest emitter of greenhouse gases, is determined to rebalance its energy mix, and incorporate more clean energy. That determination is reflected in the money it put into renewable energy last year, dwarfing spending by the next biggest investor, the US.

Last year nearly half of the world’s new renewable energy investment of $279.8 billion (pdf, p.11) came from China, according to a report published April 5 by Bloomberg New Energy Finance, and the sustainable energy finance center run by the United Nations Environment Program and the Frankfurt School of Finance and Management. China’s investment in renewable energy—excluding large hydro projects—rose 30% compared with 2016, and was more than three times of that of the US, whose investment in the sector dropped 6% from 2016 to $40.5 billion last year.

China first overtook the US in new renewable energy investment in 2009 (p.14), but the gap between the two only amounted to $14 billion at that time.

Together, the “big three” developing economies, China, India, and Brazil, accounted for a record 63% of global investment in renewable energy in 2017, noted the report (p.20). Developing countries first surpassed developed country investment in renewables in 2015, but fell back in 2016.

At this rate, China will be a clean economy before we are. And India is finally starting down the same path. Of the present amount of GHGs in the Earth's atmosphere, the developed nations have contributed a far bigger share than the developing nations. And all of us should be helping the third world's poverty stricken nations to develop sun and wind power.

Can it be reversed if it is happening? Many people say no. Concurrently, it would take a global effort and many emerging economies are the biggest culprits. Try getting the Indians and Chinese to reduce their emissions. Not going to happen. So where are we really? I think this all really boils down to more western self flagellation.
Really?

WRITTEN BY

Echo Huang
OBSESSION
Energy Shocks
April 09, 2018

China, the world’s largest emitter of greenhouse gases, is determined to rebalance its energy mix, and incorporate more clean energy. That determination is reflected in the money it put into renewable energy last year, dwarfing spending by the next biggest investor, the US.

Last year nearly half of the world’s new renewable energy investment of $279.8 billion (pdf, p.11) came from China, according to a report published April 5 by Bloomberg New Energy Finance, and the sustainable energy finance center run by the United Nations Environment Program and the Frankfurt School of Finance and Management. China’s investment in renewable energy—excluding large hydro projects—rose 30% compared with 2016, and was more than three times of that of the US, whose investment in the sector dropped 6% from 2016 to $40.5 billion last year.

China first overtook the US in new renewable energy investment in 2009 (p.14), but the gap between the two only amounted to $14 billion at that time.

Together, the “big three” developing economies, China, India, and Brazil, accounted for a record 63% of global investment in renewable energy in 2017, noted the report (p.20). Developing countries first surpassed developed country investment in renewables in 2015, but fell back in 2016.

At this rate, China will be a clean economy before we are. And India is finally starting down the same path. Of the present amount of GHGs in the Earth's atmosphere, the developed nations have contributed a far bigger share than the developing nations. And all of us should be helping the third world's poverty stricken nations to develop sun and wind power.
Yeah...how bout those Chinese.
Chinese companies to build 700 coal plants in and outside China | MINING.com

When American military has to factor in global climate change, that is proof of the pudding. All else is just bluster. And for what?

When American military has to factor in global climate change, that is proof of the pudding. All else is just bluster. And for what?
The one thing that no one seems to understand about "Global Warming" or "Climate Change" is that everyone on the globe plays a part and if there isn't a global effort then why exactly should I give two shits? That is the idiocy of the western mind. All of this hand wringing and obsessive calls for change when half the damned world could really care less.

People like you two have already fucked this nation up. You are the people that create pollution, and say it doesn't matter. You are the people that try to punish scientists for publishing the results of their studies. In other words, you two are really crap individuals that are completely ignorant of this subject that you post so much on. And global warming is already fucking up state budgets.

Climate change damages to Alaska public infrastructure and the economics of proactive adaptation

Abstract
Climate change in the circumpolar region is causing dramatic environmental change that is increasing the vulnerability of infrastructure. We quantified the economic impacts of climate change on Alaska public infrastructure under relatively high and low climate forcing scenarios [representative concentration pathway 8.5 (RCP8.5) and RCP4.5] using an infrastructure model modified to account for unique climate impacts at northern latitudes, including near-surface permafrost thaw. Additionally, we evaluated how proactive adaptation influenced economic impacts on select infrastructure types and developed first-order estimates of potential land losses associated with coastal erosion and lengthening of the coastal ice-free season for 12 communities. Cumulative estimated expenses from climate-related damage to infrastructure without adaptation measures (hereafter damages) from 2015 to 2099 totaled $5.5 billion (2015 dollars, 3% discount) for RCP8.5 and $4.2 billion for RCP4.5, suggesting that reducing greenhouse gas emissions could lessen damages by $1.3 billion this century. The distribution of damages varied across the state, with the largest damages projected for the interior and southcentral Alaska. The largest source of damages was road flooding caused by increased precipitation followed by damages to buildings associated with near-surface permafrost thaw. Smaller damages were observed for airports, railroads, and pipelines. Proactive adaptation reduced total projected cumulative expenditures to $2.9 billion for RCP8.5 and $2.3 billion for RCP4.5. For road flooding, adaptation provided an annual savings of 80–100% across four study eras. For nearly all infrastructure types and time periods evaluated, damages and adaptation costs were larger for RCP8.5 than RCP4.5. Estimated coastal erosion losses were also larger for RCP8.5.

LOL.... you show me the politician who's going to tell their constituents that they have to give up their cell phones, their fireplaces and their nice cars so the sea will stop rising 3 mm per year! Tell them their electric bills will double and they'll have to pay a $20 surcharge to went to a city by car..... so they can lower the temperature 0.3 degrees !! Now there's a brilliant political strategy for ya!! Please go find me a politician who's going to run on that platform s0n!! Show me a link of one of the Tom Steyer boys who despite tens of millions consistently got their clocks cleaned in midterm elections!! I do think in this form before you post on complicated issues you should at least have to display that you dont have a political IQ of a small soap dish:fingerscrossed::hello77:

Please show us where constituents of our congressmen are showing they want to open up their wallets to fight global warming?????:iyfyus.jpg:

Links would be nice:hyper::hyper:
A complete fucking lie. We can supply all of the power needs of this nation with renewables. We now have grid scale storage coming online, and both solar and wind are cheaper, measured by the kilowatt produced, that even dirty coal. We don't need nukes, we don't need, and should shut down, coal fired plants. Both solar and wind employ more people, and spread the money among our citizens in a far more equitable way than does coal, gas, or especially, nuclear.

Highly idealistic thinking ( many would say "Disney" ).... you were saying the exact same things years ago and barely anything has changed. C'mon now!! Wind and solar powering the grid?:hhello::hhello: In what century because a hundred percent certainty it's not going to be this one. Ask Obama!! Even his administration said 18 months ago that buy mid-century solar and wind would still be less than 10% of providing electricity for our grid.

People who think like me realize that embracing progressive ideas makes things hunky dory but only for the few.... far more people benefit far more without progressive ideas. Progressives don't care who gets fucked over as long as their agenda is met. Which is exactly why Donald Trump dominated 18 months ago.... regular Americans will being cast aside why the Progressive in Chief. The people said fuck this :rock::rock:

Now of course you may be right in the end but before that of course there will be a civil war and not thinking your side will be winning armed with spitballs and Nerf guns. Just sayin.... a full-on balls out Civil War would have to occur before renewable energy is powering power grid before the end of this century.

“Climate change” is a term or phrase that catches the eye. But realistically the worlds climate has been changing since day one (1). The earth was once mostly covered in ice. The ice melted causing great floods and life goes on.

The real threat that we face in the near term is the lose of our “energy” source. All the known oil reserves will be sucked out of the ground and burned within 30-40 years. China proclaims that they will be running totally on renewables by 2020. We need to be doing the same. In some respects, we are. Hybrid cars are now on the market that get 44 miles-per-gallon. Most UPS trucks are hybrid models.

But we need to be doing more. Trump needs to order all military vehicles to be converted to hybrids by 2025. I am sure there is a long list of things we could be doing to softly transition us away from fossil fuels. But the impetus to make these changes needs to come from the White House.

Write to your Senators and Representatives urging them to get involved.

Just a suggestion

Really?

WRITTEN BY

Echo Huang
OBSESSION
Energy Shocks
April 09, 2018

Lol...... fails to mention that China is building two to three coal plants/ month and will be increasing coal production by 50% in 2050!!!:coffee::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Hey but they put in $3 for renewables:bigbed:

“Climate change” is a term or phrase that catches the eye. But realistically the worlds climate has been changing since day one (1). The earth was once mostly covered in ice. The ice melted causing great floods and life goes on.

The real threat that we face in the near term is the lose of our “energy” source. All the known oil reserves will be sucked out of the ground and burned within 30-40 years. China proclaims that they will be running totally on renewables by 2020. We need to be doing the same. In some respects, we are. Hybrid cars are now on the market that get 44 miles-per-gallon. Most UPS trucks are hybrid models.

But we need to be doing more. Trump needs to order all military vehicles to be converted to hybrids by 2025. I am sure there is a long list of things we could be doing to softly transition us away from fossil fuels. But the impetus to make these changes needs to come from the White House.

Just a suggestion

My God s0n..... time to get up to speed about what's going on in the real world regarding energy. More than half of what you say sounds like an Al Gore disciple from 10 years ago. It's 2018.... nobody cares about Al Gore.

The one thing that no one seems to understand about "Global Warming" or "Climate Change" is that everyone on the globe plays a part and if there isn't a global effort then why exactly should I give two shits? That is the idiocy of the western mind. All of this hand wringing and obsessive calls for change when half the damned world could really care less.

Well spoken..if preventable CANCER eats you alive, who gives a shit? Yeah, well like that well, blow it all off. Who gives a shit...pretty scary remark. I give a shit. We all need to give a SHIT.

Global warming lawsuit could hammer OK, other states

The important thing to remember with this story is that advocates of doing something about global warming never factor in the costs. To them costs do not exist.

Unfortunately in the real world they do exist. In States like New York California and Oklahoma where these lawsuits are frequent you can be 100% certain of one thing: the $$ earmark to go for repair of roads and Public Safety will not be going there. Those dollars will be going to pay off these lawsuits.

What I suggest is if you live in these states like I do, put aside plenty of money for extra wheels for your car and extra tires as well. Those Volkswagen Beetle sized potholes are not going anywhere soon. Increased public safety? Sorry... not in the dangerous cities of your states s0ns. Not happening for you....."fuck you..... we have to fight global warming!!"

Necessary trade-offs.... a concept not at all understood by the climate crusaders.:backpedal:

Great, the oil companies should stop selling their products in those cities immediately. See how that works for them.

My God s0n..... time to get up to speed about what's going on in the real world regarding energy. More than half of what you say sounds like an Al Gore disciple from 10 years ago. It's 2018.... nobody cares about Al Gore.

Al Gore was not mentioned in my post so you just decided to use my post as an excuse to hype about Al Gore.

In the future please leave me out of your temper tantrums, Ok

Well spoken..if preventable CANCER eats you alive, who gives a shit? Yeah, well like that well, blow it all off. Who gives a shit...pretty scary remark.
3/4 of the world shits while 1/4 shovel? No thanks...scary is being an idiot with a shovel.

In other words, let others lead. Our nation can be a follower like third world nations. That is where you want the US. I much prefer that we be the leader, and not a follower. But people like Putin much prefer what you and other 'Conservatives' prefer.

In other words, let others lead. Our nation can be a follower like third world nations. That is where you want the US. I much prefer that we be the leader, and not a follower. But people like Putin much prefer what you and other 'Conservatives' prefer.
Yes yes yes...the moral high ground. We must continue to increase regulation on industry to virtue signal, while other nations simply do as they please. Such silliness.

Lol...... fails to mention that China is building two to three coal plants/ month and will be increasing coal production by 50% in 2050!!!

Hey but they put in $3 for renewables
(Moronic/Retarded/Juvenile emoticons deleted)

Like all your postings your claims are Stupid, Self-Serving and False.

China's latest energy megaprojects show that coal is really on the way out
Leanna Garfield - May. 9, 2018
China's latest energy megaprojects show that coal is really on the way out

"....To improve the country's air quality, the Chinese government vows to spend at least $360 Billion on clean energy projects and create 13 Million new Renewable energy jobs by 2020.

China's latest energy megaprojects — two giant solar farms in Anhui, one of which will go online in May — could get the country closer to that goal.
[.....]
In late 2017, the country built a massive floating solar farm on top of a former coal mine that had collapsed and flooded.
[.....]
This year marks China's fourth anniversary since it started a "war on pollution," and there's reason to believe the country is making headway
[.....]
Looking at over 200 monitors throughout China, a new analysis found that Chinese cities have cut concentrations of fine particulates — often considered the deadliest type of pollution — by 32% on average since 2013.
[.....]
China is already one of the world's biggest investors in alternative energy sources like solar, wind, and hydropower.

[.....]
The two new solar farms signal the slow decline of fossil fuels like coal in China and other countries around the world.
[.....]

China is one of the biggest countries to make a significant move Away from coal. Last year, the country Cancelled 104 new coal plants that were in development across 13 provinces.**

Last edited:
Not mention actual global warming that will hammer our economies.

Why would actual global warming hammer our economies?

I don't see evidence that this will be a huge problem, unless we see some substantial increase in temp. If anything it may open up more land to be farm-able. If it rains more in some areas, that would make it easier to irrigate.

Well, firstly if sea levels rise, you'll see lots of insurance payouts, or people losing a lot of money in property.

Rising populations, less land.... potential for the seas to die.... reducing food, increasing energy consumption to keep cool, or produce oxygen potentially.

Devastating wars from upheaval, lots of ways it can have an impact.

Just a suggestion
Well, first of all, yes climate is always in flux. However, there are always reasons behind the changes, drivers of the changes. In recent times, that has been the Milankovic
Cycles. However, even with these cycles, the GHGs played a major role. However, now that we are putting huge amounts of GHGs into the atmosphere, we are the primary driver of climate change.

I agree with you on making the military vehicles hybrids. However, by 2025, I think that the battery technology will have advanced far enough that most civilian vehicles manufactured after then should be pure EV's. And, yes, the President should be leading us in this direction, for the technology in solar and wind, as well as grid scale batteries has developed to the point that this is not only the cleanest way to go, but also the most economical.

Well spoken..if preventable CANCER eats you alive, who gives a shit? Yeah, well like that well, blow it all off. Who gives a shit...pretty scary remark.
3/4 of the world shits while 1/4 shovel? No thanks...scary is being an idiot with a shovel.
So you want us to wade in out own shit? Damn, that is what you are saying. Because the rest of the world may not do a wise thing, we should continue being foolish? You are a fool.

Global warming lawsuit could hammer OK, other states

The important thing to remember with this story is that advocates of doing something about global warming never factor in the costs. To them costs do not exist.

Unfortunately in the real world they do exist. In States like New York California and Oklahoma where these lawsuits are frequent you can be 100% certain of one thing: the $$ earmark to go for repair of roads and Public Safety will not be going there. Those dollars will be going to pay off these lawsuits.

What I suggest is if you live in these states like I do, put aside plenty of money for extra wheels for your car and extra tires as well. Those Volkswagen Beetle sized potholes are not going anywhere soon. Increased public safety? Sorry... not in the dangerous cities of your states s0ns. Not happening for you....."fuck you..... we have to fight global warming!!" Necessary trade-offs.... a concept not at all understood by the climate crusaders.

Just another scam by the Leftist Fatheads to try to shake-down companies for money because the Left doesn't believe in actually going out and earning a buck for themselves. I'm just waiting for them to sue dairy farms for global warming next because they know milk production leads to cow flatulence.

Forum List

Back