Global Investment in Wind and Solar Energy Is Outshining Fossil Fuels

Wow, you really are ignorant aren't you. No, dummy, an appeal to authority is invalid the second that that authority has a financial stake in their opinion.
They have the "Financial stake" (and lotsa money) BECAUSE of Expert opinion and their own experience with previous solar and wind plants you Raging MORON.

appeal to authority
You said that because an authority thinks something, it must therefore be true.
Your logical fallacy is appeal to authority

It's important to note that this fallacy should Not be used to dismiss the claims of experts, or scientific consensus. Appeals to authority are not valid arguments, but nor is it reasonable to disregard the claims of experts who have a demonstrated depth of knowledge unless one has a similar level of understanding and/or access to empirical evidence....​

These are scientists and Experienced industry experts/Large companies. The vast majority, not their first go round.

Like many on this hideous board, you are too stupid to debate.
You have position here no less.
Disastrous proof of an unsolvable problem.

And that wraps it up.
flacaltenn, ssdd, WTF-Telephone-pole-Billy_bob, and westwall
All gutted.

`

Last edited:
Wow, you really are ignorant aren't you. No, dummy, an appeal to authority is invalid the second that that authority has a financial stake in their opinion.
They have the "Financial stake" BECAUSE of Expert opinion and their own experience with previous solar and wind plants you Raging MORON.

appeal to authority

It's important to note that this fallacy should Not be used to dismiss the claims of experts, or scientific consensus. Appeals to authority are not valid arguments, but nor is it reasonable to disregard the claims of experts who have a demonstrated depth of knowledge unless one has a similar level of understanding and/or access to empirical evidence....​

These are scientists and Experienced industry experts/large companies. The vast majority, not their first go round.

`

And they ALL benefit monetarily from their positions. Some of them even own "sustainability" companies which further mires them in the depths of conflict of interest.

They have the Financial stake BECAUSE of Expert opinion and their own experience with previous solar and wind plants you Raging MORON.

appeal to authority

It's important to note that this fallacy should not be used to dismiss the claims of experts, or scientific consensus. Appeals to authority are not valid arguments, but nor is it reasonable to disregard the claims of experts who have a demonstrated depth of knowledge unless one has a similar level of understanding and/or access to empirical evidence....​

These are scientists and Experienced industry experts/large companies. The vast majority, not their first go round.

Like many on this hideous board, you are too stupid to debate

Disastrous .
`
Let me explain to you whom you are dealing with..

I work for a power company these days as a meteorologist taking care of a 1800 turbine wind farm. Supervisors come to me to get authorization for work on their sites. I have multiple degrees and am currently a Phd candidate..

I can run circles around your ignorance as can Flactenn and Westwall.

They have the "Financial stake" BECAUSE of Expert opinion and their own experience with previous solar and wind plants you Raging MORON.

appeal to authority

`

And they ALL benefit monetarily from their positions. Some of them even own "sustainability" companies which further mires them in the depths of conflict of interest.
IMHO Abu is a troll or a crick/old crock sock puppet. He has no inclination to debate. It is his way and we should be kept silent. Simply put, a left wing hack..

He has shown no working knowledge of the systems he spouts off about and is totally ignorant of why they fail or why they do not work. He is a true believer of the church of AGW..

This would be completely False.

I have "learned" no such thing.
In fact, my OP demonstrates, those in the know, who've put in the time and effort, and who lay out Billions, have put out 2/3+ of the New energy generation money, have done so in Solar and Wind.

Your OP is an opinion piece in a non scientific newspaper..guess you really haven't learned anything. You have been given plenty of data regarding the inefficency of wind...do you think it is only the UK where windmills don't work? Can you give any sort of scientific reason why their windmills don't produce but everyone elses do?

I work for a power company these days as a meteorologist taking care of a 1800 turbine wind farm. Supervisors come to me to get authorization for work on their sites. I have multiple degrees and am currently a Phd candidate..

And i'm a lowly red necked blue collar garden variety spark who's worked with a multitude of poco's over the last 3 decades.

Folks get so upset the feds are subsidizing alt energy, but they don't understand most poco's not only have failing infastructures they've sucked every dime out of, many of our nuke plants aren't any better off, none of which can handle expected growth, much of it is threatened by foreign producers.

Those very same power oligarchs who are empowered to administrate federal gifts alos have the unmitigated cognitive dissonance towards lobbying public service boards for the minimal payback, on the backs of journalistic ventures creating an air of fascade , talk about biting the hand that feeds!

Anecdotally, much of the resi grid tie and/or stand alone systems have advanced to where i can't even keep up with the technology (and i do this every day) is selling like hot cakes

why?

because the math works

~S~

The OP was nothing more than an opinion piece...that qualifies as evidence in your mind?
LOL
Since I assume you can read, I think we can safely call that a Lie.
NUMBERS are given:
$297 billion was spent on renewables—compared with $143 billion on new nuclear, coal, gas and fuel-oil power plants...

they are "app" but not even close.
It's Not like only 10% was spent on Solar and wind.
As I said just above to flacaltenn.
This is real Money from those in the know.
Two Thirds of new money by Industry professionals and experts, NOT mere "opinion
"

Gameover II.
`

Throw enough government mandates and subsidies at something, people will waste tons of money building it.

They have the Financial stake BECAUSE of Expert opinion and their own experience with previous solar and wind plants you Raging MORON.

appeal to authority

It's important to note that this fallacy should not be used to dismiss the claims of experts, or scientific consensus. Appeals to authority are not valid arguments, but nor is it reasonable to disregard the claims of experts who have a demonstrated depth of knowledge unless one has a similar level of understanding and/or access to empirical evidence....​

Disastrous .
`

And yet....."covailent bonds repel photons"

No, as I said, I'm smarter than you and didn't take the deflective Anecdote/BAIT.
(only wind in one country, instead of THE topic: Global Wind and Solar)

The OP and subsequent posts remain true despite your fallacious BS and new red herring.
Really, you're used to the usual 90 IQ clowns here, not those of us 50 points higher/smarter than you.
`

Guess you only look at the pre processed, heavily biased information provided to you by your handlers. The fact is that wind and solar are losers and result in more fossil fuel use...not less.

Have fossil fuels been substituted by renewables? An empirical assessment for 10 European countries - ScienceDirect

The installed capacity of wind power preserves fossil fuel dependency. … Electricity consumption intensity and its peaks have been satisfied by burning fossil fuels. … [A]s RES [renewable energy sources] increases, the expected decreasing tendency in the installed capacity of electricity generation from fossil fuels, has not been found. Despite the high share of RES in the electricity mix, RES, namely wind power and solar PV, are characterised by intermittent electricity generation. … The inability of RES-I [intermittent renewable energy sources like wind and solar] to satisfy high fluctuations in electricity consumption on its own constitutes one of the main obstacles to the deployment of renewables. This incapacity is due to both the intermittency of natural resource availability, and the difficulty or even impossibility of storing electricity on a large scale, to defer generation. As a consequence, RES [renewable energy sources] might not fully replace fossil sources.”

The literature proves the existence of a unidirectional causality running from RES [renewable energy sources] to NRES [non-renewable energy sources] (Almulali et al., 2014; Dogan, 2015; Salim et al., 2014). This unidirectional causality proves the need for countries to maintain or increase their installed capacity of fossil fuel generation, because of the characteristics of RES [renewable energy sources] production.”
Continental Divide

But Greenie energy still enjoys success in making snooty Urinepeeins feel morally superior to us crude and materialistic American peasants.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

The appeal to authority.... Logical fallacy 101..

When you don't have a clue when your being lied too you have no point of view from which to see how you've been lied too..

YOU are a useful idiot.... A dupe... A moron...nothing more..
The usual BLINDING IDIOCY from Billy Bob.

"Appeal to authority" Fallacy would be if I claimed "Kobe Bryant says Windmills work". Improper authority.
Expert opinion, OTOH, is proper citation.

ie, If I cited Einstein on Relativity, that would be proper and excellent citation, Not the 'appeal to authority' fallacy. Even you might understand this example.

You remain So Stupid as to be Undebatable.

`
Wolfgang Science

Not recognized by nutty professors of philosophy, you're committing the Discover's Fallacy, as in quoting Columbus about what continent he had landed in. Or quoting Heisenberg, whose authoritarian irrationalism about indeterminacy explains why he became a Nazi.

Were you not entirely brain dead you could go to the site and monitor it for a whole year. Then you would see just how pathetic wind power is. I have a suggestion for you. Remove your home from the grid and go full on wind. Let us know how that works out for you. I am truly curious.
Oh look!
The board's highest ranking MORON.

"A whole year", is hardly long enough. It's WEATHER. (even 2++ years could be nino/nina or other cycle)
and in ONE country that's probably 1% of the Globe.
Compared to my OP: Global Stats.

Now go back into the dugout, you weren't called dip****.
Your team needs someone more capable, not less.
`

With a years worth of data you can get a very good idea whether the investment in your windfarm is worthwhile. The Reno-Gazette Journal did a report back in March of 2012 where they reviewed all of the wind turbines in the Truckee Meadows. They found that none produced anywhere near what the installers claimed. The turbines that Reno bought, after a years generation didn't produce even 1% of the claimed return. Reno has since pulled them down when it was calculated that the maintenance costs were far more than the amount of energy they would ever produce. In the world of morons you are number one sweet cheeks.

I understand that at present, there are over 10,000 windmills out of service in California alone and none of these are ever expected to be made serviceable again.
Angel Dust

Gov. BrownJunior will dispose of the disposal problem by beaming them up to the moon.

Were you not entirely brain dead you could go to the site and monitor it for a whole year. Then you would see just how pathetic wind power is. I have a suggestion for you. Remove your home from the grid and go full on wind. Let us know how that works out for you. I am truly curious.
Oh look!
The board's highest ranking MORON.

"A whole year", is hardly long enough. It's WEATHER. (even 2++ years could be nino/nina or other cycle)
and in ONE country that's probably 1% of the Globe.
Compared to my OP: Global Stats.

Now go back into the dugout, you weren't called dip****.
Your team needs someone more capable, not less.
`

With a years worth of data you can get a very good idea whether the investment in your windfarm is worthwhile. The Reno-Gazette Journal did a report back in March of 2012 where they reviewed all of the wind turbines in the Truckee Meadows. They found that none produced anywhere near what the installers claimed. The turbines that Reno bought, after a years generation didn't produce even 1% of the claimed return. Reno has since pulled them down when it was calculated that the maintenance costs were far more than the amount of energy they would ever produce. In the world of morons you are number one sweet cheeks.

I understand that at present, there are over 10,000 windmills out of service in California alone and none of these are ever expected to be made serviceable again.
Angel Dust

Gov. BrownJunior will dispose of the disposal problem by beaming them up to the moon.

At least he has a plan. Most of them won't even acknowledge that windmills break down and become monuments formed of toxic waste that are not only dangerous to the environment but spoil the view as well.

Investment is just spending money, and doesn't necessarily mean you'll see a profit from investing.

Anyone remember the billions of dollars of taxpayer's money Obama "invested" in bogus "green energy" and solar companies, only to see them go tits up?

I do.

Obama Legacy: List of Failed Obama Green Energy & Solar Companies: Losses in the Billions for Taxpayers. None Succeeded.
And you are a liar.

The U.S. Government Has Invested $34 Billion in Renewable Energy—and It’s Making a Profit

Is the United States government a savvier investor in green technology than Silicon Valley’s masters of the universe?

It sure looks like it, judging from the U.S. Department of Energy’s new report on the performance of its $34.3 billion portfolio of investments in solar power plants, wind farms, and other renewable energy projects. The Obama administration in 2009 charged the DOE’s Loan Programs Office with jump-starting cutting-edge green technology ventures deemed too risky and expensive to attract cash from private investors.

As of September, that portfolio had a loss rate of 2.28 percent and has made a profit of $30 million.

The typical loss rate for a venture capital firm’s portfolio? As many as 40 percent of those companies fail, according to a 2012 Harvard Business School study.

$30Mill on $30Bill? OK --- not bragging material. How'd they hide all the losses? Because AMERICAN solar died a pretty horrible death under the OBama Admin..
ELECTRICITY_GENERATION_BY_TYPE_2444_732_80.jpg

us-new-power-plant-capacity_annual_2017-2003.jpeg

us-new-power-plant-capacity_annualdistributed_2017-2003.jpeg

us-new-power-plant-capacity_quarterly_2017-2015.jpeg

Of New Power Generation, How Much is on the Roof? - 2017 Update - Institute for Local Self-Reliance

In spite of the senile old fool in the White House, solar and wind are doing very well.

Investment is just spending money, and doesn't necessarily mean you'll see a profit from investing.

Anyone remember the billions of dollars of taxpayer's money Obama "invested" in bogus "green energy" and solar companies, only to see them go tits up?

I do.

Obama Legacy: List of Failed Obama Green Energy & Solar Companies: Losses in the Billions for Taxpayers. None Succeeded.
And you are a liar.

The U.S. Government Has Invested $34 Billion in Renewable Energy—and It’s Making a Profit

Is the United States government a savvier investor in green technology than Silicon Valley’s masters of the universe?

It sure looks like it, judging from the U.S. Department of Energy’s new report on the performance of its $34.3 billion portfolio of investments in solar power plants, wind farms, and other renewable energy projects. The Obama administration in 2009 charged the DOE’s Loan Programs Office with jump-starting cutting-edge green technology ventures deemed too risky and expensive to attract cash from private investors.

As of September, that portfolio had a loss rate of 2.28 percent and has made a profit of $30 million.

The typical loss rate for a venture capital firm’s portfolio? As many as 40 percent of those companies fail, according to a 2012 Harvard Business School study.

$30Mill on $30Bill? OK --- not bragging material. How'd they hide all the losses? Because AMERICAN solar died a pretty horrible death under the OBama Admin..

Of New Power Generation, How Much is on the Roof? - 2017 Update - Institute for Local Self-Reliance

In spite of the senile old fool in the White House, solar and wind are doing very well.

WOW !!! Pretty charts. Did you check in to see what that 12GW of wind investment is producing this week in the UK?? You sure do like to avoid the actual performance and metrics of these over-hyped over-subsidized trophies.... As for your charts --- 34% of almost nothing is still not much..

Grid demand has been in a dive for about a decade. No new capacity is really needed. Unless you're paying attention to the AGE of some of the workhorse generators. And see you really should be REPLACING them. But then -- that wouldn't be "new capacity" would it? Oh well. It was all very pretty..

Update on the 12GW of "installed wind" in the UK. Named storm Huberto (or whatever) is winding down. Wind is at 4.6GW and falling. The past 30 day AVERAGE is in the dumps at about 1.5 GW.. The weekly, monthly, daily charts are all here..

G. B. National Grid status

That's NOT what your charts say --- is it GoldiRocks? Not exactly getting what they paid for -- are they?

I do.

And you are a liar.

Which traditional poco's are well aware of
The Grid Needs a Symphony, Not a Shouting Match - Rocky Mountain Institute
~S~[[/QUOTE]

Update on the 12GW of "installed wind" in the UK. Named storm Huberto (or whatever) is winding down. Wind is at 4.6GW and falling. The past 30 day AVERAGE is in the dumps at about 1.5 GW.. The weekly, monthly, daily charts are all here..

G. B. National Grid status

That's NOT what your charts say --- is it GoldiRocks? Not exactly getting what they paid for -- are they?

He's posted US , not GB stats Flacatenn

As to GB stats , your posting the low end, to which there is a high end,,,,,,

National Grid Control Room

✔@NGControlRoom

Yesterday #wind produced 33.7% of GB electricity followed by gas 28.7%, nuclear 20.0%, imports 7.2%, biomass 5.0%, solar 3.3%, hydro 0.9%, storage 0.8%, other 0.4%, coal 0.0%, national demand 783 GWh

UK Goes 55 Hours Without Coal Power, Breaking Record

~S~

Gee.. Time for a stock market update on Solar ETFunds boys and girls..

3690871_14746385102354_rId5.jpg
What is that a Graph of? Link?

1. I made an ASS out of you and your claim showing EXLOSION of Solar from 2008-2012.

2. "Solar ETF Funds" (LOFL) ONLY SHOWS THE CHINESE TARGETING I NOTED.. and Increased Competition/PRODUCTION

DISHONEST GRAPH
RESIGN YOUR POST

3. Here is thru 2016

AWEA-4.jpg

Game Over 2

And you are a DISHONEST MFer.
Who didn't post output but a deflecting graph.
You are NOT smart enuf to debate me.

I'm smart enough not to be TROLLED by you. That's for certain. All those numbers have to get divided by 3 or more. And it's FUCKING WIND. The source you can't write a contract for.

Hi --- I'm from Pennsylvania Electric System operator -- I'd like to buy 450MWatts of wind for next Tuesday from 4AM to Noon. What's the price?

Oh -- Tuesdays are bad for us lately maybe we could supply 15% on Tuesday and the rest spread out over the rest of the week?

Are you fucking kidding me? You ever SEE the daily production charts from a fucking wind farm? I'm betting your troll ass never has. Kinda IMPORTANT to such an "expert" like yourself -- dontchathink?

Wind Energy in Australia | April 2018 | Aneroid

Uncheck all the black boxes at the bottom of the graph except VIC1 and then NSW1. WHERE is the energy gonna come from when the all the wind in Victoria or New S. Wales dies in 15 minutes????
From a fucking big battery that Musk has sold them. Just like in South Australia.

appeal to authority

Disastrous .
`

LOL Mr. Burger flipper, you are a lying little fuck. You have repeatedly demonstrated your ignorance of even the most basic scientific knowledge, while claim a degree in atmospheric physics. Not only are the wind and solar farms here to stay, they will be the primary source of electricity for this nation in my lifetime.

Forum List

Back