Global Investment in Wind and Solar Energy Is Outshining Fossil Fuels

To flacaltenn and the world's slowest SSD...

There is NO rebuttal to the OP numbers, and the Globe's dramatically shifting energy trend.
Just alotta smoke and dip*****.
`

Were you not entirely brain dead you could go to the site and monitor it for a whole year. Then you would see just how pathetic wind power is. I have a suggestion for you. Remove your home from the grid and go full on wind. Let us know how that works out for you. I am truly curious.
Oh look!
The board's highest ranking MORON.

"A whole year", is hardly long enough. It's WEATHER. (even 2++ years could be nino/nina or other cycle)
and in ONE country that's probably 1% of the Globe.
Compared to my OP: Global Stats.

Now go back into the dugout, you weren't called dip****.
Your team needs someone more capable, not less.
`

El nino/nina largely have no HUGE effect on wind production. It might shift the areas a bit, but the results are so entirely BAD for wind -- that you can't really tell much about el nino/nina cycles. If they AVERAGE 30% of their PURCHASED capacity --- it's a great year. Even if the majority of that power occurs within only 50 days or so of that year. So IF el nino/nina had a 20% reduction effect -- it would only take the average down to 24% of the purchased amount. Depending on location it could also INCREASE..

Your a liar!

But then that's the leftard way...

http://www.eci.ox.ac.uk/publications/downloads/sinden06-windresource.pdf

Analysis: The impact of La Niña on UK wind power.

Cooling oceans are lowering wind speeds across them... I would tell you to read up on the issues but you must first know how to read technical documents. You have proven yourself ignorant of how these systems work and why they fail...
LOFL
You're not only a Liar you're an IDIOT.

I put up Multi-year stats. The overall and Growing Trend..
You put up a WEATHER ANOMALY "La Nina".

You MORON. A cyclical Weather event does NOT a trend make.
My Stats DO make the trend.

And you're so combative you 12 IQ Clown
`

XXXX -- Mod Edit -- Excessive flaming.

I didn't think a negative IQ was possible, but you have given us empirical evidence yours is...

Now would you be so kind to provide even one shred of evidence you have a clue about wind and solar failures?

Last edited by a moderator:

There is NO rebuttal to the OP numbers, and the Globe's dramatically shifting energy trend.
`

I think you've learned a lot here. It hasn't been an entire loss. You were totally unprepared for the ACTUAL facts on wind/solar performance and efficacy. Maybe next time we'll get a more BALANCED picture of how worthy these technologies actually are for being "Alternatives" to anything.

They are supplements. Actually SOLAR is a supplement. Wind is a fantasy except for the off-grid applications I alluded to. Fixed PV solar is 50% down in output for 4 of the 8 hours it's available because of sun angle. So -- it's derated by 30% of PLACARDED capacity as well -- but has a more predictable output than wind that can be anticipated over the course of several days. Solar CAN relieve the Daytime Peak loads in a lot of places, but not everywhere. That relief in PEAK demand amounts to a MAXIMUM of about 15%. Since the summertime load at 10PM is 80% of daytime peaks in most developed countries and that BACKBONE generation must be preserved and rewarded financially. In addition the FULL PEAK with safety margins MUST be preserved for those snow/rainy/cloudy days. So you are not REPLACING much of anything. You've just added a "daytime peaker" source that you can't depend on with solar PV.

Last edited:

`

The OP was nothing more than an opinion piece...that qualifies as evidence in your mind?

Hey Abu -- If you look REAL QUICK LIKE at the Wind on the UK grid you can do a happy dance..

:5_1_12024:

Full disclosure -- It's up to 7.6GW right now. Do your happy dance. And let's check again in a couple hours huh? First time since LAST THURSDAY they are getting anything appreciable out of that 12GW investment.

G. B. National Grid status

Last edited:
Were you not entirely brain dead you could go to the site and monitor it for a whole year. Then you would see just how pathetic wind power is. I have a suggestion for you. Remove your home from the grid and go full on wind. Let us know how that works out for you. I am truly curious.
Oh look!

"A whole year", is hardly long enough. It's WEATHER. (even 2++ years could be nino/nina or other cycle)

`

With a years worth of data you can get a very good idea whether the investment in your windfarm is worthwhile. The Reno-Gazette Journal did a report back in March of 2012 where they reviewed all of the wind turbines in the Truckee Meadows. They found that none produced anywhere near what the installers claimed. The turbines that Reno bought, after a years generation didn't produce even 1% of the claimed return. Reno has since pulled them down when it was calculated that the maintenance costs were far more than the amount of energy they would ever produce. In the world of morons you are number one sweet cheeks.

Oh look!

`

With a years worth of data you can get a very good idea whether the investment in your windfarm is worthwhile. The Reno-Gazette Journal did a report back in March of 2012 where they reviewed all of the wind turbines in the Truckee Meadows. They found that none produced anywhere near what the installers claimed. The turbines that Reno bought, after a years generation didn't produce even 1% of the claimed return. Reno has since pulled them down when it was calculated that the maintenance costs were far more than the amount of energy they would ever produce. In the world of morons you are number one sweet cheeks.

I understand that at present, there are over 10,000 windmills out of service in California alone and none of these are ever expected to be made serviceable again.

Oh look!

`

I understand that at present, there are over 10,000 windmills out of service in California alone and none of these are ever expected to be made serviceable again.
When companies go bankrupt there is no one left to tear down the rusting piles of junk..

Focusing on large wind farms doesn't paint all alt energy inefficent ,or a bad investment.

~S~

I think you've learned a lot here. It hasn't been an entire loss. You were totally unprepared for the ACTUAL facts on wind/solar performance and efficacy. Maybe next time we'll get a more BALANCED picture of how worthy these technologies actually are for being "Alternatives" to anything.

They are supplements. Actually SOLAR is a supplement. ....
This would be completely False.

I have "learned" no such thing.
In fact, my OP demonstrates, those in the know, who've put in the time and effort, and who lay out Billions, have put out 2/3+ of the New energy generation money, have done so in Solar and Wind.

Your and Billy Bob's deflections about the UK Alone (Cyclical Weather/Wind problem) hardly refutes that. There's more windmills on more farms every year.. and off more coasts Because ther ARE working.

That's what I find so disturbing about you.
These intentional little deflections (anecdotes really) against the Vastly more knowledgable spending of the global Energy INDUSTRY professionals.
My post and numbers are from the WSJ, not Moveon or Slate.

Money talks, BS Walks.
Take a walk. (and I hope YOU learned something)

Gameover.

Last edited:

They are supplements. Actually SOLAR is a supplement. ....
This would be completely False.

I have "learned" no such thing.
In fact, my OP demonstrates, those in the know, who've put in the time and effort, and who lay out Billions, have put out 2/3+ of the New energy generation money, have done so in Solar and Wind.

Your and Billy Bob's deflections about the UK Alone (Cyclical Weather/Wind problem hardly refutes that. There's more windmills on more farms every year.. and off more coasts Because ther ARE working.

That's what I find so disturbing about you.
These intentional little deflections (anecdotes really) against the Vastly more knowledgable spending of the global Energy INDUSTRY rofessionals.
My post and numbers are from the WSJ, not Movon or Slate.

Money talks, BS Walks.
Take a walk. (and I hope YOU learned something)

Gameover.
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

The appeal to authority.... Logical fallacy 101..

When you don't have a clue when your being lied too you have no point of view from which to see how you've been lied too..

YOU are a useful idiot.... A dupe... A moron...nothing more..

Last edited:

The OP was nothing more than an opinion piece...that qualifies as evidence in your mind?
LOL
Since I assume you can read, I think we can safely call that a Lie.
NUMBERS are given:
$297 billion was spent on renewables—compared with $143 billion on new nuclear, coal, gas and fuel-oil power plants...

they are "app" but not even close.
It's Not like only 10% was spent on Solar and wind.
As I said just above to flacaltenn.
This is real Money from those in the know.
Two Thirds of new money by Industry professionals and experts, NOT mere "opinion
"

Gameover II.
`

Last edited:

In fact --- ALL your numbers demonstrate is how willing the various govts of the world are to HEAVILY SUBSIDIZE something faulty out of political convictions and faith. Who WOULDN'T want a huge tax break for investing in "clean green".. THat's why so many corporations pay so little in taxes. They are LOADED to the gills with "energy investment" tax credits. AND -- they can advertise their green-ness to dupes like you that THINK -- all this is saving the planet.

But it's not.. In reality..

When you don't have a clue when your being lied too you have no point of view from which to see how you've been lied too..

The usual BLINDING IDIOCY from Billy Bob.

"Appeal to authority" Fallacy would be if I claimed "Kobe Bryant says Windmills work". Improper authority.
Expert opinion, OTOH, is proper citation.

ie, If I cited Einstein on Relativity, that would be proper and excellent citation, Not the 'appeal to authority' fallacy. Even you might understand this example.

You remain So Stupid as to be Undebatable.

`

Last edited:

The usual BLINDING IDIOCY from Billy Bob.

"Appeal to authority" Fallacy would be if I claimed "Kobe Bryant says Windmills work". Improper authority.
Expert opinion, OTOH, is proper citation.

ie, If I cited Einstein on Relativity, that would be proper and excellent citation, Not the 'appeal to authority' fallacy.

You remain So Stupid as to be Undebatable.

`

Wow, you really are ignorant aren't you. No, dummy, an appeal to authority is invalid the second that that authority has a financial stake in their opinion.

Forum List

Back