Global Investment in Wind and Solar Energy Is Outshining Fossil Fuels

If you DARE Afak -- Go blow up the chart for the YEARLY Hydro/Pumped/Solar/Bio production results at that UK Real Time Energy dashboard.... Don't know why they don't include wind. Probably too damn embarrassing..

Other nations have had massive grid failures and rolling brown outs

Euro nations rebuilt after WW2, because they had to,infastructure is always the first target

In general, their smaller nation states have smaller and far better power systems than we do

Euro sparks who visit are appauled at the state of our aging infastructure , regularly posting it all in their spark chat rooms for a laugh

~S~

The main NEGATIVES of wind/solar which is lack of storage and scheduling actually become positives if you're PRODUCING and STORING some quantity that is valuable.

well yes, the short version would be true sine inversion.

when they introduced that, it was a HUGE battle , because the poco's knew no storage was necessary to net meter

they held it all up in UL for years before it hit the market

~S~

The main NEGATIVES of wind/solar which is lack of storage and scheduling actually become positives if you're PRODUCING and STORING some quantity that is valuable.

well yes, the short version would be true sine inversion.

when they introduced that, it was a HUGE battle , because the poco's knew no storage was necessary to net meter

they held it all up in UL for years before it hit the market

~S~

The "pocos" have no problem with a slapping a NON UL APPROVED smart meter on the side of my house and telling me to "stuff it" when I asked for a safety certification. I doubt that UL was the issue.

Folks who get ripped off turning their home into an energy business are just dupes. I sure HOPE they get something out of it, but it's a really a STATEMENT -- not an investment. Especially if you look at the insurance rates for storm replacement or roof repairs.

Don't get me started on those stupid smart meters Flac, and all i want on my roof is shingles thanks, now those trackers are a whole different trip

~S~

I'm so confused right now.

I'll wager you'll be just as confused if it were explained to you

~S~

Try?
370px-PV_cume_semi_log_chart_2014_estimate.svg.png

global-concentrating-solar-power-market-report.png

3a2427b9-160b-d8a7-5407-b24b559fdf0b

~S~

Those are all nothing but glib "predictions." I could "predict" that unicorns will someday roam the earth and Skittles will spew from their butts, but I'd be wrong too.

What Makes the Green Giant Jolly

But if your sales pitch is slick enough, you'll get a lot of suckers to invest in the idea. Tell them that all the idealistic young people will buy that Trayvon treat only from unicorns.

How about we CHECK RIGHT NOW as to what that 12Gwatt Wind CAPACITY is generating RIGHT NOW THIS MOMENT in UK...
G. B. National Grid status

Update at 10:15PM Central Time -- that MASSIVE 12GWatt wind capacity in the UK went from producing just 1.8GWatt this afternoon to CURRENTLY (drum roll please) :hyper: a ridiculously PUNY output of 0.41 GWatt !!!!

THAT'S why I laugh at people who shove graphs in your face and BRAG about how much "wind" any country has bought. Literally would have been a better investment to take that money and TOSS it into the wind..

Tonight -- with the coal plants shuttered, the moguls of enviro snark in the UK are getting thru the night literally by BURNING GARBAGE and tree waste and PRETENDING they are green.. If you call it "renewable", you can trick folks into having garbage incinerators in their neighborhoods rather than coal plants.

Last edited:
Prof. Fritz Vahrenholt commented at his monthly column at Die kalte Sonne site here on solar activity, CO2 and coal power in Germany.

Fritz Vahrenholts Sonnenkolumne 5/18: Klimaempfindlichkeit gegenüber CO2 und die Kohlekommission | Die kalte Sonne

clip: In China kommen 280 000 MW hinzu in Indien 174 000 MW. Zum Vergleich: die gesamte Braunkohlenflotte Deutschlands hat eine Kapazität von 22 700 MW. 1600 Kohlekraftwerke werden weltweit in 62 Ländern gebaut, die meisten übrigens durch chinesische Kraftwerksbauer und mit Hilfe chinesischer Kredite. So etwa 15 300 MW in Pakistan, 16 000 in Bangladesh, selbst Myanmar 5100 MW. (Quelle : South China Morning Post). Insgesamt wird die Kohlekraftwerkskapazität weltweit um 43 % erweitert.

Translation: In China 280,000 MW and in India 174,000 MW are going to be added. By comparison: the entire brown coal fleet in Germany has a capacity of 22,700 MW. 1600 coal-fired power plants will be built in 62 countries across the world, most of them, by the way, will be built by Chinese power plant builders with the help of credits from China. Approximately 15,300 MW in Pakistan, 16,000 in Bangladesh, and even Myanmar with 5100 MW. (Source: South China Morning Post). In total, coal power plant capacity will expand by 43% worldwide.

An increase of 43% in coal power. You greenies sure know how to kid yourselves. If your idiocy weren't costing me money, it would be laughable.

Anecdotally , my primary heat has been wood / coal for decades

Coal isn't considered renewable ,sustainable , and niether is wood but should be , jmho

Of course, every energy source has it's pro's & cons.....

chinapollution.jpg

Your a liar!

But then that's the leftard way...

http://www.eci.ox.ac.uk/publications/downloads/sinden06-windresource.pdf

Analysis: The impact of La Niña on UK wind power.

Cooling oceans are lowering wind speeds across them... I would tell you to read up on the issues but you must first know how to read technical documents. You have proven yourself ignorant of how these systems work and why they fail...
LOFL
You're not only a Liar you're an IDIOT.

I put up Multi-year stats. The overall and Growing Trend..
You put up a WEATHER ANOMALY "La Nina".

You MORON. A cyclical Weather event does NOT a trend make.
My Stats DO make the trend.

And you're so combative you 12 IQ Clown
`

Last edited:
If you DARE Afak -- Go blow up the chart for the YEARLY Hydro/Pumped/Solar/Bio production results at that UK Real Time Energy dashboard.... Don't know why they don't include wind. Probably too damn embarrassing..
Another Dishonest/Fallacious/BS post.,
The usual False Challenge, a classic Burden Shift, etc.
Resign.
`

Last edited:
Your a liar!

But then that's the leftard way...

http://www.eci.ox.ac.uk/publications/downloads/sinden06-windresource.pdf

Analysis: The impact of La Niña on UK wind power.

Cooling oceans are lowering wind speeds across them... I would tell you to read up on the issues but you must first know how to read technical documents. You have proven yourself ignorant of how these systems work and why they fail...
LOFL
You're not only a Liar you're an IDIOT.

I put up Multi-year stats. The overall and Growing Trend..
You put up a WEATHER ANOMALY "La Nina".

You MORON. A Weather event does NOT a trend make.
My Stats DO make the trend.

And you're so combative you 12 IQ Clown
`
He is an idiot, but he is smart enough to not want to waste trillions on "green energy". So....smarter than you. Low bar, I know.

Another Dishonest/Fallacious/BS post.,
The usual False Challenge, a classic Burden Shift, etc.
Resign.
`

Did ya even look? What is your impression of that AWESOME 12GW investment now that you've actually seen how BADLY it lives up to the CAPACITY ratings?

It's not a FALSE challenge. It's a FUNDAMENTAL "cut through the BS to the ISSUE" challenge. You resign..

It takes an investment of time to UNDERSTAND these issues. Too many people get the politicized "talking points for DUmmies" version of an issue like "alternative power sources". I'm a scientist/engineer. I design things to work reliably and within their specifications. I'm not a used car salesman trying to polish up a flooded car from the Houston hurricane.

Go monitor that massive 12GW investment that you THINK is so wonderful. I've given you the tool to do so. Let me know when it EVER produces even 50% of 12GW. It will be for a couple hours about 9 days of the year. I've seen the analysis.. And the day following, the UK will be BACK to burning garbage in incinerators and calling it "cleaner than coal"...

Did ya even look? What is your impression of that AWESOME 12GW investment now that you've actually seen how BADLY it lives up to the CAPACITY ratings?
No, as I said, I'm smarter than you and didn't take the deflective Anecdote/BAIT.
(only wind in one country, instead of THE topic: Global Wind and Solar)

The OP and subsequent posts remain true despite your fallacious BS and new red herring.
Really, you're used to the usual 90 IQ clowns here, not those of us 50 points higher/smarter than you.
`

Last edited:
No, as I said, I'm smarter than you and didn't take the deflective Anecdote/BAIT.

The OP and subsequent posts remain true despite your fallacious BS and new red herring.
Really, you're used to the usual 90 IQ clowns here, not those of us 50 points higher/smarter than you.
`

Were you not entirely brain dead you could go to the site and monitor it for a whole year. Then you would see just how pathetic wind power is. I have a suggestion for you. Remove your home from the grid and go full on wind. Let us know how that works out for you. I am truly curious.

`

Guess you only look at the pre processed, heavily biased information provided to you by your handlers. The fact is that wind and solar are losers and result in more fossil fuel use...not less.

Have fossil fuels been substituted by renewables? An empirical assessment for 10 European countries - ScienceDirect

The installed capacity of wind power preserves fossil fuel dependency. … Electricity consumption intensity and its peaks have been satisfied by burning fossil fuels. … [A]s RES [renewable energy sources] increases, the expected decreasing tendency in the installed capacity of electricity generation from fossil fuels, has not been found. Despite the high share of RES in the electricity mix, RES, namely wind power and solar PV, are characterised by intermittent electricity generation. … The inability of RES-I [intermittent renewable energy sources like wind and solar] to satisfy high fluctuations in electricity consumption on its own constitutes one of the main obstacles to the deployment of renewables. This incapacity is due to both the intermittency of natural resource availability, and the difficulty or even impossibility of storing electricity on a large scale, to defer generation. As a consequence, RES [renewable energy sources] might not fully replace fossil sources.”

The literature proves the existence of a unidirectional causality running from RES [renewable energy sources] to NRES [non-renewable energy sources] (Almulali et al., 2014; Dogan, 2015; Salim et al., 2014). This unidirectional causality proves the need for countries to maintain or increase their installed capacity of fossil fuel generation, because of the characteristics of RES [renewable energy sources] production.”

Were you not entirely brain dead you could go to the site and monitor it for a whole year. Then you would see just how pathetic wind power is. I have a suggestion for you. Remove your home from the grid and go full on wind. Let us know how that works out for you. I am truly curious.
Oh look!
The board's highest ranking MORON.

"A whole year", is hardly long enough. It's WEATHER. (even 2++ years could be nino/nina or other cycle)
and in ONE country that's probably 1% of the Globe.
Compared to my OP: Global Stats.

Now go back into the dugout, you weren't called dip****.
Your team needs someone more capable, not less.
`

`

You're insufferable. I showed you the GLOBAL investment market in wind and solar and I showed you WIND output production numbers from Australia, Denmark and the UK.. Are you not absorbing this massive gap in your knowledge about the unpredictable and sketchy performance of these alternatives? Did I SHOCK you? Or do have an explanation for the piss poor ACTUAL performance of these "massive" wind capacities you're quoting and touting.

Seriously.. Did you think that wind was EVER an alternate to a nat gas or hydro or nuclear plant?

Oh look!
The board's highest ranking MORON.

"A whole year", is hardly long enough. It's WEATHER. (even 2++ years could be nino/nina or other cycle)
and in ONE country that's probably 1% of the Globe.
Compared to my OP: Global Stats.

Now go back into the dugout, you weren't called dip****.
Your team needs someone more capable, not less.
`

I see you talking a lot...but I don't see you providing any evidence to support your claims.

Forum List

Back