Global government strikes down country-of-origin labeling

I think the operative word everyone is missing here is "mandatory." The law required the information be place on packaging. This requirement was largely opposed by American industry. The law was nothing more than a political favor for a few choice ranchers in Montana, who hoped that the labeling would give them a boost to their bottom line from patriotic purchases.

Note that nothing in all of this prohibits meet being packaged with country of origin labeling. If companies want to have their beef labeled as "born, raised, and slaughtered in the USA" they can still do so. Now, they have the option to decide for themselves.

Bingo!

Nothing on the planet prevented any US beef, pork or chicken producer from labeling their product "I grew it, I killed it, all American for your BBQ or oven for your plate".

Nothing on the planet prevented any US beef, pork or chicken producer from labeling their product "I grew it, I killed it, all American for your BBQ or oven for your plate".

Are you sure....maybe thats coming.....

regardless......the number of companies doing it is miniscule......i want it mandated.......thats not to much to ask for something so tied to our health.

The Japan complaint doesnt bode well considering the US allows 12 times the radiation in seafood than Japan does itself......I want that shit labeled.

Forum List

Back