Global Cooling...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
News of shocking death toll and whole regions shut off from the rest of the world by snow and closed roads and railways have dominated headlines from Eastern Europe in recent days. But even as officials struggle to respond to extreme temperatures, many people are forging ahead with daily life, fortified by years of experience and hot drinks.

Temperatures have hit 100-year lows in some parts of the region, nearing minus-25 degrees F., well below the usual level. The death toll across the region now tops 200 – roughly 30 in Poland, 22 in Romania, at least 10 in Bulgaria, and more than 160 in Ukraine, where many people reportedly froze to death on the streets. In Serbia, almost 12,000 people are said to be isolated, trapped in remote villages and farmsteads.

In Romania, trains and flights have been cancelled, and the border with Bulgaria was temporarily closed due to snow. The situation is serious enough for the government to deploy armored cars to rescue stranded motorists, and for the mayor of Bucharest to call for bakers to lay in stocks of bread in preparation for worsening conditions...

"I don't think I've ever experienced temperatures this cold, but it's almost added to the charm of the trip. But I'm amazed the country doesn't shut down – in England, everything would grind to a halt. Here everyone seems prepared," Mr. Bingham says...

Read More:
Eastern Europeans face record cold snap | Alaska Dispatch

News of shocking death toll and whole regions shut off from the rest of the world by snow and closed roads and railways have dominated headlines from Eastern Europe in recent days. But even as officials struggle to respond to extreme temperatures, many people are forging ahead with daily life, fortified by years of experience and hot drinks.

Temperatures have hit 100-year lows in some parts of the region, nearing minus-25 degrees F., well below the usual level. The death toll across the region now tops 200 – roughly 30 in Poland, 22 in Romania, at least 10 in Bulgaria, and more than 160 in Ukraine, where many people reportedly froze to death on the streets. In Serbia, almost 12,000 people are said to be isolated, trapped in remote villages and farmsteads.

In Romania, trains and flights have been cancelled, and the border with Bulgaria was temporarily closed due to snow. The situation is serious enough for the government to deploy armored cars to rescue stranded motorists, and for the mayor of Bucharest to call for bakers to lay in stocks of bread in preparation for worsening conditions...

"I don't think I've ever experienced temperatures this cold, but it's almost added to the charm of the trip. But I'm amazed the country doesn't shut down – in England, everything would grind to a halt. Here everyone seems prepared," Mr. Bingham says...

Read More:
Eastern Europeans face record cold snap | Alaska Dispatch

All this while the news is reporting that there is no artic air over the lower 48, now I guess we know where the artic air is.

Lets see, first it was the "ozone hole" then it was global warming and then cap & trade. Smells like a scam to me.

Meanwhile in reality...

Giant Crack in Antarctica About to Spawn New York-Size Iceberg

With a gargantuan crack slowly splitting it apart, Antarctica's fastest-melting glacier is about to lose a chunk of ice larger than all of New York City, scientists say.

An ice berg split off from Antarctica? My oh my oh my! I'll bet that has never happened before!

Try reading the links sometime, would you?

Glaciers that flow into the sea, like the Pine Island Glacier, go through a normal cycle in which the floating section grows, stresses mount, and an iceberg breaks off, Scambos said.

"That is nothing unusual in most cases."

But when the pattern deviates, glaciologists take notice. In this case, the crack is forming significantly farther "upstream" than has previously been the case. That "signifies that there are changes in the ice," he said.

When "that point of rifting starts to climb upstream, generally you see some acceleration of the glacier." That means that the ice will flow into the ocean at a faster rate, contributing even more to sea level rise.

Meanwhile in reality...

An ice berg split off from Antarctica? My oh my oh my! I'll bet that has never happened before!

Try reading the links sometime, would you?

Glaciers that flow into the sea, like the Pine Island Glacier, go through a normal cycle in which the floating section grows, stresses mount, and an iceberg breaks off, Scambos said.

"That is nothing unusual in most cases."

But when the pattern deviates, glaciologists take notice. In this case, the crack is forming significantly farther "upstream" than has previously been the case. That "signifies that there are changes in the ice," he said.

When "that point of rifting starts to climb upstream, generally you see some acceleration of the glacier." That means that the ice will flow into the ocean at a faster rate, contributing even more to sea level rise.

Meanwhile, Alaska having the worst winter in 100 years.
Worst Alaska winter piles on more snow - CBS News

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Meanwhile in reality...

Giant Crack in Antarctica About to Spawn New York-Size Iceberg

With a gargantuan crack slowly splitting it apart, Antarctica's fastest-melting glacier is about to lose a chunk of ice larger than all of New York City, scientists say.

I see... over 200 people losing their life from 100 year low temperatures on the European continent isn't "reality" in your world.

Tell us, in what reality are those people dying then? Some kind of Power Rangers fourth dimension that you live in?

In 2003, a European heat wave resulted in over 35,000 deaths.

That's only because those Frenchy retards can't afford air conditioning, dolt.

Furthermore, you have grossly exaggerated the number of deaths.

USATODAY.com - France heat wave death toll set at 14,802

France heat wave death toll set at 14,802

PARIS (AP) — The death toll in France from August's blistering heat wave has reached nearly 15,000, according to a government-commissioned report released Thursday, surpassing a prior tally by more than 3,000.

Scientists at INSERM, the National Institute of Health and Medical Research, deduced the toll by determining that France had experienced 14,802 more deaths than expected for the month of August.

The toll exceeds the prior government count of 11,435, a figure that was based only on deaths in the first two weeks of the month.

The new estimate includes deaths from the second half of August, after the record-breaking temperatures of the first half of the month had abated.

The bulk of the victims — many of them elderly — died during the height of the heat wave, which brought suffocating temperatures of up to 104 degrees in a country where air conditioning is rare. Others apparently were greatly weakened during the peak temperatures but did not die until days later.

Forum List

Back