Glenn Beck (of all people) dismantles the gun control argument

Progressive controlled urban areas... always violent
Well as most the country gets more concealed carry crime is up. In NYC where they have strong gun control crime is down.
New York City Had Record-Low Crime Rate in 2016
Rural areas of the country were most of the firearms are... violent crime is almost non-existent.
People kill people not firearms, most people learn that in grade school

That shooting in TX sounded rural.
That was a rare occurrence.

You couldn’t name a similar incident if your life depended on it.

Suspect identified in mass shooting in rural Missouri

Via Prager University and the Blaze...

Look, I don't care for Beck himself. But I know a well presented argument when I see one. Watch him dissect and dismantle the vaunted liberal gun control arguments point by point below:

Don't be dishonest, watch the video before you spout off. I'm the substitute Santa Claus this year, and I'm watching you like Pennywise in the storm drain!

While I agree with the conclusions for the most part here, Glenn is being intentionally dishonest here in his data (big suprise)

6a00d83451b14d69e2017ee653b568970d-500wi

He starts his data in 1994 because it is the end of a peak. Clear data manipulation. This is why simply stating where the data comes from is pointless. What is required is CONTEXT.

Well as most the country gets more concealed carry crime is up. In NYC where they have strong gun control crime is down.
Rural areas of the country were most of the firearms are... violent crime is almost non-existent.

An incident from 2 years ago involving less than half the number of victims that you found with google doesn’t count.

Look, I don't care for Beck himself. But I know a well presented argument when I see one. Watch him dissect and dismantle the vaunted liberal gun control arguments point by point below:

Don't be dishonest, watch the video before you spout off. I'm the substitute Santa Claus this year, and I'm watching you like Pennywise in the storm drain!

While I agree with the conclusions for the most part here, Glenn is being intentionally dishonest here in his data (big suprise)

He starts his data in 1994 because it is the end of a peak. Clear data manipulation. This is why simply stating where the data comes from is pointless. What is required is CONTEXT.

1994 when we got the Bill Clinton crime bill and gun control.

An incident from 2 years ago involving less than half the number of victims that you found with google doesn’t count.

Gee and what are the restrictions then?

There are no gun control “arguments”, only an irrational fear of guns manifested as suggested policies.

Unless you take into account all the problems countries with gun control don't have. Like mass shootings, road rage shootings, cop killings, cops killing people, toddlers shooting people.... Then it is clear too many guns is a big problem.
Homicide rates and vectors remain unaffected in those nations before and after gun control measures were passed there making those problem not a case of gun control measures but of culture.

There are no gun control “arguments”, only an irrational fear of guns manifested as suggested policies.

Unless you take into account all the problems countries with gun control don't have. Like mass shootings, road rage shootings, cop killings, cops killing people, toddlers shooting people.... Then it is clear too many guns is a big problem.
Homicide rates and vectors remain unaffected in those nations before and after gun control measures were passed there making those problem not a case of gun control measures but of culture.

Those nations put the brakes on guns before they got out of control. Ownership never reached the insane levels we have here.

That ended in 2004 and what did the homicide rate do?

That's right - continued to fall. IOW, the bill did noting at all. Homicide rates are not connected with gun control whatsoever making gun control law pointless.

Those nations put the brakes on guns before they got out of control. Ownership never reached the insane levels we have here.
Irrelevant, it is a hard fact that the homicide rates in those nations continued the same trend lines before and after the gun control measures were passed making them utterly ineffective. Clearly the lower homicide rates have something to do with other factors.

That ended in 2004 and what did the homicide rate do?

That's right - continued to fall. IOW, the bill did noting at all. Homicide rates are not connected with gun control whatsoever making gun control law pointless.

Only some of the gun control was ended in 2004. We did gain background checks which are still used today.

Irrelevant, it is a hard fact that the homicide rates in those nations continued the same trend lines before and after the gun control measures were passed making them utterly ineffective. Clearly the lower homicide rates have something to do with other factors.

Clearly there are other factors. But the gun control stopped the crimes from rising. Look at how few of mass killings they have compared to us. Look at how few of police are killed in those countries. Gun control works. Right now our crime rates are rising from all the unrest due to guns. Our police shoot a lot of people, that doesn't happen in countries with gun control. But since our police are also shot often it happens here a lot. Now we have lots of unrest due to these shootings and an increasing crime rate. The primary cause is too many guns.

You’re way off, you can’t lump in suicides with homicides... that’s lying

2017 Real Time Death Statistics in America

That is murders. From the FBI.
The US murder rate was up again—and Chicago had a lot to do with it

Na, very near Austin and Huston

Clearly there are other factors. But the gun control stopped the crimes from rising. Look at how few of mass killings they have compared to us. Look at how few of police are killed in those countries. Gun control works. Right now our crime rates are rising from all the unrest due to guns. Our police shoot a lot of people, that doesn't happen in countries with gun control. But since our police are also shot often it happens here a lot. Now we have lots of unrest due to these shootings and an increasing crime rate. The primary cause is too many guns.
Again, compare those stats to BEFORE the laws were passed and you have a point. Compare them to our stats and it is pointless - you are not controlling for other factors.

Facts, gun grabbers don't need no facts. LOL Day gots dare feelings.

Progressives were one SCOTUS vote away from eliminating the Second Anendment.

Gorsuch would have joined the 4 other Progressive Fascists in deciding that there really was no individual right to bear arms.

Again, compare those stats to BEFORE the laws were passed and you have a point. Compare them to our stats and it is pointless - you are not controlling for other factors.

They never got to the extreme levels of ownership we have. They cut the problem off before it got too bad. Mass shootings is the obvious one as they are very rare in countries with gun control, but happen regularly here. You must believe policing effects crime. Well look at how many cops are killed each year, over 50. Countries with gun control are in the single digits. Those are cops taken off the street. And if 50 are killed there are many more taken off the street with injury. Now throw in all the people shot by police, those officers are always taken off the street for an investigation. Our policing is hurt because of our extreme levels of gun ownership. And also we obviously have much more armed criminals, a gun is empowering. Our criminals get that gun courage just like the legal gun owners. They are committing crimes they might not otherwise have to the courage for because guns are readily available. Look at our stats after the Bill Clinton crime bill and gun control, crime dropped dramatically. We also got background checks and crime remained lower. Now it is increasing with all the unrest caused by too many guns.

lol, you want us to waste bandwidth watching a video we know will be stupid?

Forum List

Back