Glenn Beck (of all people) dismantles the gun control argument

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Via Prager University and the Blaze...

Look, I don't care for Beck himself. But I know a well presented argument when I see one. Watch him dissect and dismantle the vaunted liberal gun control arguments point by point below:

Don't be dishonest, watch the video before you spout off. I'm the substitute Santa Claus this year, and I'm watching you like Pennywise in the storm drain!

Look, I don't care for Beck himself. But I know a well presented argument when I see one. Watch him dissect and dismantle the vaunted liberal gun control arguments point by point below:

Don't be dishonest, watch the video before you spout off. I'm the substitute Santa Claus this year, and I'm watching you like Pennywise in the storm drain!

So I watched the entire thing. -
-First argument: more guns bring more crime.
Beck here first has to establish that liberals equate more guns to more crime, something he fails to do. More importantly he tries to establish that although the amount of guns per capita rose the murder rate went down, as a prove that the argument is bogus. Most gun owners have more then one gun and quite a few have substantially more so per capita doesn't necessarily mean that more people own guns but can just as easily be explained that those people who like guns expanded there arsenal. So although I won't contest the numbers using a single stat as a prove of something can be terribly misleading. I also want to point out that the gun fatalities in the US are insanely high even now the murder rate went down.Three percent of the population own half of the civilian guns in the US
-Second argument: It's all the NRA's fault.
In your clip I see no clear argument against that statement.
-Third argument: Assault weapons should be banned.
Here he tries a few different arguments. First he tries to equate military style carbines with high muzzle velocity, large capacity clips to handguns. Handguns even semi automatic ones don't have the same range nor accuracy, or killing potential. Then he tries to make an appeal to emotions by stating that six shooters won't be able to protect is daughter from rape. How is the speed of loading is crucial to preventing it? Or you have your gun loaded or it is useless to begin with. The third argument is that computers can print weapons so banning it is useless. How many people you know have a 3-d printer laying around?
-Fourth argument: Gun control has worked in different countries.
Again no counter argument was presented.
Can you please explain how Beck dismantled the gun control advocates arguments again?

Last edited:

So I watched the entire thing. -
-First argument: more guns bring more crime.
Beck here first has to establish that liberals equate more guns to more crime, something he fails to do. More importantly he tries to establish that although the amount of guns per capita rose the murder rate went down, as a prove that the argument is bogus. Most gun owners have more then one gun and quite a few have substantially more so per capita doesn't necessarily mean that more people own guns but can just as easily be explained that those people who like guns expanded there arsenal. So although I won't contest the numbers using a single stat as a prove of something can be terribly misleading. I also want to point out that the gun fatalities in the US are insanely high even now the murder rate went down.Three percent of the population own half of the civilian guns in the US
-Second argument: It's all the NRA's fault.
In your clip I see no clear argument against that statement.
-Third argument: Assault weapons should be banned.
Here he tries a few different arguments. First he tries to equate military style carbines with high muzzle velocity, large capacity clips to handguns. Handguns even semi automatic ones don't have the same range nor accuracy, or killing potential. Then he tries to make an appeal to emotions by stating that six shooters won't be able to protect is daughter from rape. How is the speed of loading is crucial to preventing it? Or you have your gun loaded or it is useless to begin with. The third argument is that computers can print weapons so banning it is useless. How many people you know have a 3-d printer laying around?
-Fourth argument: Gun control has worked in different countries.
Again no counter argument was presented.
Can you please explain how Beck dismantled the gun control advocates arguments again?

Can't help someone who has preconceived biases coming in. You essentially asserted that mass shootings are the NRA's fault without presenting your own case. This basically invalidates your entire premise.

Last edited:
There are no gun control “arguments”, only an irrational fear of guns manifested as suggested policies.

There are no gun control “arguments”, only an irrational fear of guns manifested as suggested policies.

Unless you take into account all the problems countries with gun control don't have. Like mass shootings, road rage shootings, cop killings, cops killing people, toddlers shooting people.... Then it is clear too many guns is a big problem.

Unless you take into account all the problems countries with gun control don't have. Like mass shootings, road rage shootings, cop killings, cops killing people, toddlers shooting people.... Then it is clear too many guns is a big problem.
Countries with gun control have mass slavery, mass rape, mass terrorism etc.

Really? Which ones are those? Germany? Australia? UK? Denmark? Japan? You are pretty silly.

Oh? So these poor people aren't really dead?

You're really stupid aren't you...

Horrifying details of the Bataclan Theatre massacre revealed

http://nypost.com/2016/07/15/horrifying-details-of-the-bataclan-theatre-massacre-revealed/

Really? Which ones are those? Germany? Australia? UK? Denmark? Japan? You are pretty silly.
All but Japan.

Japan’s homogeneity and it’s isolated status as an island prevents those things from becoming a problem.

Europe is in shambles, and Australia is quickly catching up.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/15/horrifying-details-of-the-bataclan-theatre-massacre-revealed/

Yes done by a group of international terrorists. And how many mass killings to they have compared to us? When was their last mass killing? We just had another one this week.

All but Japan.

Japan’s homogeneity and it’s isolated status as an island prevents those things from becoming a problem.

So by shambles you mean they have much lower crime rates than us. Yeah that sounds aweful.

Yes done by a group of international terrorists. And how many mass killings to they have compared to us? When was their last mass killing? We just had another one this week.

Who were able to transport their guns across and ocean and an entire continent where they are illegal. OOOOOOOPS!

All but Japan.

So by shambles you mean they have much lower crime rates than us. Yeah that sounds aweful.
They have higher crime rates when you consider that the US has thousands of run down ghettos that are flowing with crime, while European cities are supposed to be tourist attractions.

Who were able to transport their guns across and ocean and an entire continent where they are illegal. OOOOOOOPS!

Yes it required great planning and a whole group of international terrorists. Here it just takes one angry asshole.

And how many mass killings to they have compared to us? When was their last mass killing? We just had another one this week.

Forum List

Back