Glenn Beck losing corporate sponsors

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Glenn Beck, controversial News personality, is losing advertising dollars for his program airing on the Fox News Channel. Corporate sponsors have been distancing themselves from Beck, fearing backlash for being associated with Beck's crazed and dangerous rantings and ravings. Recently Beck called President Obama a racist, just one of many utterances which has outraged his critics and worried his supporters.

Beck is known for his on air hysterics, his crying and manic gesticulations have become infamous. What is unclear is whether Beck is seriously mentally ill, or merely pandering in some gross and obnoxious fashion to the lowest, most base segment of American society. Perhaps it is both.

Regardless, GEICO is the latest corporate sponsor refusing to be associated with Beck. GEICO joins Lawyers.com, Procter & Gamble, Progressive Insurance, Men’s Wearhouse, State Farm, Sargento and SC Johnson in boycotting the Glenn Beck Show.

I guess hate television/radio ISN'T where the money is?
All I can say is it couldn't happen to a more deserving tool!
:clap2:

http://community2.myfoxdfw.com/_Glenn-Beck-losing-advertising-dollars/BLOG/509534/78592.html

Last edited:
Glenn Beck, controversial News personality, is losing advertising dollars for his program airing on the Fox News Channel. Corporate sponsors have been distancing themselves from Beck, fearing backlash for being associated with Beck's crazed and dangerous rantings and ravings. Recently Beck called President Obama a racist, just one of many utterances which has outraged his critics and worried his supporters.

Beck is known for his on air hysterics, his crying and manic gesticulations have become infamous. What is unclear is whether Beck is seriously mentally ill, or merely pandering in some gross and obnoxious fashion to the lowest, most base segment of American society. Perhaps it is both.

Regardless, GEICO is the latest corporate sponsor refusing to be associated with Beck. GEICO joins Lawyers.com, Procter & Gamble, Progressive Insurance, Men’s Wearhouse, State Farm, Sargento and SC Johnson in boycotting the Glenn Beck Show.

you need to link this or it will be taken down.
thanks

thanks

Done. It sure would be nice if the moderators would apply these "rules" across the board, rather than ONLY on those threads that make Faux News and the cons look bad.

thanks

Done. It sure would be nice if the moderators would apply these "rules" across the board, rather than ONLY on those threads that make Faux News and the cons look bad.

we do apply them across the board.
it sure would be nice if people a) read and adhered to the rules and b) used the report function if they see something that is not in compliance. thanks.

Glenn Beck losing advertising dollars - myFOX DFW Community Blog post - KDFW FOX 4 viewer submitted news, photos, video and more.

ROFLMNAO... WOW!

The 'source' is a message board crank, whose blogging on a local Dallas FOX affiliate ... which does explain the reticence to post the link.

But hey, that's par for the Leftist course... their ONLY means to support anything they 'feel' is to SOURCE THEMSELVES...

But hey... That's idiots for ya.

The great thing about capitalism is people are free who they choose to do business with. Beck has one of the highest ad cards in the business... He may be a LOT of things, but short of sponsors is not one of them...

Now if there were actually some substantive evidence that those companies were refusing to be associated with Becks ideas, I'd personally boycott those anti-American companies, as I boycott the three network news broadcasts and all Leftist cable news channels; and any broadcasts wherein the BOY King is speaking.

But on the whole, an opinion which is based solely upon ANOTHER opinion, of one local crank, on a local blog is as PRECIOUS as it is HYSTERICAL!

Last edited:
ROFLMNAO... WOW!

The 'source' is a message board crank, whose blogging on a local Dallas FOX affiliate ... which does explain the reticence to post the link.

But hey, that's par for the Leftist course... their ONLY means to support anything they 'feel' is to SOURCE THEMSELVES...

But hey... That's idiots for ya.

The great thing about capitalism is people are free who they choose to do business with. Beck has one of the highest ad cards in the business... He may be a LOT of things, but short of sponsors is not one of them...

Now if there were actually some substantive evidence that those companies were refusing to be associated with Becks ideas, I'd personally boycott those anti-American companies, as I boycott the three network news broadcasts and all Leftist cable news channels; and any broadcasts wherein the BOY King is speaking.

But on the whole, an opinion which is based solely upon ANOTHER opinion, of one local crank, on a local blog is as PRECIOUS as it is HYSTERICAL!

So, I'm sure by now you've seen the evidence. Ready to start boycotting P&G?

It's gonna be pretty hard....

They sure do own a lot of brands, don't they?

You guys just really don't know how this thing called the media works, do ya? Here's an article which, if you read between the lines, will tell you a whole lot:

Advertisers deserting Fox News' Glenn Beck - MarketWatch

Among the advertisers to pull spots from the popular cable talk show are Geico, owned by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway /quotes/comstock/13*!brk.a (BRK .A 101,383, -750.00, -0.73%) /quotes/comstock/13*!brk.b (BRK .B 3,315, -40.00, -1.19%) ; Procter & Gamble /quotes/comstock/13*!pg/quotes/nls/pg (PG 51.95, -0.35, -0.67%) ; Sargento Cheese; and Progressive Insurance /quotes/comstock/13*!pgr/quotes/nls/pgr (PGR 16.26, -0.17, -1.04%) , according to the companies and Color of Change, one group that is organizing a campaign against the program.

Beck, who made the remarks during another Fox News program late last month, is among the network's biggest draws, pulling in an average of about 2 million viewers.

OK, so advertisers are pulling from his daypart. Seems that this could be bad news for Beck the bobblehead....but wait....there's more...

Geico didn't respond to a request for comment but sent Color of Change an email saying it had "instructed its ad-buying service to redistribute its inventory of rotational spots on [Fox] to their other network programs, exclusive of the Glenn Beck program."

Privately held Sargento told its media buyer not to put any of its ads in Beck's show, said a spokeswoman.

For its part, Fox News said through a spokeswoman that while some advertisers have "removed their spots from Beck," they have just shifted to "other programs on the network, so there has been no revenue lost."

Ouch. So while advertisers are leaving Beck, they aren't leaving FNC. But that surely means that FNC will drop Beck the bobblehead, right? Wrong. Let me repeat something from the first quote:

Beck... is among the network's biggest draws, pulling in an average of about 2 million viewers.

So Fox doesn't lose money and Beck still attracts a metric ass-ton of views. Do ya really think that Fox is going to dump Beck? Hell no. And what is even dumber, this petition to boycott Beck just makes his audience EVEN LARGER, since more people want to tune in to see what the controversy is.

You want someone off the air? Just stop watching. The minute you have press put out about any sort of organized boycott of the show, you will have the opposite effect intended. You will cause the show to have a larger audience.

Beck the butthole bobblehead is laughing at you guys for keeping his career going.

a side note yank - I was surprised to see a moderator ask for a link on this one. It is certainly not nearly as bad as many claims I see go unchallenged by the moderators. Afterall, the defections of Beck's sponsors is certainly no secret. It's been widely reported.

Maybe someone "reported" your thread (does Glenn Beck visit these sites?) and that's why they showed up.

You want someone off the air? Just stop watching. The minute you have press put out about any sort of organized boycott of the show, you will have the opposite effect intended. You will cause the show to have a larger audience.
Tell that to Don Imus

a side note yank - I was surprised to see a moderator ask for a link on this one. It is certainly not nearly as bad as many claims I see go unchallenged by the moderators. Afterall, the defections of Beck's sponsors is certainly no secret. It's been widely reported.

Maybe someone "reported" your thread (does Glenn Beck visit these sites?) and that's why they showed up.

I'm not. He was quoting something that no one had the ability to see. That's annoying at best, at worst disingenuous.

you can *claim* anything you want, but if you *quote* an article, board rules are that you must provide a link.hard as it may be to believe, no one has the time to read the 2500+ posts of deathless prose that are posted here daily so inevitably some violations fall through the cracks. if you see a post that is in violation you can report it using the report function.
or not.

Well, based on the banners on this site, I would have to guess that it is controlled by AN arm of the GOP. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that a "moderator" of this site not only made me provide a link, but then pushed it off the "politics discussion" board altogether.

Well, based on the banners on this site, I would have to guess that it is controlled by AN arm of the GOP. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that a "moderator" of this site not only made me provide a link, but then pushed it off the "politics discussion" board altogether.

yeah, only a complete right wingnut would have moved a discussion about the media into a *gasp* media subforum.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back