Glenn Beck keeps losing advertisers

I turn to him sometimes to see what he has on his chalkboard today. Usually it is the same cast of characters who are all in cahoots to bring down his imaginary America. Last evening he had Dinesh D'Souza on with all these charts and connections and implications it would make a sane person's head spin, but not Beck. So it prompted me to write the Beckian method of understanding history which I will post next.

Thanks for the heads up. I won't bother reading it.... I'm sure it will lack any semblance of critical thought and will be just another 'Beck is bad' whine. Good to know in advance so I won't waste any of my life on it.

The Free Market May Part Glenn Beck From Fox News

By John Aloysius Farrell

Posted: September 30, 2010

The top story from next Sunday's edition of the New York Times Magazine was published yesterday, as it was Wednesday. (Go figure.) It's a revealing profile of Glenn Beck by Mark Leibovich. And it contains bad news for conservatives, who may have to make a choice between Beck and their favorite network, Fox News, which apparently is not happy with the poster child of malcontent.

Good capitalists that they are, the Fox boardroom types are grousing about what Madison Ave. and Hollywood could have told them--there's not a lot of ad revenue to be had scaring old folks into buying reverse mortgages and gold coins. It seems that those who gnaw on their grievances and prepare for Armageddon
are not good, patriotic American consumers. The market is speaking. And what it speaketh is not good news for Glenn. He surely has an audience, but advertisers don't lust for grouchy codgers and sour stay-at-homers with cramped dreams and wallets

The Free Market May Part Glenn Beck From Fox News - John A. Farrell (usnews.com)

Maybe they'll replace him with Christine O'Donnell, after November...

I turn to him sometimes to see what he has on his chalkboard today. Usually it is the same cast of characters who are all in cahoots to bring down his imaginary America. Last evening he had Dinesh D'Souza on with all these charts and connections and implications it would make a sane person's head spin, but not Beck. So it prompted me to write the Beckian method of understanding history which I will post next.

Thanks for the heads up. I won't bother reading it.... I'm sure it will lack any semblance of critical thought and will be just another 'Beck is bad' whine. Good to know in advance so I won't waste any of my life on it.

With the amount you post on this site, I think you have plenty of time to spare.

*yawn*

Funny, his rating are through the roof.

I CALL BULLSHIT, HORSESHIT, FLYSHIT, CRABSHIT, FISHSHIT, & YOURSHIT.

Anything to try to derail the train that is going to run RIGHT over you stupid libz.

So, have fun while you can. :lol:

With the amount you post on this site, I think you have plenty of time to spare.

She claims to get all her information by her own research of unbiased sources, and yet,

she won't tell us what those sources are.

She claims to get all her information by her own research of unbiased sources, and yet,

There would be no point. You can't access them.... because they are not 'open' sources. They are journalistic sources - ie, the same places that journalists get information from which they write their bullshit.

When you do the math, she has posted here nearly 40 times a day EVERY day, 7 days a week including holidays for a year straight without a break.

It's obvious where she gets her information from. The unbiased, well informed crowd on this site.

*yawn*

Funny, his rating are through the roof.

I CALL BULLSHIT, HORSESHIT, FLYSHIT, CRABSHIT, FISHSHIT, & YOURSHIT.

Anything to try to derail the train that is going to run RIGHT over you stupid libz.

So, have fun while you can. :lol:

I call donkeyshit.. donkey shit donkeyshit.

:lol:

This thread is a joke, right?

Show me the proof.

Not Huff Po, not Kos, not a leftwing moonbat blog.

Show me the numbers!

The revenue numbers.

Without that you're just blowing smoke up each others asses.

When I google "advertising renenues 'Glenn Beck'" all there is is a leftwing kook circle-jerk.

Where are the numbers?

Put up or shut up.

Missouri is the Show-Me State.

So SHOW ME.

Last edited:
:lol:

This thread is a joke, right?

Show me the proof.

Not Huff Po, not Kos, not a leftwing moonbat blog.

Show me the numbers!

The revenue numbers.

Without that you're just blowing smoke up each others asses.

When I google "advertising renenues 'Glenn Beck'" all there is is a leftwing kook circle-jerk.

Where are the numbers?

Put up or shut up.

Missouri is the Show-Me State.

So SHOW ME.

You need to touch up your google skills.

NEW YORK (Nielsen Business Media) - Some of the nation's biggest advertisers are distancing themselves from Fox News host Glenn Beck after he called President Obama a racist during a July 28 broadcast.

Geico has pulled its ads from Fox News Channel's "The Glenn Beck Program." Lawyers.com, which is owned by LexisNexis, also has vowed not to advertise during the program, according to Color of Change, an African-American online political organization that has been urging advertisers to stop supporting the show.

Additionally, Procter & Gamble, Progressive Insurance and SC Johnson all said their ad placements during the broadcast were made in error and that they would correct the mistake.

Fox News' Glenn Beck loses advertisers | Reuters

NEW YORK (Nielsen Business Media) - Some of the nation's biggest advertisers are distancing themselves from Fox News host Glenn Beck after he called President Obama a racist during a July 28 broadcast.

Geico has pulled its ads from Fox News Channel's "The Glenn Beck Program." Lawyers.com, which is owned by LexisNexis, also has vowed not to advertise during the program, according to Color of Change, an African-American online political organization that has been urging advertisers to stop supporting the show.

Additionally, Procter & Gamble, Progressive Insurance and SC Johnson all said their ad placements during the broadcast were made in error and that they would correct the mistake.

Fox News' Glenn Beck loses advertisers | Reuters

So what?

Other advertisers took their places...there sure aren't less commercials.

Where are the NUMBERS Google-Master?

Hate to break it to you, but it's been well over a year since that news article came out and Glenn is stronger than ever.

Try again...

"His show now averages two million viewers, down from a high of 2.8 million in 2009, according to the Nielsen Ratings. And as of Sept. 21, 296 advertisers have asked that their commercials not be shown on Beck’s show (up from 26 in August 2009)."

Fox News Channel dropped 19 percent in Q3, with an average nightly delivery of 1.84 million viewers. In the core demo, FNC fell 24 percent in prime, averaging 448,000 adults 25-54.

USA Takes 3Q in Demos, Viewers

The top story from next Sunday's edition of the New York Times Magazine was published yesterday, as it was Wednesday. (Go figure.) It's a revealing profile of Glenn Beck by Mark Leibovich. And it contains bad news for conservatives, who may have to make a choice between Beck and their favorite network, Fox News, which apparently is not happy with the poster child of malcontent.

Good capitalists that they are, the Fox boardroom types are grousing about what Madison Ave. and Hollywood could have told them--there's not a lot of ad revenue to be had scaring old folks into buying reverse mortgages and gold coins. It seems that those who gnaw on their grievances and prepare for Armageddon are not good, patriotic American consumers. The market is speaking. And what it speaketh is not good news for Glenn. He surely has an audience, but advertisers don't lust for grouchy codgers and sour stay-at-homers with cramped dreams and wallets.

The Free Market May Part Glenn Beck From Fox News - John A. Farrell (usnews.com)

Fox News Channel dropped 19 percent in Q3, with an average nightly delivery of 1.84 million viewers. In the core demo, FNC fell 24 percent in prime, averaging 448,000 adults 25-54.

First, your link doesn't work.

Second, again, this has nothing to do with advertising revenue numbers.

In other words, the premise of this thread is bullcrap.

Got the numbers? Then post them.

I'm sure you don't have them, or you would have posted them by now.

So now we sit back while you spam the thread with 20 post that do absolutely nothing to supporting your OP.

That's the Chris/Kirk Modus Operandi.

If you've got no numbers to support your assertion then I'm sorry, thanks for playing, game over.

Last edited:

First, your link doesn't work.

Second, again, this has nothing to do with advertising revenue numbers.

In other words, the premise of this thread is bullcrap.

Got the numbers? Then post them.

I'm sure you don't have them, or you would have posted them by now.

So now we sit back while you spam the thread with 20 post that have absolutely nothing supporting your OP.

Thanks for playing, game over.

Have you been drinking?

Forum List

Back