Glenn Beck: I Have 15 Threats Against Me

Glenn Beck: I Have 15 Threats Against Me
Monday, 17 Jan 2011 03:07 PM Article Font Size

Glenn Beck has about 15 threats against his life being investigated at any one time, the popular TV and radio host told Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly.

What does that say about Beck??
In a wide-ranging discussion about the allegations of violent rhetoric that have been lobbed against conservatives in the wake of the Gabrielle Giffords assassination attempt in Tucson, Beck told O’Reilly he’s constantly dealing with threats because of his political views.

Because of his lies, hate speech and incite to violence and racism.

“The only thing that could be worse would be actual violence,” Beck said. “I don’t know about you, but I have about 15 operating threats on me at any one time.” How many more democrats has to be killed?
O’Reilly replied, “You have security and so do I.”

Read more on Newsmax.com:
http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/glen ... ode=B7B9-1

So, you're saying MLK "asked for it"?

What an utterly stupid premise this is.

More tolerance from the left.. you guys are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo full-of-shit.

Great post frazzledgear. The violence and anti-freedom beliefs of the left is simply appalling. It’s great to see people like Glenn Beck stand fearless in the face of their criminal antics and to peacefully just keep speaking the truth.

The left really are like children (most – not all). They want to spend money recklessly like a child in a toy store and conservatives have to be the adults in the room and tell them “no” over and over. They want to throw rocks and get violent when they don’t get what they want. They don’t want to hear from anyone that doesn’t agree with them. It takes endless patience to deal with them and it’s harder than children because the love of your children creates extra patience that you don't have when dealing with a progressive!

Again...someone seems to be saying I did something I never did...I'm on the Left...why do you lie about me like that?

So you're denouncing the attacks on Beck then?

Absolutely. Unequivacally.

Bodecea - you're a liberal I could actually talk to! It's nice to see someone on the left denouncing threats/attacks/etc. If you look up and down this thread, you see people saying things such as "what do you expect when you spew hate". Well, first of all, Glenn Beck NEVER spews hate. In fact, if these hateful people would actually watch him before commenting, they would see that he advocates embracing everyone - even those you disagree with. Second, even if he did spew hate, that's not justification for theats or violence against him. Kudos for being a rational, reasonable liberal! There aren't enough of you out there.

So you think if someone takes a shot at Beck, the blame is to be on the left wing media? Whereas you don't think when someone takes a shot at a Democratic representative, the right wing media isn't to blame? Talk about a contradiction.

No, the point was to stop the hateful rhetoric directed towards Beck, or, then just stfu already about civility. Either way, I don't really care which.

That's all we're saying.

Well Beck is a political commentator on the right, and yes a lot of people slag him and stuff-but people do the same to the Chris Matthews of the world. Who came first the chicken or the egg? My point was you have to hold those you disagree with to the same standards with those that you agree with (when it comes to an issue like civility). There's always mud being thrown around-and I don't suspect either side will stop anytime soon.

But by saying if Beck gets shot that it will somewhat be on the liberal's hands is just as ridiculous as say the blood of the people in Arizona is on the conservatives hands. You can't have it both ways. It's either the individual who's solely to blame, or its the individual, along with some other factors. You can't pick and choose. That's my point.

You make a great point - but just an FYI for the purposes of historical accuracy - the blood of the people in Arizona is squarely on the hands of the left. That psycho path Jared Lee Loughner was a LIBERAL. He supported Giffords and attended her townhalls. He was NOT a conservative in any capacity. Kudos on the rest of your post though.

No, the point was to stop the hateful rhetoric directed towards Beck, or, then just stfu already about civility. Either way, I don't really care which.

That's all we're saying.

Well Beck is a political commentator on the right, and yes a lot of people slag him and stuff-but people do the same to the Chris Matthews of the world. Who came first the chicken or the egg? My point was you have to hold those you disagree with to the same standards with those that you agree with (when it comes to an issue like civility). There's always mud being thrown around-and I don't suspect either side will stop anytime soon.

But by saying if Beck gets shot that it will somewhat be on the liberal's hands is just as ridiculous as say the blood of the people in Arizona is on the conservatives hands. You can't have it both ways. It's either the individual who's solely to blame, or its the individual, along with some other factors. You can't pick and choose. That's my point.

You make a great point - but just an FYI for the purposes of historical accuracy - the blood of the people in Arizona is squarely on the hands of the left. That psycho path Jared Lee Loughner was a LIBERAL. He supported Giffords and attended her townhalls. He was NOT a conservative in any capacity. Kudos on the rest of your post though.

Personally, I think he was the poster child on why chronic drug use is a bad thing. He's fucking nuts.

Forum List

Back