GlaxoSmithKline Bigger Gangsters Than BP

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mr Objective, May 26, 2011.

1. Mr Objective

Mr Objective BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I read a story in the NY Times that said GlaxoSmithKline paid a fine of 750 million dollars for 100s of violations in their biggest plant. If I recall correctly they continued producing contaminated and defective drugs for 10 years and sold them to Americans.

A GSK employee reported the problems to her superiors and was fired. She blew the whistle on them.

GSK knowing manufactured and sold dangerous, contaminated and defective drugs that probably killed and injured thousands of Americans. Nobody went to jail.

Your thoughts?

2. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,542
    And cons want to do away with the EPA.

3. bripat9643

bripat9643 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,465
    If that were true, then thousands of multi-million dollar lawsuits would have been filed against the company. It's obvious hooey.

Getting fined only proves that the company violated one of the millions of arcane and impossible government regulations in the federal register. It's probably impossible for any company to comply with them.

4. bripat9643

bripat9643 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,465
    We certainly do. The government might as well have converted the Communist Party into a government agency as created the EPA.

5. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    My thought would be that, if one is going to discuss an article from the NYT, one should link to the article so that others can establish what 'facts' we are supposed to comment on. "If I remember correctly" doesn't quite cut it for most intelligent posters.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1