Give a man a fish or teach a man to fish?

Which is better?

• Give a man a fish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teach a man a fish

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters

Amanda

Calm as a Hindu cow
Nov 28, 2008
Which of these strategies makes more sense?

Give a man a fish or teach a man to fish?

hire theman as an apprentice fisherman. Teach him to fish for 10% of his catch. If he catches no fish, give him a fish and add it to his debt. Once he learns to fish, you each take on a new apprentice and the Fishermans's Union continues to grow. Once large enough, hire thugs to keep anyone out of the union from fishing in the area. Require all members to give 10 percent of their catch as fees for membership and draw the fish you need from that coffer. Never fish again...

you take the 5 fish and 5 loaves of bread and multiply them in to enough fish to feed 5000....not one was taught to fish? ;)

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Obviously it would be better to teach a man how to be self sufficient....this is why I believe states should focus on educating their citizens (children)...including a stronger focus on vocational schools.

We're running out of fish anyway.

Obviously the only solution is teach him to be a banker so he can become a parsite feeding off the few remaining fishermen.

Americans who actually produce anything don't count anymore, except as hosts for the banking class to feed off of.

Working people all considered unskilled losers, remember?

9 trillion for a handful of bankers, 740 billion for the rest of us?

I think it's pretty clear who matters to America's masterclass and it surely isn't fishermen.

Last edited:
o what a feel good question.....give a man a fish or gallantly teach him to fish....let me puke here for a minute....

you do not take into consideration any other varitables?

If you are a liberal you take fish from those that know how and give it to those that do not know how and nuy their votes to stay in power.

There are circimstances where you have to give them a fish before you can teach them to fish...plus you would at least have to give them the fishing rod and bait!? :D the tools to be self sufficient, if they have no means to get them, themselves.

This may be a little off topic, but have any of you seen the ads to buy a goat (or a couple of chickens) for a family overseas.....and that giving them this goat, will bring them to financial freedom, and feed their families?

They don;t want your money, they want a goat...?

Mother's Day

Depends on whether he lives near a body of water with fish in it.

Dumb ASS. It is a saying, Here let me explain it to one of our enlightened ones.

The point is you do not give handouts forever, you TEACH people to make their own food or a trade to get a job.

How helpful is it if you don't live near water, Walter? LMAO and you call *me* a dumb ass!

Yeah, I know what the meaning of the saying is. Teaching folks things is fine, but if there are no jobs and people are starving they need food.

Teach a man to fish who lives where there are no fish and what happens. See if you can figure that one out.

Last edited:
Depends on whether he lives near a body of water with fish in it.

Dumb ASS. It is a saying, Here let me explain it to one of our enlightened ones.

The point is you do not give handouts forever, you TEACH people to make their own food or a trade to get a job.

How helpful is it if you don't live near water, Walter? LMAO and you call *me* a dumb ass!

Yeah, I know what the meaning of the saying is. Teaching folks things is fine, but if there are no jobs and people are starving they need food.

Teach a man to fish who lives where there are no fish and what happens. See if you can figure that one out.

Keep posting ignorant crap like this and prove to us all are fucking STUPID you are.

o what a feel good question.....give a man a fish or gallantly teach him to fish....let me puke here for a minute....

you do not take into consideration any other varitables?
Hell no. We just want the tax revenue! :lol:

But wait, if they don't make 250K a year we may have to subsidize the fuel and cost of maintaining the boat. Bones has a good point; we need more data.

...fucking STUPID ...

Ignored

Forum List

Back