Girl troubles

Why not? I mean what's your reasoning? If you can't talk about your interests with someone, whether they totally understand them or not, then what exactly do you have? Guys talk about cars & guns & stuff. Somehow you don't seem to be the kinda guy that wants to talk the latest fashions, makeup & hairdos.

Semper....
You need to go back and watch the movie Varsity Blues.
The character Tweeter has a very clever outlook on women.
He makes a statement that not only applies to women it applies to men (in highschool of course). I don't suggest you use the drugs on them as Tweeter
suggests in this statement I speak of. The main thing to think about is.

1. Your grades- Man if I only tried in highschool,
I would have gotten a free ride to college.

2. Your goals- Where do you see yourself in 10 years???
I can tell you this..10 years ago when I was a freshman I NEVER thought I would serve in the military or be married with a child by now in Colorado.

You still have some time to change who you are and what you want, you have
power that every old crusty fart (including myself) would die for. You have the power to shape your future EXACTLY the way you want it!!! Keep this power
above all and you shall rise above all of your own expectations.
Love can wait my friend! Do you want to be tied down this early? Trust me...
I makes a HUGE difference on your future to be responsable for someone else.
Just keep your head in the game and become the next Bill Gates!!!

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Semper....
You need to go back and watch the movie Varsity Blues.
The character Tweeter has a very clever outlook on women.
He makes a statement that not only applies to women it applies to men (in highschool of course). I don't suggest you use the drugs on them as Tweeter
suggests in this statement I speak of. The main thing to think about is.

1. Your grades- Man if I only tried in highschool,
I would have gotten a free ride to college.

2. Your goals- Where do you see yourself in 10 years???
I can tell you this..10 years ago when I was a freshman I NEVER thought I would serve in the military or be married with a child by now in Colorado.

You still have some time to change who you are and what you want, you have
power that every old crusty fart (including myself) would die for. You have the power to shape your future EXACTLY the way you want it!!! Keep this power
above all and you shall rise above all of your own expectations.
Love can wait my friend! Do you want to be tied down this early? Trust me...
I makes a HUGE difference on your future to be responsable for someone else.
Just keep your head in the game and become the next Bill Gates!!!

Grades, I'm taking some hard Honors classes, and even a sophomore class. I've always had As and Bs, except in science but the teacher was British so, yeah.

Goals? Ten years from now I see myself as an officer in the fine Marine Corps. I have no doubt that this will fall from my grasp of my dreams and goals, I honestly cant see myself doing anything else.

I know love can wait, trust me, I'm not looking to enter something I wont get out of till she dies, I just want to have some fun. And I want a girlfriend, you know? Just the nature of the beast.

J/C
Any reason why you are so set on being a Marine Officer???
Nothing bad about it, I would just keep other options open.
Some of the other branches have the same credability, yet better career fields
and better training. Now that you have a 10 year goal...look at a 20.
A few more questions if you don't mind:

1. Are you going to retire in the corp? (you know you don't get a whole lot of
money when you retire in the military)

2. What do you want to do in the military??? (I don't know how the other branches
do, but in the Army as an officer, you don't get to pick your career field, they put you where they need you. I WOULD CHECK INTO THIS!!!!!!)

3. What do you want to do after the military? (this has a HUGE effect on what
career field you choose in the military)

I don't want to insult your intelligence but if you would like, I can PM you with my e mail address and we can chat about this some more. I understand if my
questions are not welcome, I also know how to make the military work for
any smart young man who is looking to get ahead in the world!!!
TRUST ME...THERE IS A WAY TO DO IT!

Semper Fi said:
Everyone is telling me to be myself. I've been doing that since about 4th grade, before that I didnt know who the hell I was. I always hated the posers who are good people, but skate and hang wit duh yo's to be cool. Nah, I'll wear what I want to wear, say what I want to say, and stick by my friends.

For what it's worth, I'd bet you 'aren't yourself' yet. Most Young men don't find out who they REALLY are until they are old.

(sigh).

You'll find a woman when you stop looking. Trust me. A 'good' woman will come into your life like an earthquake.

Semper Fi said:
I dont get, I dont get it, I dont get it!

Guys and Gals alike, any advice?

All understanding begins with the realization that women are fundamentally insane. So when they do inexplicable things, just take it in stride.

Pretend to pay attention, noding or grumbling an affirmative now and again. They don't like to be ignored. You have to stay on your toes though. Learn to listen without listening. It takes practice.

That's all I got for ya.

Zhukov Learn to listen without listening. It takes practice.[/QUOTE said:
Musicman tell people 'sincerity' is the key. And once you learn to fake that, you've got it made!

You gentlemen ( & I use that term loosely) realize that Semper Fi is just 14? If you guys don't mess his mind up too badly, he might turn out to be the man, like the kind of kid he is!

Joz said:
Musicman tell people 'sincerity' is the key. And once you learn to fake that, you've got it made!

You gentlemen ( & I use that term loosely) realize that Semper Fi is just 14? If you guys don't mess his mind up too badly, he might turn out to be the man, like the kind of kid he is!

I lost my virginity at 14... I wouldn't call him a kid!!!

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I lost my virginity at 14...

That still doesn't mean 14 isn't a kid.

Do you think at 14 you could have accepted the responsibility of having a baby resulting from sex? Just because you have hormones & desires, doesn't make you a grown up.

My point was, when you men throw in your opinions about women it affects someone who's impressionable. Most of us on the board know what it's like to have sex, get our hearts broken, have bad marriages, etc. Advice is one thing, but our baggage & ill will should not be passed on to someone else.

Excellant point, Joz. I know too many people who ASSUME that because THEY did domething when they were 14 means EVERYONE will. As a result, I now know a lot of kids who either aren't trusted or given a free pass to be stupid.

dilloduck said:
Excellant point, Joz. I know too many people who ASSUME that because THEY did domething when they were 14 means EVERYONE will. As a result, I now know a lot of kids who either aren't trusted or given a free pass to be stupid.

My daughter-in-law works for Hamilton County, Children Services. Daily she deals with parents having to take the responsibility, usually financially, for the baby their 'child' produced.

Guys figure because they were horn dogs that their daughters don't need to date til they're 30. These guys were able to do what they wanted BECAUSE of the girl's behavior. Not all girls are that way. Some actually do have morals.

WOW I think my point flew over some heads here.
I was trying to say that around the age of 14 you a physically and mentally
a man. look at your grandparents or your parents in some cases. At what age
did they start their family??? My grandfather got maried at 15, YOUNG ADULTS
have any and every chance to be responsable, so what makes them choose
not to be??? Maybe it's adults telling them they can't do it!!!

And yes I think I could have dealt with a child at 14.....
The point is that I was responsable enough to make sure I didn't have one!!!!

JOKER96BRAVO said:
WOW I think my point flew over some heads here.
I was trying to say that around the age of 14 you a physically and mentally
a man. look at your grandparents or your parents in some cases. At what age
did they start their family??? My grandfather got maried at 15, YOUNG ADULTS
have any and every chance to be responsable, so what makes them choose
not to be??? Maybe it's adults telling them they can't do it!!!

And yes I think I could have dealt with a child at 14.....
The point is that I was responsable enough to make sure I didn't have one!!!!

at 14 you are only capable of reproducing--that doesnt make you a man physically, mentally or (oh ya that other thing ) emotionally. JMHO

Ya see, that's part of the problem...
Why say "at 14 your are only capable of ect.).
Maybe adults shouldn't be so judgemental about young adults.
14 is a time to shape and mold the rest of your life,
why put a limit on a responsable young adult as to when they
have officially "grown up"???

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Ya see, that's part of the problem...
Why say "at 14 your are only capable of ect.).
Maybe adults shouldn't be so judgemental about young adults.
14 is a time to shape and mold the rest of your life,
why put a limit on a responsable young adult as to when they
have officially "grown up"???

you can't if you are trying to be accurate. People mature at different rates--some never make it. Best you can do is respond to them as thier behavior dictates. Parenting ain't any easier than being a kid.

Duck said:
"Parenting ain't any easier than being a kid"
Agreed..
I would just like to say that for the record I was not
implying that Semper Fi go out and have sex. He does seem to be a
good young adult with a level head, and one can go a long way with
the right ambition. A bad example on my part but the message I am trying
to get to him is.... Don't let any one get in the way of your goals by
telling you you can't or you shouldn't. I understand as a parent myself
that you do have to step in when the child is not responsable, but I don't think
that's the case here.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Duck said:
"Parenting ain't any easier than being a kid"
Agreed..
I would just like to say that for the record I was not
implying that Semper Fi go out and have sex. He does seem to be a
good young adult with a level head, and one can go a long way with
the right ambition. A bad example on my part but the message I am trying
to get to him is.... Don't let any one get in the way of your goals by
telling you you can't or you shouldn't. I understand as a parent myself
that you do have to step in when the child is not responsable, but I don't think
that's the case here.

So, Why didn't you say that in the first place?

Zhukov said:
Yup, that's why I left out some of my more.....mature advice which is undoubtedly completely inappropriate.

And I appreciate that Very much.

Ok...
Joz, I can fend for myself, if people want to have fun and give me BS replies, its ok, I can know whats wrong and right, I just want a bit to guide me, I know whats real and not real. But I do appreciate you and your efforts.

Also, there comes a time, an honest time, where the boy decides he doesnt want to be the kid anymore. It happened to me, its happened to most of my friends. Instead of not doing your homework because its not cool, or you dont want to do it, you do it because you want to learn, you want good grades, you want to be looked at as a man, not a child. Trust me. I remember carrying in groceries about 5 years ago, always go for the snacks, and the lightest load. Now I refuse to not carry as much as the next guy, maybe more. This can happen at 12, 13, 14, 16, ect. Its differant, differant 14 year olds' views are going to be differant.

And as far as sex goes, my stance on sex and having sex literally changes every few minutes, every other day, sometimes withen seconds. I dont have any hands on experience in that area, and when it boils down, I really dont know what will happen. Balancing hormones and sense of righteousness is extremely hard to do, I'd call it impossible.

Now there is some that would jump to any opportunity with any one any time. We call those the future night managers of McDonald's. Enough said.

Forum List

Back