Girl On Fire

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
This is a short original horror story that I wrote within in a roleplay of mine and I thought that I would post it since I thought that it was pretty cool. I hope you enjoy,.. but you might just possibly have to sleep with the lights on tonight hehe. ;)

Prologue:

FA4nORwXIAQumGE.jpg

A group of campers gathered around the campfire. It was pitch black outside except for the glow of the reddish orange flames and the few tiny stars that were up in the sky. A hoot owl made its call in the distance scaring several of the campers. One of the boys began to laugh. "You aren't scared are you?" He questioned them with uncertainty with a rather sly grin.

"Don't be ridiculous Caleb! It's just an owl!" Another boy cried out.

"Yeah, that's right,.. why would anybody be afraid of a bird?" Caleb began questioningly. "However, what I was really referring to was the legend of the Girl On Fire Mary Andrews." He explained as everybody else just stared at him blankly. "You mean you've never heard of her?"

"No, but I'm guessing that she's a girl that's on fire,.. or was on fire." Another boy responded.

"That's right, she was,.. or is." Caleb replied. "It all happened about two hundred years ago right at this very camp. However, it was all woods back then and Mary stayed in a little wooden cabin with her parents,...

I decided to make these into chapters so I don't have to finish all of it at once. I'll post the first chapter whenever I can. :)

Chapter One: Lory

It was Mary Andrews' seventh birthday. She had raven colored hair and amber colored eyes and had been wanting a doll that looked like her for a very long time. So finally, her nana decided to make her one, and on her birthday that year, her grandfather finally gave her what she wished for. With black hair made out of yarn, button eyes, and a bright red dress as bright as her nail polish.

"Oh Pappy, she's beautiful!! I think I'm going to call her Mallory, but I'll call her Lory for short." Mary said and from that point on Mary and Lory went everywhere together. To the store, to church, to the park, but little Mary was highly upset when she couldn't take Lory to school with her and she cried all the way to school and all the way back home, but she knew that she had to behave while she was in school or her father would severely punish after she got back to her cabin.

However, that day when she got home from school her father wasn't waiting for her at home like he usually was. Mary started to worry about him and frantically searched the house for him until she finally placed little Lory on top of her bed and hurried outside to the backside of her cabin. The very next thing she did was burst into tears at the sight of her father's corpse.

Of course it wasn't just a regular looking corpse, it was all bloody and sliced apart like the town's butcher did to all of the pigs and cows before they were safe for eating. She quickly ran to her mother and told her what had happened and it was a little bit afterwards that they determined that her father was killed with an axe. Little Mary Andrews was never quite the same after that traumatizing event.

She didn't talk to any of her friends or go outside very much at all unless she had to for church or school, or going shopping with her mother. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't even find it in her heart to go to her father's funeral because it tore her apart to think of him being put inside the ground. Especially because of the fact that she had been a real Daddy's girl.

The only person she really talked to that besides her mother wasn't a person at all, but her doll Lory. Mary claimed that she would talk to her and tell her stories and sing her lullabies at night, but Mary's mother just believed that her daughter had a really vivid imagination.

However, as Mary got older and become a teenager she even grew tired of Lory and that's when her mother put her away inside her memory box and stored her up on the top shelf. That's when mysterious things began to happen, as nothing makes a doll angrier than being put into storage.

Note; I forgot to mention the fact that I was heavily inspired by Stephen King with this story.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back