Gingrich's reason for continuing to take votes from Santorum is what?

The GOP Establishment knew the rank and file didn't want Romnuts and shoved him down our throats anyway.

"Our"? Are you pretending you are a "rank and file" Republican? What a fucking joke. You're not even a rank and file democrat, you're a far left loon who constantly indulges his vile bigotry. Don't bother pretending.

Gingrich:

We are staying in this race, because I believe it is going to be impossible for a moderate to win the general election.

Is he implying that he has a chance to win? LOL. Where does he think he would get a thousand more delegates?

Or is he acknowledging that if he got out, not all of his supporters would automatically switch to Santorum? Some would go to Romney and hasten the end of this process. And he can't let that happen.

Even though Santorum is the only one with a chance to beat Romney now, Santorum doesn't have much of a chance, so what is the point of prolonging this?

Seriously ... what does Gingrich think he will accomplish by staying in this race, other than continuing the death by a thousand cuts which the GOP is suffering now.

Und der Katze sagt:

If it comes down to a close race at the convention, Newt will give his votes to Santorum. Santorum wins the nomination, and if he gets elected, Newt gets a plum job. Of course Newt might settle for VP.

The GOP Establishment knew the rank and file didn't want Romnuts and shoved him down our throats anyway.

"Our"? Are you pretending you are a "rank and file" Republican? What a fucking joke. You're not even a rank and file democrat, you're a far left loon who constantly indulges his vile bigotry. Don't bother pretending.

Whatever, guy.

Frankly, only person I see acting unhinged here is you.

Romney is barely keeping ahead of two jokers who got run out of Congress on a rail.

The real telling figure. In Virginia, where the Establishment Cheated and kept everyone else off the ballot, ROmney only got 59% of Republicans. 41% voted for Crazy Ron Paul.

Ron Paul. I think this was Ron's best showing yet.

Republicans really don't want Romney. They're probably stuck with him. But he'll lose, and I'll be here to say, "I told you so!"

Gingrich:

We are staying in this race, because I believe it is going to be impossible for a moderate to win the general election.

Is he implying that he has a chance to win? LOL. Where does he think he would get a thousand more delegates?

Or is he acknowledging that if he got out, not all of his supporters would automatically switch to Santorum? Some would go to Romney and hasten the end of this process. And he can't let that happen.

Even though Santorum is the only one with a chance to beat Romney now, Santorum doesn't have much of a chance, so what is the point of prolonging this?

Seriously ... what does Gingrich think he will accomplish by staying in this race, other than continuing the death by a thousand cuts which the GOP is suffering now.

The PROBLEM is--it is now mathematically IMPOSSIBLE for Rick Santorum to win the nomination. The Wall Street Journal stated this today--along with political talking heads--that he would need a miracle for Santorum to win the nomination at this time. He really needed Ohio to stay in the running and he lost it to Romney. While he may win a couple of more states in the south and midwest--they won't amount to many delegates--and Romney will secure the west--most of the mid-west and the northwest of this country. And we're coming up on winner take all states.

Santorum is ineligible for many delegates in upcoming states because he didn't meet state requirements. Illinois for example. His ballot access is also being challenged in Indiana--because he fell short in one district on the amount of signatures required.

So are you suggesting the rest drop out and back Romney now?

The PROBLEM is--it is now mathematically IMPOSSIBLE for Rick Santorum to win the nomination. The Wall Street Journal stated this today--along with political talking heads--that he would need a miracle for Santorum to win the nomination at this time. He really needed Ohio to stay in the running and he lost it to Romney. While he may win a couple of more states in the south and midwest--they won't amount to many delegates--and Romney will secure the west--most of the mid-west and the northwest of this country. And we're coming up on winner take all states.

Santorum is ineligible for many delegates in upcoming states because he didn't meet state requirements. Illinois for example. His ballot access is also being challenged in Indiana--because he fell short in one district on the amount of signatures required.

Well, that's the problem, isn't it? The GOP Establishment knew the rank and file didn't want Romnuts and shoved him down our throats anyway. And if you have to keep people off ballots or change the rules on delegate allocation or whatever else it takes, so be it.

Fact is, if Romney were worth having as a nominee, he'd have wrapped this up by now. McCain had this thing wrapped up by now in 2008. Bush had this wrapped up in 2000.

If Republicans aren't thrilled with Romney now, they won't be any more excited in November.

How exactly did the Establishment shove Romney down our throats when the people in the states so far haver overwhelmingly supported him?

Exactly how is it bad for a Nomination process to actually take time to pick a winner bad? Or would you rather the Republicans do as the Dems are doing this year and just anoint Someone as the Nominee?
Incumbents are often "annoited". See George W. Bush in 2004, Bill Clinton in 1996, George H.W. Bush in 1992, Ronald Reagan in 1984, Jimmy Carter in 1980, Gerald Ford in 1976...

Or are you just trying too hard to sound stupid?

Gingrich:

Und der Katze sagt:

If it comes down to a close race at the convention, Newt will give his votes to Santorum. Santorum wins the nomination, and if he gets elected, Newt gets a plum job. Of course Newt might settle for VP.

That makes no sense on many levels.

Whatever, guy.

Not "whatever." You're a fucking fraud. All your posts clearly show you are on the far left and nowhere near even the moderate side of the Republican party, so stop fucking lying about that. And without a doubt your repeated hateful spamming marks you as a block-headed, vile bigot. You can't hide from the painfully obvious pattern you have taken so much trouble to establish here.

Whatever, guy.

Not "whatever." You're a fucking fraud. All your posts clearly show you are on the far left and nowhere near even the moderate side of the Republican party, so stop fucking lying about that. And without a doubt your repeated hateful spamming marks you as a block-headed, vile bigot. You can't hide from the painfully obvious pattern you have taken so much trouble to establish here.

Why am I thinking of kilts?

Whatever, guy.

Why am I thinking of kilts?

I'm not sure. Why are you thinking of Kilts?

I think Unk's problem is that if you don't drink the Koolaid, you can't be a Republican.

Some reasons I dislike Romney, it's because he's to the left of me on issues, others he's to the right of me, but the guy is all over the board... My main problem with Romney is that he's an unethical scumwad that will say anything to get votes. And he just can't wait to get past Santorum and Gingrich so he can start tacking to the center again.

Forum List

Back