Gingrich CAN'T beat Obama!

It's funny the GOP possible candidates are four men all of whom with huge incredibly strong limitations. It's for that reason that Obama will easily win in November.

Bush had strong limitations and so do House Republicans but they won their terms. Obama will win because he motivates his base and the Independents can't bring themselves to vote for this group of really radical Rs.

Once they get to the general and I think it will be Romney, Obama can start spending money and moving forward. He is an extremely intelligent candidate and his team definately has his best interest at heart.

I don't think Obama motivates anyone. He is a dull , boring drone and doesn't inspire anyone anymore.

More hand wringing.

The economy is better now than it was in 2008. Gaining jobs now............losing jobs then.

Just saying that Obama has been a failure does you no good. You have to be able to make that case with facts and numbers and stuff.

Last edited:
BTW......the primary reason that Newt has any support is that he seems willing and able to lob insults at the President of the United States. Many nutters want to watch a Gingrich/Obama debate in the hopes that Gingrich lands a zinger or two. They are not even thinking beyond that.

Last edited:
Actually, having watched Newt, Romney and Santorum, i think i could vote for any of them. They have the desire to lead and fire in the belly

Santorum was right last night, Gingrich sticks his foot in his mouth (pops off) constantly. Sure he is a great debater but all off his blunders will be ammunition for Obama and Gingrich will continue to say outrageous things. People will see Gingrich as unstable and in the long run no matter how good his debating skills are, it won't make up for this. :cuckoo:

-

The frantic voices from the Left claiming Gingrich can't beat obama are once again trying to influence the decision of the GOP. You got us Dole and McCain. You're apparently afraid of what Newt will do to the boy king in a debate.

i'm not hearing "frantic" voices from the left. It's simply opinions which may or may not have validity. I happen to agree with those opinions and think newt would implode. But the "left" didn't get you either dole or mccain. your party did.

why do you think a president who is an extremist is a good thing?

As jillian says above, this election is Obama's to lose. It would not have been that way had the GOP coughed up a decent candidate - it would have been entirely up for grabs.

The Gingrich fans who seem to think he could beat Obama provide an excellent illustration of how partisans can't see the forest for the trees. They limit their news and commentary intake primarily to Fox & Rush & Hannity, or MSNBC & Keith & Ed, and live mostly in those little worlds, getting just half of the big picture. Bizarre.

The GOP's best hope at this point is some kind of draft or brokered convention, a horrific event they can blame on Obama, or some combination therein.

Santorum was right last night, Gingrich sticks his foot in his mouth (pops off) constantly. Sure he is a great debater but all off his blunders will be ammunition for Obama and Gingrich will continue to say outrageous things. People will see Gingrich as unstable and in the long run no matter how good his debating skills are, it won't make up for this. :cuckoo:

-

Newt's positives far out weigh his negatives and there is no one in this years race who is better in open debate...

Let's face it, politics is a dirty business, no one is clean by any means...

If Romney is the nominee he will get my vote, but I'm afraid he can't beat Obama and we can not afford this idiot for 4 more years...

Newt cannot win in a national election. People do not like him. He's arrogant and although he has a sharp wit he has a sharper tongue. He's a nasty arrogant bastard.
BTW, I just got off the phone with someone who knows him personally.

American Hates Newt Gingrich

w.w.w.campaign2012.washingtonexamin...ingrich/326161

Fox News, 1/12-1/14:
Obama, fav/unfav, 51%/46%, +5
Romney, fav/unfav, 45%/38%, +7
Gingrich, fav/unfav, 27%/56%, -29

CBS/NYT, 1/12-1/17:
Obama, fav/unfav, 38%/45%, -7
Romney, fav/unfav, 21%/35%, -14
Gingrich, fav/unfav, 17%/49%, -32

PPP, 1/13-1/17:
Obama, app/dis, 47%/50%, -3
Romney, fav/unfav, 35%/53%, -18
Gingrich, fav/unfav, 26%/60%, -34

Last edited:
There are a lot of naive people out there. "Debates" are not going to decide the general election and Obama will be able to keep up with Gingrich in a debate anyway. Obama is a very good campaigner.

Obama has incumbency, most of the minority vote, and will have close to a billion dollars to make 30 second commercials. 30 second commercials decide elections and Obama will be dirty and vicious. He's no boy scout.

If Gingrinch is your candidate, our President does not have to be dirty and vicious, all he has to do is run videos of Gingrinch saying some of the nonsense that he has said.

Having said that, it would please me immeasurably were the President to come out swinging. It is time that he gave back some of the shit that the GOP has given him.

I'd guess the Dems are doing the happy dance watching this circus. They'll be trotting out a truly vulnerable President, but he'll be matched with Newt or Mitt in all likelihood. Holy crap, it's like bringing a butter knife to a fight only to see your opponent is armed with just a Super Soaker™.

The remaining GOP candidates in the order of electability:

Romney
Gingrich
Santorum
Paul

Well, that's how I see them today.

I don't think ANY of them are electable. They all trail Obama in the polls even with a shitty economy.

So the question isn't necessarily which one is electable, but which one is actually making the conservative argument and forming that argument.

Romney is the argument that is we just let the wealthy and big corporations do whatever the hell they want, things will be fine. Unless you were in a Coma since 1999, you can see how silly that argument is.

Gingrich makes the argument that we need to get back to basic values, basic functional, effective government. Now, that might not be a winner against Obama. Incumbants are hard to beat regardless of who you run against them.

newt can't beat obama because he can't bring enough moderate democrats on board to vote for him

romney can't beat obama because he can;t bring enough Republicans on board to vote for him. He could get the moderate dems but without the full republican support, the win will be difficult....

imo.

I've heard that argument about Romney, that there are all these "moderates" who are out there ready to vote for him... but where are they, exactly?

They weren't in Iowa. He got less votes in 2012 than he did in 2008.

They weren't in New Hampshire, either. He got 20K more votes than he did in 2008, but overall, participation in the GOP Primary was actually down from the last time.

If there really were these hoards of disaffected Democrats yearning to vote for Romney, shouldn't we have seen them by now? All Romney seems to have are the same characters who showed up for him in 2008. His only virtue this time is that he doesn't have a candidate with McCain's stature opposing him.

Gingrich would wipe the floor with obama in a debate. obama has to have two teleprompters to talk to a kindergarten class. What I would like to see is obama bring up some personal baggage and have Newt say "In both of your autobiographies you spoke about being a cocaine addict. What was the name of your primary dealer and what was your dollar per day habit? When, if ever, did you stop taking drugs?

That Gingrich had infidelities doesn't matter nearly as much as a drug addict in the white house. Not even close.

Boo hoo to the Independents. I get sick of their threats. The idea that someone is "unelectable" is BS. You aren't unelectable until you actually run and lose. And, world events can change people's minds in a second.
Events can happen and change the election in an instant.

Yep. It's amazing how many people still don't get that through their head even though it works that way every year.

A shit sandwich can beat Barry Obolshevik.

Indeed.....the k00ks think its all about personality:lol::lol: Just look at the record of incumbent presidents over the past 50 years when the economy is fcukked. They lose.........every single time.

Joe Blow who cant find work couldnt give a shit if somebody has the propensity to be a bit ornery from time to time........if he can improved conditions such that he can get a job, thats his man.

This economy can explode tomorrow but the guy in charge is to married to a goofball ideology.........and the independent voter knows it too.

There are a lot of naive people out there. "Debates" are not going to decide the general election and Obama will be able to keep up with Gingrich in a debate anyway. Obama is a very good campaigner.

Go ahead and believe the narrative the establishment wants you to believe. You guys complain about the candidate you end up with, but you end up with them because you believe all the bullshit you're fed by the powers that be, just like you're doing right now.

Forum List

Back