Gingrich CAN'T beat Obama!

newt can't beat obama because he can't bring enough moderate democrats on board to vote for him

romney can't beat obama because he can;t bring enough Republicans on board to vote for him. He could get the moderate dems but without the full republican support, the win will be difficult....

imo.

I've heard that argument about Romney, that there are all these "moderates" who are out there ready to vote for him... but where are they, exactly?

They weren't in Iowa. He got less votes in 2012 than he did in 2008.

They weren't in New Hampshire, either. He got 20K more votes than he did in 2008, but overall, participation in the GOP Primary was actually down from the last time.

If there really were these hoards of disaffected Democrats yearning to vote for Romney, shouldn't we have seen them by now? All Romney seems to have are the same characters who showed up for him in 2008. His only virtue this time is that he doesn't have a candidate with McCain's stature opposing him.
i said moderate Dems.....can they vote in a Republican Primary?

newt can't beat obama because he can't bring enough moderate democrats on board to vote for him

romney can't beat obama because he can;t bring enough Republicans on board to vote for him. He could get the moderate dems but without the full republican support, the win will be difficult....

imo.

I've heard that argument about Romney, that there are all these "moderates" who are out there ready to vote for him... but where are they, exactly?

They weren't in New Hampshire, either. He got 20K more votes than he did in 2008, but overall, participation in the GOP Primary was actually down from the last time.

If there really were these hoards of disaffected Democrats yearning to vote for Romney, shouldn't we have seen them by now? All Romney seems to have are the same characters who showed up for him in 2008. His only virtue this time is that he doesn't have a candidate with McCain's stature opposing him.

Um, yeah, they can. In Iowa, all they have to do is show up. In NH, they can change their registration before the vote.

Point being that changing registration is really an easy thing, if they were really considering or enthusastic about Romney... but they aren't.

I beg to differ. If I could be changed over the last week from being a long time Paul supporter to that of voting for Newt today in SC, a lot of people will be.

He is refreshing, and the man we hurt in the last two debates will humiliate Obama so much that even if he did win, he would be ineffectual.

Newt fever I believe is on the way.

gingrich will not get any democrats to vote for him....he can't win the presidency without some of them.....with newt, by default obama will win....again, imo.

gingrich will not get any democrats to vote for him....he can't win the presidency without some of them.....with newt, by default obama will win....again, imo.

Only about 32% of the population consider themselves Democrats compared to 35% of them that classify as Republicans. The winner will be in who can get more of those in between to vote for him.

Partisan Trends - Rasmussen Reports™

Um, yeah, they can. In Iowa, all they have to do is show up. In NH, they can change their registration before the vote.

Point being that changing registration is really an easy thing, if they were really considering or enthusastic about Romney... but they aren't.
it's not that easy to change ones registered party....and i did not say ''gung ho'', I said there are moderate dems that would vote for Romney if he were on the ticket against obama....there are no moderate dems that would vote for newt over obama.... well, maybe one or two, but virtually none.

I think gingrich will pull the republican vote better than romney would....but he wouldn't pull the Dems needed for a win.

I think romney would pull some moderate dems, but i think some republicans would sit out the race and not vote at all, if romney is their choice.....

This is why i believe neither could beat the incumbent.....

The Republican nominee is almost sure to be Romney but Gingrich could be the VP pick.

We don't need democrats to win. LOL

We need the unaffiliated middle and turn out of our base.

WE DON'T NEED DEM VOTES
I think you are dreaming grandpa....

even President Bush needed dem votes to win, and he got them.

Bush wasn't running against Obama. 40% of this country will decide this election and few if any of that 40% are on this site.

I stand behind the idea that we don't need democratic votes.

We need our base and 60% of the middle.

WE DON'T NEED DEM VOTES
I think you are dreaming grandpa....

even President Bush needed dem votes to win, and he got them.

Bush wasn't running against Obama. 40% of this country will decide this election and few if any of that 40% are on this site.

I stand behind the idea that we don't need democratic votes.

We need our base and 60% of the middle.

Oh! Is that all? It's in the bag!

WE DON'T NEED DEM VOTES

Polls show that Gingrich trails Obama amongst independents by 15-20 points. Romney is about even.

Works on the assumption that independents, who usually don't start thinking about this until August, are really thinking all that hard about this.

What I've heard this week from co-workers who don't think very hard about this stuff is that they are kind of bothered by the Cayman Islands stuff and the only paying 15% in taxes stuff.

The problem with Mittens is that the more people see him, the less they like him.

Forum List

Back