Gimme Felafel!

Falafel and tahini sauce ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yumyumyumyumymymymymyym

I buy it ready at the supermarket, y buy humus too)
(tahini, it’s a dense paste made from crushed sesame seeds, lemon juice, garlic, and water)

Cauliflower with Tehina is one of my all time fav meals.

fry it with a little olive oil, and of course make the Tehina (cold water, garlic in the mixer) and you have the perfect dressing.

yum yum!

Cauliflower.jpg11.jpg

Last edited:
I openly admit I love Middle Eastern food! I simply love it!

I thought Italian food was my favorite, but in all honesty I have to say now that it's Middle Eastern food I am crazy about.... from all over that region .....In my opinion it's the most delicious food in this world! :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

You should taste Israeli Shakshuka.

Life changing:)

The best falafel I've ever had was at a food cart near Lower Sproul Plaza at UC Berkeley.

The best hummus was made by a friend.

You wouldn't happen to know if that cart is still there, would you?

I have yet to find a good falafel place in the Bay, and I'd be very interested in this cart you speak of.

I'm actually gonna be near the Berkeley campus today, maybe I'll look for it - but it's a weekend, so I dunno.

the best one ive had here is in this tiny place on iriving at about 22nd?

Sunrise Deli - The Best Falafel In Town

[MENTION=20452]theDoctorisIn[/MENTION]

Last edited:
What I really miss are the lamb & rice carts in Midtown Manhattan.

There's one on the corner of 6th Ave and 52nd St that'll blow your mind.

the hala boys cart!!!!! OMG....i LOVE THEM!!!!

yellow bags.... you know them by the yellow bags.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWBh5-CfPHk]BEST FALAFEL RECIPE FROM SCRATCH !!! MUST SEE FALAFEL RECEIPE - YouTube[/ame]

Afteem was the name of the restaurant in Bethlehem that had the best Falafel I ever ate, and I ate a lot while in Israel and Palestine. It is right around the corner from the Church of the Nativity. As you can see from this photograph, a lot of people from the west make this trek to the other side of The Wall to see the supposed birthplace of Christ and gets some good eats.

AfteemBethlehemPalestine2013_zps6e2acbff.jpg

Forum List

Back