Giants Head To Super Bowl

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Giants are going to Super Bowl
by Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger Sunday January 20, 2008, 10:19 PM
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Lawrence Tynes' 47-yard field goal with 12:50 to go in overtime gave the Giants a 23-20 victory over Green Bay - and their fourth trip to the Super Bowl.

The Giants controlled the game throughout but couldn't put the Packers away.

Tynes missed two field goals in the fourth quarter, including a 37-yarder - which he missed badly - on the final play of regulation.

Green Bay won the toss and got the kickoff in overtime, but Corey Webster picked off Brett Favre on the second play of overtime, giving the Giants the ball at the Packers' 34.

The Giants managed only 5 yards on three plays before Tynes hit his winning kick.

The Giants will meet the Patriots in Glendale, Ariz., in two weeks.

The Patriots, who beat the Chargers in the AFC Championship earlier in the day, are a perfect 18-0 this season.

The Patriots beat the Giants, 38-35, at Giants Stadium in the final game of the regular season.

Of course, the Gaints are probably glad the Super Bowl will be away from home. The Giants became the third team in history to win three straight road games and advance to the Super Bowl.

Read full coverage in Monday's Star-Ledger and at nj.com/giants.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/01/giants_head_to_super_bowl.html

I am glad you are enjoying my "humor". My patriots are going to the superbowl...and your losers are going to play golf.

laugh all you want. I'll laugh last.:rofl:

I called Giants as the sleeper team a few weeks before the playoffs.

If Eli plays well, this is anybody's game. If the bad Eli shows up, well we obviously know the outcome.

For betters, the line is looking to be somewhere around NE -11. It'll fluctuate over these 2 weeks, but anything 10.5 or over, and I'm taking that action.

The Patriots NEVER blow teams out in the super bowl. It's ALWAYS close. The Giants are NOT going to lay down for these guys.

The majority of the country would like to see the Patriots lose. I am among them. The Giants are here because they won on the road. One more win and they will make me their fan!

That Patriots, Camgate and Randy Moss are what is wrong with America.

GO GIANTS!

The majority of the country would like to see the Patriots lose.

The irony there is almost mind boggling. After 9/11, everyone wanted the Pats to win that SB. I mean, come on, they were called the "Patriots"! Now, only 6 years later, here we are, rooting for them to lose. How quickly we forget our past in this country.

The irony there is almost mind boggling. After 9/11, everyone wanted the Pats to win that SB. I mean, come on, they were called the "Patriots"! Now, only 6 years later, here we are, rooting for them to lose. How quickly we forget our past in this country.

Or could just be that Eli Manning rocks.

No, it's just the word "patriot." I mean, look at the reception of the Patriot Act, Patriot Guard Riders (by the protesting nutjobs at least), and Patriot Cruise Missiles!

Or could just be that Eli Manning rocks.

Um jill, Eli Manning is like 10% of why this team is in the SB right now.

He didn't do SHIT, until the last couple games. I know, that's when it COUNTS, but you have no basis on how to decide which Eli Manning is going to show up week to week. It's pot luck.

I'm an Eagles fan, and normally I hate the Giants, but I'm rooting for you. It's better than the Cowboys, I guess.

So far, the spread on the game is NY +12.

I'm so taking that action if it stays above 10.5...No way the Giants don't cover that. NE hasn't won a SB by more than 3 points in like...EVER.

The majority of the country would like to see the Patriots lose. I am among them. The Giants are here because they won on the road. One more win and they will make me their fan!

That Patriots, Camgate and Randy Moss are what is wrong with America.

GO GIANTS!

the pats are here because they won at home AND on the road so what's your point?

and lets not start on the video taping again. no one really believes that it helped the pats win except for those who the pats beat..... oh wait they beat everyone didn't they?

the pats are here because they won at home AND on the road so what's your point?

and lets not start on the video taping again. no one really believes that it helped the pats win except for those who the pats beat..... oh wait they beat everyone didn't they?

Camgate...Camgate...Cangate...Camgate...Cangate...Camgate...Cangate

Forum List

Back