Soccer???????????????????

akiboy

Mar 28, 2006
Mumbai
hey! Are the soccer lovers still out here?

I can start a thread on the latest developments in the Champions League , La Liga and Epl!!

Where are you guys??

I didn't think of you when I wrote this Dirt. There were a couple of soccer guys over here who preferred the 'beautiful game' to violent football.

I hope they are still around!

I didn't think of you when I wrote this Dirt. There were a couple of soccer guys over here who preferred the 'beautiful game' to violent football.

I hope they are still around!

Bull, people watch soccer hoping for blood. They know since the players are not wearing protective gear the snide little physical attacks are likely to cause real damage.:rofl: :eusa_whistle:

I'm representin'

gerrard.jpg

Liverpool-FC-logo-200x200_01.gif

Yes . Maybe. See the match again Toro. You guys won by fluke.

Chelsea have a better keeper ,a better defence , a better midfield and a better attack then Liverpool. In short Liverpool were lucky to win against us.

Chelsea have a better keeper ,a better defence , a better midfield and a better attack then Liverpool. In short Liverpool were lucky to win against us.

Twice!

Sing it with me aki!

When you walk
Through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver sounds of a lark
Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Tho' your dreams be tossed and torn
Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
'Cause you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone.
Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
You'll never walk alone.

steven-gerrard-career.jpg

Please do care to look at the Premiership table. Look where Lvpool is(with a full strength squad) and where Chelsea is(With half the regular players injured/playin in the AFrican Cup)

And yeah dude, why did you waste your time posting the lyrics of such a crappy song..

See this.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHwcvF02nCY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHwcvF02nCY[/ame]

See how you guys scored in the next leg and how we scored.
Thats the difference between the 'champion blues' and the 'plucky reds'

Please do care to look at the Premiership table. Look where Lvpool is(with a full strength squad) and where Chelsea is(With half the regular players injured/playin in the AFrican Cup)

And yeah dude, why did you waste your time posting the lyrics of such a crappy song..

See this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHwcvF02nCY

See how you guys scored in the next leg and how we scored.
Thats the difference between the 'champion blues' and the 'plucky reds'

Full strength squad?

Agger, Alonso, Penant have been out for some time.

Twice!

Sing it with me aki!

When you walk
Through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver sounds of a lark
Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Tho' your dreams be tossed and torn
Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
You'll never walk alone.
Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
You'll never walk alone.

steven-gerrard-career.jpg

All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we saw the King Kenny play (And could he play)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
Of the glory round the fields of Anfield Road

If you say so, but......

English Champions: 18 times
FA Cup Winners: 7 times
League Cup Winners: 7 times
Charity Shield Winners: 15 times
UEFA Cup Winners: 3 times
European Cup Winners: 5 times
European Super Cup Winners: 3 times

What other clubs dream of, Liverpool have already achieved many times over.

These stats you have posted..Most of them are quite old.
Yes , Lvpool might have shined in the CL but I assure you its the end of the road for them now. Chelsea have a much better chance at the treble this season then Lvpool.

Look at the future tigerbob Lvpool's glory days have long gone.....The crown of the English Premier League will always be contested between Arsenal and Chelsea.oh yeah maybe Manchester United too

Liverpool can only hope of finishing 4th.

I say again that Lvpool should sack Benitez. Its because of his damn 'rotation' policy that Lvpool are down in the dumps.

Full strength squad?

Agger, Alonso, Penant have been out for some time.

Dude, we don't have Essien , Drogba , Lampard(injured) , Malouda(injured) , Cech(injured) , Cudicini(injured) , Makelele(injured)..

Lvpool are playing with 'superstars' like Torres , Gerrard , Babel , Kuyt , Riise..

And you say you do not have a full strength squad????????????

These stats you have posted..Most of them are quite old.
Yes , Lvpool might have shined in the CL but I assure you its the end of the road for them now. Chelsea have a much better chance at the treble this season then Lvpool.

Look at the future tigerbob Lvpool's glory days have long gone.....The crown of the English Premier League will always be contested between Arsenal and Chelsea.oh yeah maybe Manchester United too

Liverpool can only hope of finishing 4th.

I say again that Lvpool should sack Benitez. Its because of his damn 'rotation' policy that Lvpool are down in the dumps.

Hmm, if I recall correctly the last time Liverpool played Chelsea, the reds had victory snatched away by a Chelsea penalty, given when Malouda was tripped by what can only be described as thin air, a decision so bad that the referee was officially suspended!

But enough of that. Let's take a look at those "old" stats shall we? A comparison between Liverpool and Chelsea since the Millennium perhaps?

English Champions: Chelsea 2, Liverpool 0. Fair point. We haven't won this since 1990. Liverpool fans desperately want the Championship.

FA Cup: Chelsea 2, Liverpool 2. An honourable draw.

League Cup: Chelsea 2, Liverpool 2. Another draw, so Chelsea still lead 6-4 'on aggregate'.

UEFA Cup: Chelsea 0, Liverpool 1. Gosh. Liverpool in the lead here, and Chelsea's slim lead overall is cut to a single trophy. It's going to be a riveting last few comparisons.

Champions League: Chelsea 0, Liverpool 1. Liverpool ties it up with just one stat to go. Strains of "You'll Never Walk Alone", the best known song in football, are thundering around the stadium. Chelsea fans reply with a mumbled chorus from a 1970's petroleum commercial (Boom Boom Boom Boom, Esso Blue!).

Charity Shield: Chelsea 1, Liverpool 2. And Liverpool take the lead in the dying seconds. The crowd goes wild. Cue another bout of singing from the Kop end.....

Steve Gerrard Gerrard
He'll knock the ball forty yards
He's better than Frank Lampard
Steve Gerrard Gerrard

Oh, and one other thing...

European Super Cup: Chelsea 0, Liverpool 2. Slightly less relevant than the others perhaps, since this is contested between the winners of the UEFA Cup and the winners of the Champions League, neither of which Chelsea have won. The nearest they have come is the semi finals of the Champions League in 2005 and then again last year. You were beaten in the 2005 semi by Liverpool. Then in 2007 you were beaten in the same game by, good heavens - Liverpool again!

So, perhaps not as "old" as you might have thought.

We can agree on one thing though. Benitez' rotation policy has me screaming at the TV every weekend (much to my American wife's amusement).

Dude, we don't have Essien , Drogba , Lampard(injured) , Malouda(injured) , Cech(injured) , Cudicini(injured) , Makelele(injured)..

Lvpool are playing with 'superstars' like Torres , Gerrard , Babel , Kuyt , Riise..

And you say you do not have a full strength squad????????????

Everybody has injuries from time to time. Earlier this season we had Mascherano, Alonso and Torres all out at the same time. It's part of football.

hey actsnoblemartin!!!!

Good to see another soccer dude!!

I've been a Chelsea fan since 2000!!!
And when I say fan..I mean a real fan..I actually cried when we got kicked out of the CL last year by the shitty Reds and beaten in the Premiership by the other Red Losers!...

Hopefully , we will take our revenge this year!!!:cool:

ANyways which team do you support??

Forum List

Back