Gettin There: Voters In Several States Set To Roll Back Marijuana Prohibition This Year...

It is sanctimonious beyond the pale to deny very sick people the benefits of mj due to your “reefer madness” moral mentality

I don't get it. Why do people think that prohibition can be a right desition? I've heard a lot of stories when medical strains helped people survive terrible pains or get through psychological problems. Just look at https://cannasos.com/ there you can find a name of a strain that can help you with your question. I think it is way better than drink a high number of pills or drugs.

Some sanity, finally. No Citizen should be shoved in a cage with brutal Murderers and Rapists for merely engaging in Marijuana use. Those barbaric times need to pass. Decriminalize Marijuana now. Then let's move on to consider decriminalizing most 'illegal' drugs. Prohibition doesn't work. Let adults decide whether or not they wanna get high or drunk. It isn't a Government issue.

Polling suggests approval of state ballot measures in upcoming elections this year that would cause the number of states with legal medical marijuana to grow by three and with legal recreational marijuana to grow by one. Absent earlier legislative action in other states, recreational marijuana legalization approval in Michigan would make it the tenth state with such legalization, and medical marijuana legalization in Oklahoma and Utah, as well as Missouri where petition signatures for ballot measures have not yet been counted and verified, would bring the total number of states with legal medical marijuana up to 33.

The movement of states to roll back marijuana prohibition, via ballot measures as well as bills approved by state legislatures and signed into law by governors, is a very important development for advancing respect for liberty in America. First, it significantly limits the war on drugs in America. That war on drugs has been a basis for the expansion of government power at the expense of people’s liberty and safety...

Read More:
Voters in Several States Set to Roll Back Marijuana Prohibition This Year

My state was the second to legalize medical marijuana. We did it in 1998.

We were tied for being the first to legalize it for recreational use. We did it in 2012. So did Colorado.

In both case it was done by the people of my state at the ballot box. Not by politicians in our state congress. I voted in the majority both times.

My dad was diagnosed with stage 4 liver and pancreas cancer in 1999. The doctors gave him 6 months to live. At most.

He lived for nearly 2 years. One of the reasons for that was medical marijuana. He actually had an appetite so he could keep his strength up. He was actually able to sleep which also kept his strength up. He didn't spend his chemo days throwing up all day.

In 2011 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. In both of my breasts. It was a very deadly cancer, carcinoma. It grows fast and moves to other organs fast. All it wants to do is kill and do it fast. The cancer was 100% receptive to two hormones my body naturally produces. Which means my own body chemistry is programmed to be the food for carcinoma to live and grow. Which means without a form of chemo, it returns to kill me as it did to 4 relatives in the past even though they had full mastectomies.

The chemo I had to have was a pill and it was every day. I was on that daily chemo for nearly 7 years. I beat that cancer. I'm the first in my family to do so.

I couldn't have beaten that cancer without medical marijuana. Everything I put in my stomach came right back up. I even vomited in my sleep waking up choking on it. The medical marijuana was a miracle. All it took was just a few hits and food stayed in me.

I refuse to go to any state that will put me or anyone who is fighting for their life in jail just for doing all they can to not die.

I'm so glad that other states are following my state's lead.

It's about time our nation grew up and handled marijuana in a responsible and adult way.

Great info, thanks. And I hope you're dong well. Folks should do some research and see what the main reasons were behind criminalizing Marijuana and Hemp. The decision was based mostly on business interests of others. But regardless, Prohibition doesn't work. It's time to go a different route.

Some sanity, finally. No Citizen should be shoved in a cage with brutal Murderers and Rapists for merely engaging in Marijuana use. Those barbaric times need to pass. Decriminalize Marijuana now. Then let's move on to consider decriminalizing most 'illegal' drugs. Prohibition doesn't work. Let adults decide whether or not they wanna get high or drunk. It isn't a Government issue.

Polling suggests approval of state ballot measures in upcoming elections this year that would cause the number of states with legal medical marijuana to grow by three and with legal recreational marijuana to grow by one. Absent earlier legislative action in other states, recreational marijuana legalization approval in Michigan would make it the tenth state with such legalization, and medical marijuana legalization in Oklahoma and Utah, as well as Missouri where petition signatures for ballot measures have not yet been counted and verified, would bring the total number of states with legal medical marijuana up to 33.

The movement of states to roll back marijuana prohibition, via ballot measures as well as bills approved by state legislatures and signed into law by governors, is a very important development for advancing respect for liberty in America. First, it significantly limits the war on drugs in America. That war on drugs has been a basis for the expansion of government power at the expense of people’s liberty and safety...

Read More:

We were tied for being the first to legalize it for recreational use. We did it in 2012. So did Colorado.

In both case it was done by the people of my state at the ballot box. Not by politicians in our state congress. I voted in the majority both times.

My dad was diagnosed with stage 4 liver and pancreas cancer in 1999. The doctors gave him 6 months to live. At most.

He lived for nearly 2 years. One of the reasons for that was medical marijuana. He actually had an appetite so he could keep his strength up. He was actually able to sleep which also kept his strength up. He didn't spend his chemo days throwing up all day.

In 2011 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. In both of my breasts. It was a very deadly cancer, carcinoma. It grows fast and moves to other organs fast. All it wants to do is kill and do it fast. The cancer was 100% receptive to two hormones my body naturally produces. Which means my own body chemistry is programmed to be the food for carcinoma to live and grow. Which means without a form of chemo, it returns to kill me as it did to 4 relatives in the past even though they had full mastectomies.

The chemo I had to have was a pill and it was every day. I was on that daily chemo for nearly 7 years. I beat that cancer. I'm the first in my family to do so.

I couldn't have beaten that cancer without medical marijuana. Everything I put in my stomach came right back up. I even vomited in my sleep waking up choking on it. The medical marijuana was a miracle. All it took was just a few hits and food stayed in me.

I refuse to go to any state that will put me or anyone who is fighting for their life in jail just for doing all they can to not die.

It's about time our nation grew up and handled marijuana in a responsible and adult way.

Great info, thanks. And I hope you're dong well. Folks should do some research and see what the main reasons were behind criminalizing Marijuana and Hemp. The decision was based mostly on business interests of others. But regardless, Prohibition doesn't work. It's time to go a different route.

--- and one would think we would have learned that with the 18th Amendment that had to be undone by the 21st --- on a substance far more deadly than this one.

--- the ending of which exactly coincides with the beginning of this one, and pushed by Abolitionists who, when the 21st passed, suddenly had no jobs.

--- which also spurs the observation, if the war on pot (born 1937 after thousands of years of popular use) wasn't promulgated directly using the fuel of the racism and bigotry of that time, why do we still call the plant in question by the 1937 bigotry-marketed name of a Mexican girl?

Read More:

Yes, I would like to earn legal money with it this go around.

Why do people think that prohibition can be a right desition

Sub Humans parrot, and whatever their birdbrains parrot, they are sure that is "right," and will never stop parroting, and will hate anyone who disagrees.

When sub humans get the same parroting from the "news" and their "Christian" preacher, they are 100% certain.... so much so that they simply tune out and refuse to watch things like this....

Forum List

Back