Get rid of the disagree button

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Click on your nickname in the upper right corner of the page.
2. In the dropdown menu that appears, click on "Preferences".
3. Scroll down to: "Receive a notification when someone…"
4. Uncheck the box here: "Reacts to your message: box Alert"
You sho 'nuff seem mighty familiar with the system here fer only havin' 600-summin' posts, Bubba.

You sho 'nuff seem mighty familiar with the system here fer only havin' 600-summin' posts, Bubba.
The moderators here also have great familiarity with the system*

*Disclaimer - just a random thought that crossed my mind and does not imply any connection between any member of our much-esteemed forum leadership team and the poster who delivered this most sage advice.

How can I disable the alerts with the annoying disagree button? The leftist who was doing it this morning is back again and, apparently having seen this thread, and of course being a nasty leftist, has doubled down….and now it’s disagree, disagree, disagree, disagree.

Damn, but the “compassionate” leftists who think they’re so morally superior are just annoying hateful people who love harassing others,

Oh her. Heh.

They are sad and disgruntled creatures because they don't amount to anything in the world. They identify with criminals and deviants and vent their nasty little spleens on all their betters.

I would rather have these losers hating and mocking me than giving me high fives.

The notifications are one thing, but the worst is the places where "influence" is key. Like on Twitter. I would RATHER have a small following. But everyone with a following is building a high school lunch table and if you dare comment on their thread the attitude is, "What are YOU doing here? This is MY table. I built this, get out." (And I'm talking about engaging the idea, not trolling or being offensive.)

The internet brought back Popularity Contests for Adults, but luckily, I had several years of adulthood before it was a thing. So I don't care. I care about ideas, truth, etc--not how many people sit at my lunch table.

Really? No job in this crap economy? How do you afford wifi or a computer?
I didn't say no job, specifically. Just that there are better things to do then measure your life via your job/employment.
But for further clarification (not that such personal information is your business);

Retired.
I turn 73 in a couple of months.
Social Security, Pension, 401Ks

How do you support yourself?

BTW, if the inflation/devalue increases I may have to get a job and/or additional source of income.

Last edited:
lantern is a special kind of......well, special.
snl-saturday-night-live.gif

If you clicked on your name and checked all the links in the dropdown menu, you'd be familiar with it too. Your account is the same as mine.

There are some dipshits that feel like its necessary to add a reaction to every post, I understand your frustration when someone contunually trolls you with the downvotes. I honestly have never used that one until your thread here. :disagree:

I didn't say no job, specifically. Just that there are better things to do then measure your life via your job/employment.
But for further clarification (not that such personal information is your business);

Retired.
I turn 73 in a couple of months.
Social Security, Pension, 401Ks

How do you support yourself?

BTW, if the inflation/devalue increases I may have to get a job and/or additional source of income.
I work, of course. And lucky enough to live in a red state with a sane governor who refused to shut down businesses during the fake leftyvirus fiasco.
Perhaps just vote for someone who will keep inflation at 1% and gas and food prices so regular people can afford them. Also at your age, and mine, I would be cooncerned about the lepers and other diseased individuals coming into our country every day unchecked.

I work, of course. And lucky enough to live in a red state with a sane governor who refused to shut down businesses during the fake leftyvirus fiasco.
Perhaps just vote for someone who will keep inflation at 1% and gas and food prices so regular people can afford them. Also at your age, and mine, I would be cooncerned about the lepers and other diseased individuals coming into our country every day unchecked.
I do vote for those sorts.
Unfortunately in my state there seem to be more whom vote for the Leftist candidates (or have control and influence over the vote counting). Hence the opposition has a majority, tends to "win".
I'm also involved enough in local politics and other civic groups to have seen the numbers for my county and we have thousands whom used to vote conservative but no longer bother to vote, it seems.

I do vote for those sorts.
Unfortunately in my state there seem to be more whom vote for the Leftist candidates (or have control and influence over the vote counting). Hence the opposition has a majority, tends to "win".
I'm also involved enough in local politics and other civic groups to have seen the numbers for my county and we have thousands whom used to vote conservative but no longer bother to vote, it seems.
Thats too bad, the only way to kick out the scum is to vote them out.
But this time I believe the Reich cultists have gone too far. Their desperation to make Trump look bad in light of all the real evidence coming out against the Bidens is pure lunacy. Even some of their dimwitted followers are starting to see what is really going on now.
I think Trump will win because the Dims are making it happen.

I’m not sure who Abu Dumfuck is, but I had one this morning who just went through my every post and hit disagree…. disagree….. disagree…. disagree… It clogged up my alert page and I couldn’t even see who responded to my posts.
I’ve had that happen. One poster will hit disagree on every post I make in a thread … just because. I just ignore it now. They are going to do what they are going to do.

Lisa558, I agree with your post and especially the last paragraph. While I have received "thumbs down" from members, those have never bothered me and sometimes they make me smile/laugh. lol. I have never been a fan of that button and in all my years here have vowed never to use it and I have adhered to that. I won't use that button because it is a negative and I don't do personal negatives. It helps keep me centered to just use the high road or no road here. I do distribute many of the other options. I belonged to another site for years and never once used the "thumbs down" option. I feel everyone should be entitled to post anything they want without negative judgment or disagreement from me. :)
I’m glad we no longer have “rep”, remember those days?

I’ve had that happen. One poster will hit disagree on every post I make in a thread … just because. I just ignore it now. They are going to do what they are going to do.
Why do you say fake news leftwinger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back