"Get out and vote"

So says Swifty when picking up her Artist of the Year award.

Taylor Swift is raking in album sales since she endorsed Democrats

“This award and every single award given out tonight were voted on by the people, and you know what else is voted on by the people?” Swift asked. “It is the midterm elections on Nov. 6. Get out and vote. I love you guys.”

Far from ruining her career it would seem that her record sales are going through the roof.

In the hours and now days since her post, four of Swift’s albums have climbed back up the iTunes album sales charts. Reputation, which was released 11 months ago, was ranked No. 32 on Saturday, moved up to No. 25 the day of her Instagram post and hit No. 14 by Tuesday afternoon, as reported by a site that maintains records of album sales on iTunes. As W magazine noted, her album 1989 re-entered the top 100 on Monday and hit No. 74 by Tuesday. Another chart tracker, Pop Vortex, listed Wednesday that two more of her albums are currently on iTunes’ top 200: 2012’s Red was at No. 129 and 2008’s Fearlesswas at No. 130 as of press time.

I do believe that young people let themselves down by not voting. They allow power to be vested in selfish bad people like trump and his gruesome crew.

Anyway at least the OP message is surely something that supporters from both sides can agree on.:

GET OUT AND VOTE !!!
You ever read how Edward Bernays wrote that celebrities are instrumental in the role of propaganda?

Are you familiar with that?

. . . . . or are you just a victim of propaganda?
I am a victim of many things.

Like Brexit where knowledgeable people outnumbered the sheeple in an attempt to reclaim their sovereignty? Sure seems to me that the "will of the people" doesn't mean shit unless it "jives" with the collective wants and needs of the "state". You are one of the sheeple for sure.

(snicker)

Anatomy of the State
What the State Is Not

Books / Digital Text
"We must, therefore, emphasize that "we" are not the government; the government is not "us." The government does not in any accurate sense "represent" the majority of the people.1 But, even if it did, even if 70 percent of the people decided to murder the remaining 30 percent, this would still be murder and would not be voluntary suicide on the part of the slaughtered minority.2 No organicist metaphor, no irrelevant bromide that "we are all part of one another," must be permitted to obscure this basic fact.

If, then, the State is not "us," if it is not "the human family" getting together to decide mutual problems, if it is not a lodge meeting or country club, what is it? Briefly, the State is that organization in society which attempts to maintain a monopoly of the use of force and violence in a given territorial area; in particular, it is the only organization in society that obtains its revenue not by voluntary contribution or payment for services rendered but by coercion. While other individuals or institutions obtain their income by production of goods and services and by the peaceful and voluntary sale of these goods and services to others, the State obtains its revenue by the use of compulsion; that is, by the use and the threat of the jailhouse and the bayonet.3 Having used force and violence to obtain its revenue, the State generally goes on to regulate and dictate the other actions of its individual subjects."

“This award and every single award given out tonight were voted on by the people, and you know what else is voted on by the people?” Swift asked. “It is the midterm elections on Nov. 6. Get out and vote. I love you guys.”

Far from ruining her career it would seem that her record sales are going through the roof.

In the hours and now days since her post, four of Swift’s albums have climbed back up the iTunes album sales charts. Reputation, which was released 11 months ago, was ranked No. 32 on Saturday, moved up to No. 25 the day of her Instagram post and hit No. 14 by Tuesday afternoon, as reported by a site that maintains records of album sales on iTunes. As W magazine noted, her album 1989 re-entered the top 100 on Monday and hit No. 74 by Tuesday. Another chart tracker, Pop Vortex, listed Wednesday that two more of her albums are currently on iTunes’ top 200: 2012’s Red was at No. 129 and 2008’s Fearlesswas at No. 130 as of press time.

I do believe that young people let themselves down by not voting. They allow power to be vested in selfish bad people like trump and his gruesome crew.

Anyway at least the OP message is surely something that supporters from both sides can agree on.:

GET OUT AND VOTE !!!
You ever read how Edward Bernays wrote that celebrities are instrumental in the role of propaganda?

Like Brexit where knowledgeable people outnumbered the sheeple in an attempt to reclaim their sovereignty? Sure seems to me that the "will of the people" doesn't mean shit unless it "jives" with the collective wants and needs of the "state". You are one of the sheeple for sure.

(snicker)
Your use of the word "sheeple" helps sensible people define you. Now fuck off and persecute the Sandy Hook parents you sad fuck.

GET OUT AND VOTE !!!

(snicker)
Your use of the word "sheeple" helps sensible people define you. Now fuck off and persecute the Sandy Hook parents you sad fuck.

You are the one that believes un-elected bureaucrats in Brussels, Belgium should tell all E.U countries as to how things are gonna be. Sandy Hoax was a very poorly pulled off psy-op designed to pull at the heart strings of the masses...didn't work.

P.S Nothing "sad" about me...opening the eyes of those that have the ability for critical thinking is a good thing! You are one of the "sheeple"...no doubt about that.

GET OUT AND VOTE !!!
Young people let themselves down when they vote as they are instructed by pop singers. How about think for yourselves or don't vote at all?

GET OUT AND VOTE !!!
Young people let themselves down when they vote as they are instructed by pop singers. How about think for yourselves or don't vote at all?

RWNJ doesnt want people to vote shocker. #maga?

She listed a whole group of issues that are important to young people, and pretty much the whole civilised world. They are free to disagree and vote for the ME ME ME politics of the republicans.

Vote.org reported a huge surge in registrations around the country. In Tennessee, the same amount of people registered between Sunday and noon Tuesday as between May and September. More than 166,000 people across the country submitted new registrations in that time frame, 42% of whom were between the ages of 18 and 24, the site told the New York Times

How can you see that as a negative ?

GET OUT AND VOTE !!!
Most of her fans aren’t eligible to vote yet and the rest are too lazy to get themselves over to the polling stations.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back