Get government out of our lives

CaGOPatriot

Craig Williams
Feb 23, 2013
California
After losing his battle to stop the sale of extra large soft drinks New York mayor Bloomberg now wants to make stores keep tobacco products out of sight. Conservatives make it a point to mind their own business and don't tell their neighbors how to live or what to think or do or not do. As a Republican why doesn't Bloomberg act like a conservative? It is the liberals that always want to dictate how Americans should live. Bloomberg should keep out of people's lives.

NYC Anti-Smoking Campaign Would Keep Tobacco Products Out Of View In Stores

Bloomberg has the same personality type as Moabama, he wants to be king and impose his will on others. Both are mentally ill.

"When the Federal Reserve act was passed, the people of the United States did not perceive that... the United States were to be lowered to the position of a coolie country which has nothing but raw materials and heavy goods for export; that Russia [China, India...] was destined to supply the man power and that this country was to supply financial power to an international superstate -- a superstate controlled by international bankers and international industrialists acting together to enslave the world for their own pleasure."

Rep. Louis T. McFadden, June 10, 1932.

After losing his battle to stop the sale of extra large soft drinks New York mayor Bloomberg now wants to make stores keep tobacco products out of sight. Conservatives make it a point to mind their own business and don't tell their neighbors how to live or what to think or do or not do. As a Republican why doesn't Bloomberg act like a conservative? It is the liberals that always want to dictate how Americans should live. Bloomberg should keep out of people's lives.

No surprise here.

Rochester, MN, has a law that people cannot walk down the street smoking. They don't want to see it at all and imposed a fine if someone is spotted in public smoking. It's a matter of time before you can't smoke in your own yard. Some want to ban smoking in cars. And there are neighborhood associations that don't allow smoking in homes in their neighborhood.

They do everything short of banning them. Of course, banning them would mean giving up billions in revenue because of the ridiculously high taxes. They would never want that.

Making laws like this are designed to make people focus on smoking and then freak out and report it if they see cigarettes in stores or people smoking in public. It's the same mindset we see in schools when kids get suspended for paper torn into the shape of a gun or a fucking poptart that has a few bites out of it and barely resembles a gun shape.

By banning things and declaring them evil, it only calls more attention to it. People will be looking for gun shapes and cigarettes and then react just the way liberals want when they see them. They'll freak out and report it. Some people are so damn easy to train.

I wonder if they will ban fat people from places. Maybe Doomberg can set new rules for fast food places. First, close the drive through windows, then reduce the size of the entry doors so overweight people can't fit through. I bet Michael Moore would hate that. Of course, there would still be lawsuits because some people would get stuck in the door.

Or Nanny Doomberg can make a law similar to the rules in bars. Bartenders can't serve alcohol to patrons who appear drunk. Maybe waitresses will be banned from selling fatty foods to customers who appear to be overweight. Hey, McDonald's was already sued for making people fat, so the thing to do is have them refuse service to people who are clearly having health issues.

They also need to ban the use of EBT cards at fast food places. By having such loose rules on where people can blow the tax payer money they receive, the government is contributing to the obesity problem. Not to mention gambling and other complete wasteful things.

Doomberg is just itching to ban something and exert his control over people. Of course, once he does get his way with something, he still won't be satisfied. He'll move on to the next thing. They always do.

Last edited:
You know things have completely gone off the deep end when even Bill Maher thinks his income tax is too high and that government has gone too far with regulations like this. I'm paraphrasing but he basically said that the problem is that Democrats have never seen a regulation they didn't like. Essentially he said that the government should be encouraging us to eat and drink better but not to the point of regulating what we eat and drink.

I would love to hear what the Founding Fathers would say about something like that. King George taxing their tea was supposedly the final straw and caused us to Declare our Independence. And while it's true the King may have had the nerve to tax the tea but even he didn't have the absolute arrogance to try to tell them what size cups they could drink it out of.

You know things have completely gone off the deep end when even Bill Maher thinks his income tax is too high and that government has gone too far with regulations like this. I'm paraphrasing but he basically said that the problem is that Democrats have never seen a regulation they didn't like. Essentially he said that the government should be encouraging us to eat and drink better but not to the point of regulating what we eat and drink.

I would love to hear what the Founding Fathers would say about something like that. King George taxing their tea was supposedly the final straw and caused us to Declare our Independence. And while it's true the King may have had the nerve to tax the tea but even he didn't have the absolute arrogance to try to tell them what size cups they could drink it out of.

The Founding Fathers were staunch conservatives and the Republican Party of today has stayed with their Christian values and agenda.

Yes, Maher does seem to be distancing himself from Obammy's policies, of late:

Bill Maher Defends Iraq War, Bush: ?It?s A Country That?s Standing, I Thought It Wouldn?t Be? | Mediaite

During a panel discussion on the Iraq war tonight, Bill Maher had a somewhat surprising take on the Iraq War almost ten years to the day before it began.

Maher made it clear the cost of invading was more negative than positive, but asked the panel if there was some value gained by going in, because he admitted that in spite of originally thinking that Iraq would not be standing ten years down the road, “it’s actually doing better than I thought it would be.”

Rachel Maddow noted how Mitt Romney spoke of the Iraqi liberation in his CPAC address, saying that the GOP is still convinced the war was a good idea. Maher jumped in to argue that ten years down the road might not be the best way to judge the ultimate end result of the Iraq war, and admitted that he’s impressed with where the country is right now.

“If you looked at America in 1786, didn’t look that great, right? And I also must say, I’ve got to admit, it’s a country that’s standing. I thought it wouldn’t be. It’s actually doing better than I thought it would be. Is it a great country? No. Does it have a lot of problems? Yes. But there actually is a country standing there.”

Well the government is useless we either need to vote change or storm a few capitol buildings until they get the hint.

Dear OP...

1 - Bloomberg is not a Republican. He was a registered Democrat then he jumped ship and "became" a Republican to run for office. After a couple of years, he jumped again, becoming an "independent".

2 - He can't "act" as a Conservative. That would be the same as a Donkey trying to "act" as an Elephant.

The Founding Fathers were staunch conservatives and the Republican Party of today has stayed with their Christian values and agenda.

Surely you are jesting...

Most of today "Republicans" are nothing more than Democrat Lite, at least the older ones.

The young guns coming up such as Cruz, Rand and to a lesser extent, Rubio, are much more Conservative than the guys in the leadership positions.

Dear OP...

1 - Bloomberg is not a Republican. He was a registered Democrat then he jumped ship and "became" a Republican to run for office. After a couple of years, he jumped again, becoming an "independent".

2 - He can't "act" as a Conservative. That would be the same as a Donkey trying to "act" as an Elephant.

And Doomberg is clearly an ass.

What planet do you spend most of your time on? Conservatives are always telling everyone how to live. Women aren't smart enough to control their own bodies. Gays can't marry the people they love. Heaven forbid if you want to smoke a spliff. Bunch of damn puritans poking their noses in everybody's business. The idiotic big gulp ban is just another thing they can bug people about.

They do?

Since when?

On this very forum there are examples of conservatives who want government to dictate to Americans whether they may have children or not, whether they may marry or not, or with whom they may or may not have adult consensual sex.

Conservatives are the ultimate big government advocates, and the ones most opposed to dissent, diversity, and individual liberty.

Forum List

Back