Get Back In the Mines, You Damned Kids

Thousands losing their jobs to be replaces with people who can be paid less than minimum wage |: who'll be fired when they turn 20 or have been their 5 months and replaced with people who can be paid less than minimum wage. :|

Ok. Let's look at that potential.... If these people already have minimum wage jobs that can be replaced by a 15 year old, I'd suggest that they probably aren't the sort of people I'm concerned about to begin with. It's very likely that they're the sort of people who deserve to be out of work because they're facing the consequences of their own poor life decisions. Either that or they're immigrants (legal or otherwise) who probably shouldn't have been allowed into the country to begin with.

So now we see your bottom line. Any adult working a minimum wage job is useless to society and should be thrown to the wolves. If they aren't as well off as you, then they are just pieces of shit to be thrown out with the daily trash. At least you aren't hiding what you truly believe. Now we can understand much better what you think about society and people in general.

We've got a couple of issues here.....

First off, YES child labor IS a State Level issue. It is NOT something that the Federal Government is granted power to regulate in the US Constitution, unless those kids are being shipped across state lines to work. Those who disagree with this stance, please show me a specific enumerated power in the US Constitution, granting the US Government the RIGHT to regulate child labor or removing that RIGHT from the States.

(Since the law has been on the books (since what, the 1930's?) and has never been declared UN-Constitutional I would argue that it is, indeed Constitutional.)

Additionally, while I'm not in favor of everything that is on that list of changes, I would be in favor of a good number of them. Especially in rural areas, farming communities, and areas where the current preference is for illegal immigrant workers. I'm also in favor of allowing Home Schooling families to modify their lesson plans and timing to allow kids to work during the regular business day, so long as their grades are kept up.

(Uhhhh....agriculture has a list of special provisions under the law that allows utilization for the use of family members on the family farms.)

Nobody is going to be sending 8 year olds back into coal mines. So let's throw those stupid strawman arguements out the window right now. However, many families could use the extra income, it would help keep a lot of kids off the streets, make it easier for those who have dropped out of school to support themselves, and generally decrease the influence of the Federal Government in people's lives.... all things which I agree with whole-heartedly.

I guess the same arguments can be made regarding gun laws. But many say that gun laws open the door for the Feds bashing down your door and confiscating your firearms. So is this a path we REALLY want to go down?

So now we see your bottom line. Any adult working a minimum wage job is useless to society and should be thrown to the wolves. If they aren't as well off as you, then they are just pieces of shit to be thrown out with the daily trash. At least you aren't hiding what you truly believe. Now we can understand much better what you think about society and people in general.

Any adult working a minimum wage CAREER, while maybe not worthless to society, is not the sort of person that I am going to have a lot of sympathy for in most cases. The majority of those people are doing so because of mistakes THEY CHOSE TO MAKE in their own lives. They dropped out of school. They got arrested for committing a crime. They ended up as unwed mothers. Nobody forced them to do these things. They made the decisions themselves (intentionally or not).

Personally, I go out of my way to assist the few people that I know who I believe have been/are in that sort of position through little or no fault of their own. Outside of that, I have zero compassion or sympathy for them.

I've never hidden that fact from anyone. I have little use for humanity in general and pretty much no use for modern American/Western society at all.

(Since the law has been on the books (since what, the 1930's?) and has never been declared UN-Constitutional I would argue that it is, indeed Constitutional.)

I would argue that there hasn't been a valid government in this country to make that decision since 1860, so that's pretty much a moot point in my mind.

[I guess the same arguments can be made regarding gun laws. But many say that gun laws open the door for the Feds bashing down your door and confiscating your firearms. So is this a path we REALLY want to go down?

As a law abiding and responsible gun owner myself, I have no issue with reasonable firearms laws. I have no issue with requiring a permit. I do have some issues with how certain states issue (or don't issue) those permits. I have a significant problem with the idea of registering firearms.

There is a reasonable level of regulation on both of these issues. The issue in my mind is that I believe labor is a state issue, whereas I believe the Federal Government should be the authority handing out "Shall Issue" firearms licenses to anyone who requests one and does not have a disqualifying factor on their record.

as would be your wining about thew law and COTUS

Good to know the government became invalid when slavery was threatened :thup:

Wow. Two different people in less than a couple hours who actually think that slavery was the important issue of the Civil War. I do have to thank you people. Comments like that make it much easier to ensure that all of you who belong on the Ignore List eventually make it there.

Buh Bye.

as would be your wining about thew law and COTUS

Good to know the government became invalid when slavery was threatened :thup:

Wow. Two different people in less than a couple hours who actually think that slavery was the important issue of the Civil War. I do have to thank you people. Comments like that make it much easier to ensure that all of you who belong on the Ignore List eventually make it there.

Buh Bye.
Great, another moron who thinks the U.S.A. has ever seen a civil war. It hasn't. Not yet, anyway.

idiot

Just think if there were no minimum wage laws people would be out there working for $2 an hour. America the ONCE great.

Started working on tobbaco farms when I was younger (13-15 not sure when I started). I do not think children should be forced to work.

Forum List

Back