Germany Rejects Trump’s Claim It Owes NATO And U.S. ‘Vast Sums’ For Defense

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
“There is no debt account at NATO,” Germany’s Minister Of Defence said.

BERLIN, March 19 (Reuters) - German Defence Minister Ursula von der Leyen on Sunday rejected U.S. President Donald Trump’s claim that Germany owes NATO and the United States “vast sums” of money for defense.

“There is no debt account at NATO,” von der Leyen said in a statement, adding that it was wrong to link the alliance’s target for members to spend 2 percent of their economic output on defense by 2024 solely to NATO.

“Defense spending also goes into UN peacekeeping missions, into our European missions and into our contribution to the fight against IS terrorism,” von der Leyen said.

She said everyone wanted the burden to be shared fairly and for that to happen it was necessary to have a “modern security concept” that included a modern NATO but also a European defense union and investment in the United Nations.

More: Germany Rejects Trump's Claim It Owes NATO And U.S. 'Vast Sums' For Defense

So, is Trump lying - again?

Ya, Donnie is a dope that does not have even an elementary grasp of what goes on in the world.

BERLIN, March 19 (Reuters) - German Defence Minister Ursula von der Leyen on Sunday rejected U.S. President Donald Trump’s claim that Germany owes NATO and the United States “vast sums” of money for defense.

“There is no debt account at NATO,” von der Leyen said in a statement, adding that it was wrong to link the alliance’s target for members to spend 2 percent of their economic output on defense by 2024 solely to NATO.

“Defense spending also goes into UN peacekeeping missions, into our European missions and into our contribution to the fight against IS terrorism,” von der Leyen said.

She said everyone wanted the burden to be shared fairly and for that to happen it was necessary to have a “modern security concept” that included a modern NATO but also a European defense union and investment in the United Nations.

More: Germany Rejects Trump's Claim It Owes NATO And U.S. 'Vast Sums' For Defense

It does them along with many other NATO countries are required by treaty to spend something around 4% on defense. They have not and relied on the United States to in a way subsidize that cost for them, in other words the US has this, we don't have to spend that much.

I was wrong, it's only 2%, and yes they are missing that mark by a long shot haha.

Only the US and Estonia are meeting NATO's defence budget goals

Lakota, you stupid fucking dimestore Indian, you are such an un-American coil of dog shit! It is beyond doubt that in the past 20 years the US has disproportionately "shared" the financial burdens of international security. Stop being such a dishonest douche,

Trump reminds me so much of an ex I had. He would lie and then get caught lying almost immediately after lying. My ex wouldn't lie about being with other women or anything , he would lie about stupid shit like how much money he spent on things, if he ate the last of something. Lying was like a hobby of his.

I believe lying is Trump's hobby. He enjoys doing it.

Instead of accusing trump of lying why don't ewe libtards tells us what the truth is?

Instead of accusing trump of lying why don't ewe libtards tells us what the truth is?

One must be mentally equipped to process truth.

How is lying about this? The fact Germany haven't been spending 2% on defense? You keep saying lies but aren't backing it up.

That's like me saying I don't think your really Native American, but a 5% wannabe, over and over

One must be mentally equipped to process truth.
And you get your "truth" from Rachel Madcow. f1w687.jpg
I seriously doubt your mental capacity for truth.

Anybody who contradicts Trump has the weight of credibility heavily on their side.
Thats just a result of his inability to tell the truth.

Trump is right. Germany has the #1 economy in Europe, and one of the top economies in the world. It does need to contribute more. But that being said, i'd be fine with NATO being disbanded. It's an incredibly costly obsolete entity. Another Globalist Elite invention that should go away.

Forum List

Back