Germany Preparing For A Trump Win After Iowa

According to Gigi everything it kumbaya and there is nothing to fear in this world.

Except a Trump presidency of course. :laughing0301:

Far-lefties like to claim that the far-right is paranoid and that could be true to some extent. To a much greater extent, far-lefties are as naive and clueless as an average 6-year-old.

Of course, the entire world knows that Trump may pull the US out of NATO.

It makes our enemies very happy.

Why? I mean Europe doesn't have anything to worry about, right? Isn't that why many of the Western European countries spend much more on their social frills than national defense?

The NATO is a defense alliance and no government. Germany pays for the NATO institutions the same money as the whole titanic USA is doing. If we would pay 75% less than this would still be fair. And everyone in this defense alliance has an own army financed from the own population. And this armies and nations can do whatever they like to do or not to do. They have to agree when they make common projects. Or do you really think the US-army is under control of the NATO? That's the same with every other member of the NATO. The members of the NATO are free nations and not a part of the USA.
If all of you have your own armies then you don't need the US then, do you? Pay for your own defense, 100%.

Are you really this naïve? Do you really think we have bases in 85 countries to defend those countries?
Yes. But, I do admit that we are the world's policemen and that does help with world security overall. Just like WWII, if we didn't get involved, Hitler would have eventually gotten us too. But the reality is, in the here and now, NATO is defending other countries, not the US. They are the ones who border Russia, and NATO was generally formed to protect these countries from Russia.

You understand corretcly when I say now to you "You are a typical US-asshole who has not any lousy idea about how to speak correctly with a German." But don't worry: I threw my education into a waste paper basket before I tried to speak with US-Americans. But a question: Are you sure you know what is "critics"?
I'm not the one calling you names, which actually makes you the asshole.

Yes. But, I do admit that we are the world's policemen and that does help with world security overall. Just like WWII, if we didn't get involved, Hitler would have eventually gotten us too. But the reality is, in the here and now, NATO is defending other countries, not the US. They are the ones who border Russia, and NATO was generally formed to protect these countries from Russia.

We are in all those countries, including NATO, out of our own selfish self interest. We are not doing it for them

He has no plans to pull the US out of NATO, as long as they pay for their own defense instead of mooching off us. If they refuse to pay for their own defense, then, yes, we will pull out of NATO. Of course they don't like that because they want us to foot most of the bill to defend them, while they use the savings on their citizens, while we can't because we are the ones footing their bill.

We are in all those countries, including NATO, out of our own selfish self interest. We are not doing it for them
We were talking about NATO, not other stuff. NATO was formed as a deterrent to Russia and most NATO countries are either on Russia's border or close to it and NATO mostly defends them from Russian aggression and we pay most of the money to defend those countries.

We were talking about NATO, not other stuff. NATO was formed as a deterrent to Russia and most NATO countries are either on Russia's border or close to it and NATO mostly defends them from Russian aggression and we pay most of the money to defend those countries.

And you think we are doing so out of the goodness of our own heart! :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :cheers2:

And you think we are doing so out of the goodness of our own heart! :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :cheers2:
I already stated that NATO was all about containing Russia which, in the long run, benefits us as we would have eventually fallen to Hitler in WWII if we had not gotten involved. But, that doesn't change the fact that NATO is mostly about defending the countries in the Russian neighborhood in the short term.

Or perhaps they just do not live in a constant state of fear from this boogieman or that one
Then the US should pull out of Europe.

NATO should have been dissolved decades ago.
What means we did not need you? Sure! But without you World War 1+2 and the Cold War would only have been half the fun.

How do you measure your fibre temperature? In your bum with a canning thermometer?
Are you on LSD?

Forum List

Back