German home schooling family seeks asylum in U.S.

I'm not dismissing a point, in fact I haven't addressed it at all. All I did was inform you that Bones lives real close to East Tenn so she probably knows a few east Tennesseans, which appears to qualify her opinions about that region better than you.

Not really. That only qualifies her to say that she lives close to it. Doesn't qualify her to say anything about homeschoolers necessarily, nor does it qualify her to take that snotty attitude toward the education exhibited by others, particularly in light of her own English skills.

By the way, I live an hour from the Mexican border. Am I qualified to say that all Mexicans are ignorant, drunken peasants?

Not really. That only qualifies her to say that she lives close to it. Doesn't qualify her to say anything about homeschoolers necessarily, nor does it qualify her to take that snotty attitude toward the education exhibited by others, particularly in light of her own English skills.

By the way, I live an hour from the Mexican border. Am I qualified to say that all Mexicans are ignorant, drunken peasants?
Again, I'm not defending her attitude or or grammar skills. But I am familiar with the area that she lives in, and I know that it attracts people from all over, including international visitors. Many come over from East Tenn for day jobs, in fact I made the mistake of hiring two myself once. I've also hired Mexicans with much, much better results.

So let me see if I've got this right. These parents don't want their children to learn about evolution so they decided to homeschool them, and Germany compelled them to send their kids to public school. These parents are now illegal immigrants in East Tenn and have been welcomed with open arms by the morons that live in that part of the country.

There is some heavy irony happening here.
My experience in life has taught me that there are many different types of intelligence. I have spent a large part of my life working in technical fields. (Nuclear Power and Data Communications). In those fields I have met many highly intelligent people with little common sense. Out in the country I have met a lot of people with darn good common sense but with little aptitude for technical matters.

If I had to chose the company of one or the other, I'd take the country folk any day of the week, especially if they break out some of their home made wine or home brew. Life is good out in the country. God loves those people.

Forum List

Back