Georgia school brings back paddling for punishment

Only 1/3 of parents gave permission to do this. No way would I give permission for them to do this my child. But then again, they wouldn't have to as my child is taught properly at home.

its a good thing , alright with me but i don't know if it does any good . Nowadays a kid gets paddled and the kid will say that the paddler was visibly aroused and parents , media , yada , yada will agree and then sue and talk about kids RIGHTS and feelings all over the media on specially convened talk shows discussion groups and special panels .

It’s a shame the school district didn’t beat any sense into Odium.

I’m not a parent, but if I were, I wouldn’t allow someone else to hit my child.

Who the hell are these people to decide what’s worthy of corporal punishment for other people’s children?

I don’t have a problem with corporal punishment, it should only be done by parents, legal guardians, or trusted adult family members.

I never worried to much about getting pops as we called them.
I was more concerned about the ass whipping I knew was coming when I got home.
YEP! My fathers hand across my ass still brings back memories and my mother had TWO paddles one of which was broken over my ass I still take pride in that LOL.

Who the hell are these people to decide what’s worthy of corporal punishment for other people’s children?

I don’t have a problem with corporal punishment, it should only be done by parents, legal guardians, or trusted adult family members.
Used to be very common....even back then parents had to give permission. Mine did. Even now the article says parents will be notified BEFORE it happens.

Had it at my high school. Parents knew up front when enrolling their sons that corporal punishment was part of the program if needed. Speaking of which, including myself I didn’t know anyone who ever got paddled a second time in their four years.

I never worried to much about getting pops as we called them.
I was more concerned about the ass whipping I knew was coming when I got home.
YEP! My fathers hand across my ass still brings back memories and my mother had TWO paddles one of which was broken over my ass I still take pride in that LOL.

My Old man would fuck with us.
He'd tell us to go wait in the barn and then commence to walking out the backdoor ......and then he'd go back inside.....several times.
The suspense was worse than the ass whipping.

Only 1/3 of parents gave permission to do this. No way would I give permission for them to do this my child. But then again, they wouldn't have to as my child is taught properly at home.
I second this. If the kids are already getting such a punishment at home whether they deserve it or not, they had better not be getting it anywhere else. In my opinion, anyone who kicks a person that is already down are the real ones in need of a good butt kicking!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Georgia school reinstating paddling to punish students

Good. I got that as a student I never realized they had gotten rid of it!

It's something you find in education, that education is supposed to be about learning stuff so you're better able to do things. So you're more intelligent in making decisions.

But often those people who run education are the antonym of intelligence. They're people who fail to understand, fail to learn and fall back on failed practices because they ran out of ideas before they even started.

I disagree.
It teach's kids to respect authority and adults,unlike todays kids who mouth off to teachers and adults in general.
What does it teach kids when they know there will no consequences for their actions?

The school gave parents the option to opt in or out. Good move in that regard and it's really nobody's business after that

Nothing wrong with corporal punishment, if you had more of it there would be less problems with authority in schools instead of students knowing they won't face consequences if they act up. A little more at home may help also

I disagree.
It teach's kids to respect authority and adults,unlike todays kids who mouth off to teachers and adults in general.
What does it teach kids when they know there will no consequences for their actions?
Never heard of school shooting back in the day of the paddle! Ya, I got it a couple times I did not deserve it, but I just veiwed it as punishment for what I got away with!

Forum List

Back