George Zimmerman: Homeless, Jobless, Has PTSD. But no regrets!

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Other notable moments in Zimmerman’s interview, seven months after the trial:

• He says he never realized that Martin was unarmed, but that Martin was clearly trying to grab the gun from him.
  • He initially thought that his bullet had missed Martin and potentially struck a neighbor’s house.
  • He expresses no regrets about the shooting.
  • He has a debt of $2.5 million owed to his lawyers, Mark O’Mara and Don West. He has raised more than $300,000 from online donors and said he hopes to collect additional funds through a lawsuit he’s filed against NBC News over an edited 911 call, which he alleges made him look racist because a question and answer were mixed.
  • He says he hasn't collected welfare and will work as a cook if he has to. He’s living off his family for now.
  • He blames sensationalized media coverage for making him notorious, saying people recognize him everywhere because “of what the press did with the incident in 2012, in February.”

George Zimmerman says he's homeless and suffers from PTSD - latimes.com

He's living off his family right now. Why? If he can be a cook, go be a cook. What's he waiting for?

And what's the hold up on the NBC/MSNBC court case.

• Banned
SANFORD - George Zimmerman this week countersued his estranged wife, Shellie, for divorce.

What they'll be fighting over: Their two dogs, who pays the divorce lawyers and who pays for the $2.5 million or more in debt they've racked up.

The overwhelming majority of that debt is what George Zimmerman owes criminal defense attorneys Mark O'Mara and Don West.

Oh, my word. He's counter-suing for divorce (happy Valentine's Day!) because he thinks she should have to pay half the legal bills!

George Zimmerman divorce - Orlando Sentinel

• He says he never realized that Martin was unarmed, but that Martin was clearly trying to grab the gun from him.
  • He initially thought that his bullet had missed Martin and potentially struck a neighbor’s house.
  • He has a debt of $2.5 million owed to his lawyers, Mark O’Mara and Don West. He has raised more than $300,000 from online donors and said he hopes to collect additional funds through a lawsuit he’s filed against NBC News over an edited 911 call, which he alleges made him look racist because a question and answer were mixed.
  • He says he hasn't collected welfare and will work as a cook if he has to. He’s living off his family for now.
  • He blames sensationalized media coverage for making him notorious, saying people recognize him everywhere because “of what the press did with the incident in 2012, in February.”

He's living off his family right now. Why? If he can be a cook, go be a cook. What's he waiting for?

In the same interview he says he lives in fear of his life, probably why he does not have a job. Lawsuits seem to take sometime and given MSNBC inferred before the trial ended that "if Zimmerman was found guilty" he would have no case against them, its probably given Zimmerman more fuel. An article I found dated December 2013 says the lawsuit is still 'ongoing'.

If you do good, good is returned to you.

If you do bad, bad is returned to you.

Sounds like Karma is catching up to Zimmerman, and he's not really happy about it.

Agreed Boop, if he is willing to work as a cook, why is it that he's still living off of his family? For several years after I retired, I couldn't find a job in the type of field that I'd worked in the Navy (Personnel, and the reason was that I was "overqualified", meaning they didn't want to hire me because I'd been in the military. Many people were skittish at hiring vets at the time I'd retired), and because of that, I was willing to work at damn near any job I could get. I'd been a bartender, short order cook in a bar, short order cook in a restaurant, cook in a strip bar (they served steak dinners), as well as worked at a stone casting place.

If Zimmerman is willing to work, why isn't he? Probably because it's easier to sponge off his parents than actually find a job.

ABikerSailor....maybe he is not working as a cook because nobody will hire him. It would be a circus for any employer even contemplating hiring him.
He could be flipping burgers in the back but how fast would word spread he was there doing his job and the circus comes to town to take a look?

Last edited:
ABikerSailor....maybe he is not working as a cook because nobody will hire him. It would be a circus for any employer even contemplating hiring him.
He could be flipping burgers in the back but how fast would word spread he was there doing his job and the circus comes to town to take a look?

That is a good possibility, I didn't think about that one.

However...................like I said before, it looks like Karma has decided to have a little chat with Zimmerman.

I hope he makes it through.

A quick look at Zimmerman's life basically shows that he's where he wants to be.

While he probably would have been happier if he'd become a cop? He wouldn't have lasted.

He likes what he does. And he loves the spotlight.

Making fun of his PTSD? That's low. And here I go thinking you couldn't get any more despicable. Grow up.

Hey stupid.............mentioning the condition that someone has isn't making fun of them.

Here's what she actually said.......................

George Zimmerman: Homeless, Jobless, Has PTSD. But no regrets!

She was simply stating his status, as well as how he feels. I challenge you to prove how this is making fun of his PTSD.

Try again stupid.

Making fun of his PTSD? That's low. And here I go thinking you couldn't get any more despicable. Grow up.

Kind of an insult to soldiers who suffer real PTSD for this bully and loser to claim he has it.

Maybe he's got PMS, and he got confused.

Yanno......................that's a question that I've been wondering since I saw this thread. How the fuck did Zimmerman get PTSD? What (or who) caused it? Has he been diagnosed, or is he just using it as a crutch to gain sympathy from the public?

If Zimmerman wants sympathy from me, I'll tell him exactly where he can get it............somewhere between "shit" and "syphilis" in the dictionary.

George Zimmerman is no more homeless than I am. No, I don't own a home. I rent my sister's lower level.

He's not living on the streets, or out of his vehicle. He is just not a homeowner at this point in time.

George Zimmerman is no more homeless than I am. No, I don't own a home. I rent my sister's lower level.

He's not living on the streets, or out of his vehicle. He is just not a homeowner at this point in time.

You know..............by that definition, I could be considered homeless, as I rent a room on a monthly basis from a friend of mine, but I've lived here for over 8 years.

Matter of fact, ANYONE that rents a room or an apartment could be considered homeless.

Zimmerman is looking for sympathy. Like I said, he can find it in the dictionary somewhere between "shit" and "syphilis".

Forum List

Back