George Will on Gay Marriage

You don't really believe that. To prove:

Why should someone pay a greater percentage in taxes just because they are better at earning money than other people?

Because laws have been passed, tax laws, that state that. But please...state your case that tax rates are civil rights.

Wow. You really aren't very bright. That we have a law does not mean we have equal treatment. I mean, you just negated the very premise the fags are trying to argue.

LOL

That is true....but if you ever bothered to read the 14th amendment, it states that equal treatment under the law. Those making the same amount of money are treated the same, are they not? If citizen A made as much as citizen B....but had to pay more....that is unequal. If citizen A paid as much as citizen B...but didn't recieve the same government services....that is unequal.

Because laws have been passed, tax laws, that state that. But please...state your case that tax rates are civil rights.

Wow. You really aren't very bright. That we have a law does not mean we have equal treatment. I mean, you just negated the very premise the fags are trying to argue.

LOL

That is true....but if you ever bothered to read the 14th amendment, it states that equal treatment under the law. Those making the same amount of money are treated the same, are they not? If citizen A made as much as citizen B....but had to pay more....that is unequal. If citizen A paid as much as citizen B...but didn't recieve the same government services....that is unequal.

You mean like separate but equal drinking fountains?

LOL

Moron.

Sorry, poop splat.

Normal people find gays gross.

The best they can hope for is to be tolerated.

See: History of the World

Let's see....History of the World.

Normal people killed each other over religion. The U.S. isn't normal then.

Normal people married for power, possessions, property...arranged by parents. The U.S. isn't normal then.

Normal people were racist. The U.S. isn't normal then.

Normal people were peasants who rarely went more than 10 miles from their place of birth. The U.S. isn't normal then.

Normal people were illiterate. The U.S. isn't normal then.

Thank you for supporting World History "normal" in your own way.

Nice list of non-sequiturs. My point stands.

Normal people find fags to be somewhat disgusting. Always have.

See: History of World Civilizations

The Greece of Athens and Sparta?

Let's see....History of the World.

Normal people killed each other over religion. The U.S. isn't normal then.

Normal people married for power, possessions, property...arranged by parents. The U.S. isn't normal then.

Normal people were racist. The U.S. isn't normal then.

Normal people were peasants who rarely went more than 10 miles from their place of birth. The U.S. isn't normal then.

Normal people were illiterate. The U.S. isn't normal then.

Thank you for supporting World History "normal" in your own way.

Nice list of non-sequiturs. My point stands.

Normal people find fags to be somewhat disgusting. Always have.

See: History of World Civilizations

The Greece of Athens and Sparta?

Or Persia or Rome (until the christians destroyed it)?

Absolute straight. And what other people do in their bedroom is none of my damned business.

Snippy is the first to cry 'freedom', and the first to deny it for other people in the sphere of their private lives. Strange how that works for these 'Conservatives' here.

LOL

You mean like separate but equal drinking fountains?

LOL

Moron.
Separate but equal is unconstitutional. Ergo, civil unions for gays and marriages for straights will not work. But you knew that, right?

Sorry, poop splat.

Same-sex attitudes and behaviors in ancient Rome often differ markedly from those of the contemporary West. Latin lacks words that would precisely translate "homosexual" and "heterosexual." The primary dichotomy of ancient Roman sexuality was active/dominant/masculine and passive/submissive/"feminized". Roman society was patriarchal, and the freeborn male citizen possessed political liberty (libertas) and the right to rule both himself and those of his household (familia).

Records of men who have sex with men in Japan date back to ancient times. Western scholars have identified these as evidence of homosexuality in Japan.
There were few laws restricting sexual behavior in Japan before the early modern period. Anal sodomy was restricted by legal prohibition in 1873, but the provision was repealed only seven years later by the Penal Code of 1880 in accordance with the Napoleonic Code.

Source 1: Homosexuality in ancient Rome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Source 2: Homosexuality in Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since 2000, eleven countries (Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, South Africa, and Sweden) and several sub-national jurisdictions of Brazil, Mexico and the United States have begun to allow same-sex couples to marry.

Source 3: Same-sex marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How do you enjoy becoming a fossil?

dinos in a tar pit is what I call them.

soon their heads will be fully in the tar and they wont bother us sane people anymore

George Will is only recognizing the inevitable

Gay Marriage will be the law of the land within the next few years. Nine States allow it outright. California and New Jersey are on the fringe of legalizing. Once DOMA is struck down as unsconstitutional, the remaining states on the fence will allow it

That will leave the Bible Belt states who have it banned in their Constitution against the majority of the country. With married gay people moving between states and the federal government recognizing gay unions, it will only be a matter of time before the courts rule it legal across the board

By then......most people will not care

I wonder if that is why the court took these issues this time arround.

They want to purge the republican party of this issue.

make them give it up so the republican party has a better chance of rebuilding

Sorry, poop splat.

Same-sex attitudes and behaviors in ancient Rome often differ markedly from those of the contemporary West. Latin lacks words that would precisely translate "homosexual" and "heterosexual." The primary dichotomy of ancient Roman sexuality was active/dominant/masculine and passive/submissive/"feminized". Roman society was patriarchal, and the freeborn male citizen possessed political liberty (libertas) and the right to rule both himself and those of his household (familia).

Records of men who have sex with men in Japan date back to ancient times. Western scholars have identified these as evidence of homosexuality in Japan.
There were few laws restricting sexual behavior in Japan before the early modern period. Anal sodomy was restricted by legal prohibition in 1873, but the provision was repealed only seven years later by the Penal Code of 1880 in accordance with the Napoleonic Code.

Source 1: Homosexuality in ancient Rome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Source 2: Homosexuality in Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since 2000, eleven countries (Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, South Africa, and Sweden) and several sub-national jurisdictions of Brazil, Mexico and the United States have begun to allow same-sex couples to marry.

Source 3: Same-sex marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How do you enjoy becoming a fossil?

yawn.

You are supporting the facts I present. At best, normal people will only borderline tolerate fag marriage.

We find it gross.

yawn.

You are supporting the facts I present. At best, normal people will only borderline tolerate fag marriage.

We find it gross.

I don't find it gross.
I find it none of my business.

I only support gay marriage because I want people to shut up. Once it becomes a non-issue we can move on to more important things.

Gay marriage will always be 'opposed.' It is sick and unnatural.

(See: history of civilization)

The best that can be hoped for is that it will be tolerated, as it has in many civilizations previously just prior to their collapse.

Which civilizatoins would those be?

I imagine you are going to repeat some meme about the Roman Empire you have heard which is easily dispensed with. But go right ahead.

yawn.

We find it gross.

I don't find it gross.
I find it none of my business.

I only support gay marriage because I want people to shut up. Once it becomes a non-issue we can move on to more important things.

From your tag line, I see you are probably one of those narco-Libertarian, anti-government types.

I said normal people.

they just love to make the group allowed to deside the law smaller and smaller.

That is why they hate democracy so much

Sorry, poop splat.

The best Jews can hope for is to be tolerated.

See: History of the World.

There is nothing new about the abnormality of homosexuality.

The history of civilization proves the best gays can hope for is to be tolerated.

Normal people find them gross and yucky.

You ain't normal so why listen to you?

I am also not demanding special rights.

Yes, you are demanding special rights. People like you demanded to be the only ones allowed to ride at the front of the bus. People like you demanded to be the only ones to eat at the Whites Only lunch counter.

People like you demand to be the only ones to file a married tax return and collect Social Security survivor benefits.

You want all the special privileges given to you by law to be maintained, at the exclusion of people you hate.

When you see someone asking for the same special privileges, your twisted stunted little mind things THEY are the ones asking for something extra.

What a clueless idiot you are.

yawn.

We find it gross.

Of course you do. That's because you are a bigot.

Bigots find a black man kissing a white woman to be gross, too. But we don't let the bigots decide to outlaw their marriage, either.

Forum List

Back