George W. Bush's most impressive feat in the White House

So wrong it's not even funny. The party has been broken for years. What you'll find is that Bush was the last straw in a very big haystack. Guess what happens when something completely breaks down? Those involved put the pieces back together and come out stronger than they were before. So, if anything, Bush's failed administration is the wake up call Republicans needed. Expect to see a strong candidate come out in 2016.

It all goes in cycles.

The Republicans will come back.

These "flog Bush" threads are so helpful in healing our country. I'm really glad to see all of this "hope" and "change" in action. I just wish it was easier to distinguish it from the bile and divisiveness of the past. :doubt:

Seriously, you can do anything you want. You can choose to try to unite and lift us up, or you can choose to wallow in the mud. If you fancy yourself a patriot then do what you think is best for your country. That's what I'm doing. I don't think Obama is going to save us, but I'm willing to give his presidency a chance, you don't see me posting hateful diatribes about him or calling his supporters idiots. I want to see our country succeed. Do you?

These "flog Bush" threads are so helpful in healing our country. I'm really glad to see all of this "hope" and "change" in action. I just wish it was easier to distinguish it from the bile and divisiveness of the past. :doubt:

Seriously, you can do anything you want. You can choose to try to unite and lift us up, or you can choose to wallow in the mud. If you fancy yourself a patriot then do what you think is best for your country. That's what I'm doing. I don't think Obama is going to save us, but I'm willing to give his presidency a chance, you don't see me posting hateful diatribes about him or calling his supporters idiots. I want to see our country succeed. Do you?

Amanda you seriously need to give up on the idea that "we should work together for the good of the country" It's never gonna happen, and if you think back on how the Bush haters transferred that hatred to McCain/Palin you will see what I am talking about. I seriously hope Obama and his policies fail, cause if they don't this country will be destroyed.

It's all the same process. To fix the problems, we must first take a good hard look at how Bush broke everything.

Amanda, I don't think Ravi was being malicious, just humorous.

I wasn't going after Ravi specifically, I'm just so weary of the derision being poured on Bush. It's such a pointless exercise. If people really believe in all this "Change" stuff, well, it's time to go ahead and put that into action.

Bush trashed the Constitution, broke the army, broke the budget, and ruined America's reputation.

That's just the big stuff. The little stuff runs on for pages.

Except that he didn't and if you start from a flawed premise you're going to fail to reach a meaningful conclusion.

I wasn't going after Ravi specifically, I'm just so weary of the derision being poured on Bush. It's such a pointless exercise. If people really believe in all this "Change" stuff, well, it's time to go ahead and put that into action.

I hear you. I'm not into derision either.

Amanda you seriously need to give up on the idea that "we should work together for the good of the country" It's never gonna happen, and if you think back on how the Bush haters transferred that hatred to McCain/Palin you will see what I am talking about. I seriously hope Obama and his policies fail, cause if they don't this country will be destroyed.

Maybe I'm hopelessly idealistic. I really think that if enough of us will put down our differences we can make better progress than if we continually fight each other.

I think I may have ya beat.

Let's try....lying to Congress to start a war, blackmailing Congress into funding an unnecessary troop deployment, war crimes in Abu Ghuraib and Guantanamo, widespread fraud among contractors in Iraq, illegal wiretaps, illegal detentions, illegal overseas prisons, illegal torture, illegally concealing evidence from the court in detainee cases, criminal irresponsibility in wrecking the military which puts us at risk from our enemies, criminal incompetence in destroying America’s position on the world stage, the illegal use of diplomats to sell Bush propaganda, violating the Constitution with the Patriot Act, and keeping people behind bars even when proved innocent.

...and subverting the U.S. justice system by making it into a weapon with which to attack political enemies, firing U.S. attorney for political reasons, the illegal exposure of Valerie Plame, the illegal signing statements which unconstitutionally infringe upon congressional power, illegally defying subpoenas, illegally destroying emails and other records in violation of a court order, criminal incompetence in FEMA and the Department of Homeland Security, illegally risking American lives by muzzling the surgeon general and emasculating the EPA, criminally putting children at risk by concealing information about the risks of baby formula under pressure from lobbyists, violating the Constitution by targeting a Democratic governor with bogus indictments, illegally bypassing Congress with executive orders and administrative actions, putting the U.S. government into bankruptcy, impeding the surgeon general from giving American life-saving information, sending thugs to disrupt officials from counting votes while screaming “don’t count the votes!”, and trying to convert the Vice Presidency into a fourth branch of government with no oversight.

I am saying Obama was supposed to be a new kind of politician. (not like Washington) and he isn't.

Maybe I'm hopelessly idealistic. I really think that if enough of us will put down our differences we can make better progress than if we continually fight each other.

I know, and believe me it's a worthy dream. It's just never gonna be reality. The McCain/Palin nastiness was a defining moment.

Forum List

Back