Generational wealth

Your opinion and you know how much that means to me
It's a reality I see every day. Why do you think cheap junk manufactured overseas gets bought in vastly larger numbers than expensive stuff manufactured in the States? Because it's cheaper and people want to pay lower prices. They look at TV's and reason that they want to pay $200 now for one and in two years get a bigger one for $250 instead of paying $400 for one now and not replacing it for 5 years. Why do you think unions are having such a hard time maintaining their grip on the labor market? Because people won't pay the inflated prices they would have to in order to pay union wages. It's not just my opinion.

It's a reality I see every day. Why do you think cheap junk manufactured overseas gets bought in vastly larger numbers than expensive stuff manufactured in the States? Because it's cheaper and people want to pay lower prices. They look at TV's and reason that they want to pay $200 now for one and in two years get a bigger one for $250 instead of paying $400 for one now and not replacing it for 5 years. Why do you think unions are having such a hard time maintaining their grip on the labor market? Because people won't pay the inflated prices they would have to in order to pay union wages. It's not just my opinion.

Because our culture demands it and cultural attitudes change all the time.

Why do you think everything is set in stone?

Because our culture demands it and cultural attitudes change all the time.

Why do you think everything is set in stone?
Oh, it's not set in stone, but it's going to take a MASSIVE shift to cause people to reject lower prices in favor of higher ones when they are already paying about as much as they can afford. You've heard of the elderly needing to choose between a meal and a prescription, wait until that meal costs twice as much.

Oh, it's not set in stone, but it's going to take a MASSIVE shift to cause people to reject lower prices in favor of higher ones when they are already paying about as much as they can afford. You've heard of the elderly needing to choose between a meal and a prescription, wait until that meal costs twice as much.

The prices can stay low it's getting people to stop buying shit so they can feel like they are rich that will be the change needed

The prices can stay low it's getting people to stop buying shit so they can feel like they are rich that will be the change needed
I wish you all the luck in the world. It's a laudable goal, but I think impossible.

I wish you all the luck in the world. It's a laudable goal, but I think impossible.

Not really a goal more of a point of view.

I'm going to be dead and gone before consumerism really does its work on the economy and people in general

Forum List

Back