Gaza Freedom Flotilla Attacked, 2 killed 50 Injured - Israeli Murder and Piracy

A little thing called Maritime Law. You can do the specific search if you want, I don't have the hours it would take to find the articles covering this issue. You can also search the National Archives database for relevant historical precedence. Try again.

U.N. Human Rights Chief: Israel's Blockade of Gaza Strip Is Illegal
United Nations human rights chief Navi Pillay on Friday accused Israel of violating the rules of warfare with its blockade stopping people and goods from moving in or out of the Gaza Strip.
In a 34-page report on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Pillay also called on Israel to stop expanding its West Bank settlements and punish all settlers who attack Palestinians.

U.N. Human Rights Chief: Israel's Blockade of Gaza Strip Is Illegal - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

Of course you know I put little to no stock in the UN. In my humble but accurate opinion they are a joke and a tool.

It's a huge PR photo op.

Israel told Turkey not to send the ships in. Turkey tried to force the ships from the terrorists into Israel's land. Israel tried to stop them, they didn't stop.

Then when Israeli commandos went on the ship, they attacked them, and used their guns against them.

And yet, their the victims:cuckoo:

If they truely wanted to send aid, they could have docked in the port of Ashdod, Tel-Aviv. It would have been unloaded and sent there, but they wanted to stage their huge propoganda event.

i still haven't been able to see the video yet and i haven't been able to sort a few things out. i'm kinda busy doing other things and i'm outdoors and can just barely use the browser because of that big texas sun.

am i reading correctly in your posts and a few others that the israelis attempted to board the vessel and they were resisted with improvised weapons or were there firearms aboard the craft before the israelis got there?

its unclear in some of the text reports and i got the impression from one report that the crew fired on the boarding party first. was that because they already had firearms aboard or did it get out of hand when they were able to disarm some of the boarders?

From what I saw, when the Israelis boarded the ship they were met by men with clubs. Two pistols were taken from the invading troops but the people were overwhelmed by the troops. The Israeli troops were the first aggressors.

sometimes it seems like you're the only middle east poster child that can give me a straight answer except one thing: is your avatar you and is that an oboe in your mouth?:cool:

marcy is being awful quiet today. you think she's feeling some remorse for being so foolish?

why was the ship being boarded and why did they resist the boarding?

the kiddies here seem to think there might be weapons as cargo.
what exactly are they trying to deliver?

keep up the good work, bro.

you're no avrum natan, but i appreciate the media you lay in here.

it is has not been made clear yet whether they were armed or disarmed members of the boarding party. there have been no reports of weapons as cargo.

There were no weapons.
All crew members have been checked by x-ray when boarding ships in Istanbul and Antalya.

Turkish officials have denied claims leveled by Israeli authorities that weapons were onboard one of the six aid ships attacked by Israel on Monday. Officials from the Customs Undersecretariat said every passenger was searched before getting on the ship with the help of X-ray machines and metal detectors. Senior officials from the undersecretariat said Israel's allegations were tantamount to “complete nonsense.”

Officials deny Israeli claims weapons were onboard

So far all that was searched were the crew and passengers.............

If the US citizens did the exact same thing that those "peace protesters" did to those lawfully acting commandos, yes.

So if Russian commandos illegally boarded an American boat, the Americans should just sort of lay back and accept it?

The boarding was legal.

If you disagree, prove it by citing international law that prohibits navies from boarding and inspecting ships in international water. While you are at it, you will simultaneously need to defend the fact that the United States claims the right to do this for any vessel they believe is suspicious, which is, according to you, illegal.

San Remo Manual on International Law Applicable to Armed Conflicts at Sea, 12 June 1994

67. Merchant vessels flying the flag of neutral States may not be attacked unless they:

(a) are believed on reasonable grounds to be carrying contraband or breaching a blockade, and after prior warning they intentionally and clearly refuse to stop, or intentionally and clearly resist visit, search or capture;
(b) engage in belligerent acts on behalf of the enemy;
(c) act as auxiliaries to the enemy s armed forces;
(d) are incorporated into or assist the enemy s intelligence system;
(e) sail under convoy of enemy warships or military aircraft; or
(f) otherwise make an effective contribution to the enemy s military action, e.g., by carrying military materials, and it is not feasible for the attacking forces to first place passengers and crew in a place of safety. Unless circumstances do not permit, they are to be given a warning, so that they can re-route, off-load, or take other precautions.

Since the blockade is illegal, the attack was illegal.

And *gasp* you mean the US might break international law as well? No...never. I mean the US wouldn't torture anyone...would it?

Maybe because the people elected a terrorist organization to run things over there? If they like Hamas so much, then i say they deserve everything that happens to them. Terrorists and terrorist sympathizers are vile people and it amuses me when they suffer.

Oh yes but, don't bother to mention that Hamas was created by Israel to undermine the PLO.

Convenient when you can invent your own enemies.

Hamas is a Creation of Mossad
by Hassane Zerouky
Global Outlook, No 2, Summer 2002
GlobalResearch.ca - Centre for Research on Globalization 23 March 2004
The URL of this article is: Hamas is a Creation of Mossad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the Mossad, Israel's "Institute for Intelligence and Special Tasks", the Hamas was allowed to reinforce its presence in the occupied territories. Meanwhile, Arafat's Fatah Movement for National Liberation as well as the Palestinian Left were subjected to the most brutal form of repression and intimidation

Let us not forget that it was Israel, which in fact created Hamas. According to Zeev Sternell, historian at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, "Israel thought that it was a smart ploy to push the Islamists against the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO)".

This bears repeating.

i still haven't been able to see the video yet and i haven't been able to sort a few things out. i'm kinda busy doing other things and i'm outdoors and can just barely use the browser because of that big texas sun.

am i reading correctly in your posts and a few others that the israelis attempted to board the vessel and they were resisted with improvised weapons or were there firearms aboard the craft before the israelis got there?

its unclear in some of the text reports and i got the impression from one report that the crew fired on the boarding party first. was that because they already had firearms aboard or did it get out of hand when they were able to disarm some of the boarders?

From what I saw, when the Israelis boarded the ship they were met by men with clubs. Two pistols were taken from the invading troops but the people were overwhelmed by the troops. The Israeli troops were the first aggressors.

sometimes it seems like you're the only middle east poster child that can give me a straight answer except one thing: is your avatar you and is that an oboe in your mouth?:cool:

marcy is being awful quiet today. you think she's feeling some remorse for being so foolish?

The boarders were repelling from helicopters. Before they even hit the deck they were under attack by protesters wielding long metal pipes and swarming the boarders. There were claims of knives being used to stab the boarders.
Oh and before anyone again says all passengers were screened, knives and guns could have been hidden in unchecked cargo or knives quickly fashioned from most anything already on board.

A little thing called Maritime Law. You can do the specific search if you want, I don't have the hours it would take to find the articles covering this issue. You can also search the National Archives database for relevant historical precedence. Try again.

United Nations human rights chief Navi Pillay on Friday accused Israel of violating the rules of warfare with its blockade stopping people and goods from moving in or out of the Gaza Strip.
In a 34-page report on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Pillay also called on Israel to stop expanding its West Bank settlements and punish all settlers who attack Palestinians.

U.N. Human Rights Chief: Israel's Blockade of Gaza Strip Is Illegal - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

Of course you know I put little to no stock in the UN. In my humble but accurate opinion they are a joke and a tool.

2 things.

1) The UNSC's opinion (which this is not) decides the legality of blockades.

Pillay is an internationally recognized expert on human rights law. You are....well, just some tool who says shit and then backs it up by saying "maritime law".

Are you calling me an Israeli?!

No, I am calling you as someone focusing on something expected: Media-War.
This is a side-battle hoping to achieve certain goals intended for the US public and the resulting effects on its administration.
There is the "West" and the "Rest". Top dog of "West" is USA. If USA gives further umbrella for Israel, Turkey will play with "Rest". Either way, Turks are mourning their deaths, deaths being put into one-line with Al-Qaeda by Israelian officials, and we will off course retaliate.

The boarders were repelling from helicopters. Before they even hit the deck they were under attack by protesters wielding long metal pipes and swarming the boarders. There were claims of knives being used to stab the boarders.
Oh and before anyone again says all passengers were screened, knives and guns could have been hidden in unchecked cargo or knives quickly fashioned from most anything already on board.

Oh, well, they had some knives.

That surely justified shooting 40 people.

If the US citizens did the exact same thing that those "peace protesters" did to those lawfully acting commandos, yes.

So if Russian commandos illegally boarded an American boat, the Americans should just sort of lay back and accept it?

:eusa_eh: It was a war footing blockade, i.e. legal. They were warned even before all this happened not to do it. They did it anyway and don't buy the humanitarian aid crap. This was how weapons were being smuggled in before Israel started the blockade.

your logic has a little flaw here.

when was the last time a shipload of arms got so much advance publicity?

they don't even do press releases when the shipment is going somewhere that everybody will be happy to receive it.

what makes you think they are actually smuggling weapons?

the only element of all this that has me questioning the motives of the freedom flotilla people is that they resisted boarding.

that's never healthy regardless of where you may be when a naval vessel orders you to heave to and prepare to receive a boarding party.

to resist is just plain stupid unless you have something to hide.

Yeah, the UN that put Libya and Iran on the human rights committee. They are really credible :cuckoo:

In fact, I saw video of the terrorists throwing a soldier overboard.

It was a staged propoganda event.

If they truely wanted to send humanitarian aid. They could have sent the ships to the port in Tel-Aviv, it would have been unloaded and sent there.

How would Turkey react if Greece sent a bunch of boats into Turkey, after Turkey told them not to do so, with a good chance that their are missiles for terrorists on the ships?

They probably would have sunk all the ships.

Hmm
Vladivostok citizens havent attacked Russia
There is no support group in the US for people from Vladivostok
There is no embargo on the eastern part of Russia
There is no concern of Americans supplying terrorist items to people in Vladivostok

So aside ffrom being completely different they are totally analogous

And that is what it comes down to...supply terrorist items..

So let me get this straight...
This flotilla that has openly courted international media attention probably had hidden weaponry onboard, knowing that at some stage Israeli forces would probably search the vessel, and more likely than not find any contraband, and make themselves look like complete dickheads? Yeah, right.....:cuckoo:

it is has not been made clear yet whether they were armed or disarmed members of the boarding party. there have been no reports of weapons as cargo.

It was clear that they attempted to disarm members of the boarding party.
The Israelis have let some 5 ships through the blockade already. At this point they needed to enforce it or drop it. They chose to enforce it.
"weapon" is an amorphous term. Lots of things can become weapons. Like BBs for example.

:eusa_eh: It was a war footing blockade, i.e. legal. They were warned even before all this happened not to do it. They did it anyway and don't buy the humanitarian aid crap. This was how weapons were being smuggled in before Israel started the blockade.

they don't even do press releases when the shipment is going somewhere that everybody will be happy to receive it.

the only element of all this that has me questioning the motives of the freedom flotilla people is that they resisted boarding.

that's never healthy regardless of where you may be when a naval vessel orders you to heave to and prepare to receive a boarding party.

Of course they wouldn't put weapons on this flotilla, I never said that or insinuated it. Confrontation and publicity was the goal and weapons on board would completely undermine their ploy. That should go without saying.
Past intel had already proven weapons were getting in via this route prior to the blockade or do you think the Israelis set up the blockade because they had nothing better to do?
The blockade was challenged leaving Israel no choice but to enforce it.

Last edited:

whether or not there were weapons is unclear at this point.

the reality is they want to break the blockade and that is unacceptable.

calling them a 'freedom flotilla' is adopting their misnomer. they aren't a 'freedom flotilla'. they are a pro-hamas flotilla. THAT is where the problem is.

And they intentionally created this situation for the specific purpose of having a confrontation. It is a shame that anyone died. I wish that hadn't happened.

On the other hand, you don't try to grab weapons from soldiers and don't go after soldiers with weapons of any sort. seems to be common sense.

do i wish this handn't happened? of course. so maybe turkey shouldn't be creating these circumstances. i think the armenians might be amused by their concern for 'human rights'.

Last edited:

Yeah, the UN that put Libya and Iran on the human rights committee. They are really credible :cuckoo:

States don't serve on the human rights committee, only individuals do.

UN is the only muti-national, multi-cultural body in this world that has legitimacy.
There is nothing besides the UN, preferably a reformed one demolitioning the 5-Power system to a further basis, adjusted from WW2 to the 21st century circumstances.
In such a reformed UN off course Muslims also have a strong say with 1.X Billion people in this world.
Either this way, or the failed Neo-Con way with selective standards varrying to the Interests of just a few.

States don't serve on the human rights committee, only individuals do.

Winner of the Clueless Award in posting for the day. Congratulations. Here's your sign.

UN is the only muti-national, multi-cultural body in this world that has legitimacy.
There is nothing besides the UN, preferably a reformed one demolitioning the 5-Power system to a further basis, adjusted from WW2 to the 21st century circumstances.
In such a reformed UN off course Muslims also have a strong say with 1.X Billion people in this world.
Either this way, or the failed Neo-Con way with selective standards varrying to the Interests of just a few.

NATO has no legitimacy? I wonder why countries have been trying to join it then.

The U.N is corrupt and filled with 3rd world despots and human rights abusers. The US could no better than leave that sad org and turn the headquarters into something as useful as a gay disco.

Forum List

Back