Gays and lesbians.

I can't separate love and sex? I think you have that backwards my friend. My whole point is that there is a difference. Christ told us to love our fellow man. Not have sex with him.

The constitution supersedes the bible? This is one of those times when you “obey GOD rather than man.”
Move to Iran, you fundamentalist nutjob.

Big Ol Bitch (lil ol lady) is one of those Christian fundamentalist whackjobs that is a mirror image of the Muslim fundamentalist whackjobs.

Both pull their crap outta the same playbook.

Trust me Eagle, this chick is almost as rabid as Bass or NewBarf.

The constitution supersedes the bible? This is one of those times when you “obey GOD rather than man.”
Move to Iran, you fundamentalist nutjob.

Big Ol Bitch (lil ol lady) is one of those Christian fundamentalist whackjobs that is a mirror image of the Muslim fundamentalist whackjobs.

Both pull their crap outta the same playbook.

Trust me Eagle, this chick is almost as rabid as Bass or NewBarf.
Well, this place has been far too friendly with LGBT issues, since Bass went AWOL...

:lol:

I can't separate love and sex? I think you have that backwards my friend. My whole point is that there is a difference. Christ told us to love our fellow man. Not have sex with him.

But what if sex is a way of expressing that love?

So be it

Someone said, earlier that the sin they're committing is "that thing your wife won't do".
1. I haven't discovered it yet ;)
2. If you mean what I think you do, I beleive, if you look it up, it's a man-made law.

That makes twice someone tried calling sodomy a sin....

Still waiting for that chapter and verse
:eusa_hand:

The verses used there are misused...if you read about the suppossed anti-gay verses in the OT, as well as the one in Romans 1, they refer to shrine prostitution.

The verses used there are misused...if you read about the suppossed anti-gay verses in the OT, as well as the one in Romans 1, they refer to shrine prostitution.
What is the difference between lawyers and priests?

One thinks God is on his side.

California ruling was a ruling against GOD and there are dire consequences.

The kullyfornia ruling was one homo, activist judge, striking down and negating the voice of 7,000,000 people.

Yes I can assure you, this continual decline of morality, the continued attack on holy matrimony, and this continued push for total acceptance of a disgusting perversion, is NOT making God happy. But, God will deal with these perverts when they die. Rest assured.

Will he force them to have heterosexual sex for eternity?

:evil:

:clap2:
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!!

And, besides, it's from Paul.
Not God.
Not Jesus.

:cool:

ned.jpg

GAYS AND LESBIANS.

The constitution supersedes the bible? This is one of those times when you “obey GOD rather than man.” Act 5;29.

All men are not created equal and all men are not equal or treated equal because they made themselves unequal.

GOD did not create gays and lesbians, Satan and his demons. Cain was a murdered but he was not created a murderer. GOD do not create birth defects either. They are cause by imperfections of the sperm or egg. Or something the mother ingested at conception.

GOD created one man and one woman and they were perfect in his image and out of these came all the evil in the world. After they had sinned, they reproduced and they were not all perfect.

Gays and lesbians made themselves gays and lesbians and they are cable of changing if they want to. “That is what some of you were” 1 Cor 6;11, Rom 1; 24-27.

Remember Sodom and Gomorrah? California ruling was a ruling against GOD and there are dire consequences.

The founding fathers were not perfect men so how could they write a constitution without flaws? If they really believed all men were created equal there would not be a need for the 14th amendment for black men. They entered this country along with white men.

I love Bible Quotes Little Oily Lady. Let me give you a few:

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT- If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Judges 5:30 NAB - They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera's spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil.

Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB - Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city.

Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT - Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death.

Leviticus 20:10 NLT - If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.

2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB - From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces.

John 14:13-14 NAB - And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.

1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT - Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them.

But what if sex is a way of expressing that love?

So be it

Someone said, earlier that the sin they're committing is "that thing your wife won't do".
1. I haven't discovered it yet ;)
2. If you mean what I think you do, I beleive, if you look it up, it's a man-made law.

That makes twice someone tried calling sodomy a sin....

Still waiting for that chapter and verse
:eusa_hand:

Actually..........saying that a man shall not lie with another man, as well as the sodomy thing is covered in Leviticus. Only trouble is, Christians shouldn't use that, because it's a book specifically for JEWISH PRIESTS!

Leviticus

The book of Leviticus was probably composed during the Babylonian exile, from 550 to 500 BCE. Leviticus deals with issues of ritual purity and proscribed behavior. Traditionally attributed to Moses (it is part of the Pentateuch, the first five books of the Bible), Leviticus was probably written by the author modern scholars call 'P'.

Now when one hears the word 'Leviticus,' a red flag (or yellow card) should go up. Wellhausen, in his Prolegomena to the History of Ancient Israel proposed the 'Documentary Hypothesis.' Among other things, he presented evidence that there were four separate authors of the Tanach, the Old Testament. In a nutshell, the Levitical laws were added to the text of the Bible at a very late date, by an author high in the religious hierarchy, a priest (hence the 'P'). These are the legalisms that Jesus is constantly deprecating in the New Testament, and the Talmudic Rabbis delight in picking apart. Given the force of divine law by fiat, they ruled every aspect of daily life. Once the ancient Jewish ritual complex was destroyed, many of these laws simply became impossible to follow. Others were fossilized prohibitions from the time when Jews were striving to preserve their cultural identity in a sea of paganism.

Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 are the two Bible verses which are most often cited as support for scriptural condemnation of homosexuality; the latter verse even demands that such behavior be punished by death. Both verses refer specifically to male homosexuality, but not female.

There is a condemnation of both male and female cross-dressing in Deuteronomy 22:5 as 'an abomination'. However, no particular punishment is specified. By contrast, the same chapter specifies harsh punishments for other transgressions: death by stoning of non-virgin brides [Deu 22:13-21], likewise both participants in an act of adultery [Deu. 22:22], and some instances of premarital intercourse [Deu. 22:23].

The background of the condemnation of homosexuality in Leviticus is a fascinating subject. The Jews were in conflict with Pagans who also resided in ancient Palestine. There was a lot of pressure for Jews to adopt various practices of the Pagans, to become just another religion in the melting pot. And so scriptural injunctions were developed which prohibited certain distinctive Pagan beliefs and practices, such as tree and stone worship and some forms of divination.

Pagan religions of the ancient Near East had male priests who, to honor a Goddess figure, emulated women. For a late classical description of this belief system, refer to The Syrian Goddess. These priests, called Kedeshim in the Tanach, like other shamans world-wide, cross-dressed, took on economic and social roles normally associated with females and in some cases even castrated themselves. They also enaged in sexual acts as part of their ceremonies, similar to the Tantric practices. This included sex with other men.

In every case where 'Sodomite' is mentioned in the KJV outside of the context of the story of the downfall of Sodom in Genesis, this is a translation of the Hebrew word qâdêsh, which refers to the before-mentioned pagan priest. In fact, qâdêsh is derived from a primitive root qâdash, which means, among other things, 'consecrate, holy, dedicate, purify, sanctify.'

For instance, in 1 Kings 14:24, the KJV has 'there were also sodomites in the land, and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.' In addition, abomination in this instance could probably be better translated 'idolatry.' Using these mistranslated verses to condemn homosexuality in general is misleading.

The rules against males cross-dressing and having sex with other men were based on opposition to this priesthood. However, over time it was generalized to similar behavior, regardless of whether it was part of a spiritual practice. The prohibition of homosexuality in Leviticus was used subsequently for hundreds of years as a precedent for the persecution of gays, and has been quoted in legal reasoning up to the present day.

The book of Leviticus contains many harsh commandments and regulations, and much of it can't be reconciled with modern life or contemporary standards of justice and human rights. Some other points of interest in Leviticus include:
# the punishment for blasphemy is death by stoning [Lev 24:16],
# likewise, a child who curses their parent will be put to death [Lev 20:9],
# locusts, beetles and grasshoppers are permissible food [Lev. 11:21] but not shellfish or mollusks [Lev. 11:10].
# Leviticus 25:44-46 was construed by slavery apologists to be divine authorization for the buying, holding and bequeathing of human beings as property.

Most Christian and Jewish groups today hold that many of the rules in Leviticus and elsewhere in the Hebrew Bible should not be considered binding, or at worst, minor sins if transgressed, and that the harsh punishments are obsolete. For instance, there is an extensive debate in the Talmud (Sanhedrin, Chapter VIII). as to whether putting a 'stubbon and rebellious' child to death is an appropriate punishment by reductio ad adsurdum. And Jesus is quoted (see below) as saying that the law should consist of two rules, namely love for God and love for one's neighbor; this is an implicit criticism of the complicated and often extreme regulations of Leviticus.

LGBT Texts

But........like I said, Leviticus is not a book for Christians.

I mean, do you see Catholic High Mass being performed in Presbeteryian churches?

Forum List

Back