Gays and lesbians.

I like to think that a document written by real people should always supercede a book of myths and legends.

All we have to do is look to Iran to see what a country looks like when it is run by the Religious Fanatics. It ain't pretty. And the Puritans tried it here...they killed Quakers and banished to the wilds anyone who didn't toe their religious line.

You have no clue how I treat people.

And last I knew, referendum votes were a legal process of law here in America.

I voiced my opinion, you don't like it, you neg rep me complete with an insult for it, which makes you a flaming bigot and a trouble maker.

YOu called a group of people disgusting and perverted, you deserve a neg rep.
And how am I trouble maker? Because I am sticking up for a group of people? If you didn't want a neg rep, you should have left the hateful words out of your post.
And referendum votes are legal, as long as they don't infringe on the rights of people.

Sorry, homosexuality is disgusting and perverted. Just because you are a homo enabler and lover does not mean the rest of the world is, and your little rant and neg repping isn't going to change that. Sorry hun... get a life.

No ones "rights" were infringed on, and referendum votes are legal all the time. Just because you don't like their outcome is irrelevant.

I was going to ask if you would be happy with a referendum vote that make a religion illegal in this country...and then I thought if it was anything but Christianity, you'd probably say "yes".

Someone who is obsessed about where our President was born, shouldn't be telling others to get a life.
Really? Where was he born?

And I have noticed, the people who speak out against homosexuality the most, usually are hiding something.
So... let me get this straight... first you love homosexuality, but now, you want to throw out some kind of lame ass insinuation that I'm homo as some sort of insult? I don't get it... now you think being a homo is BAD then? Because if I'm a homo, then you'd love me, right? No wait, you don't like me, so, what do mean there little girl? Do you have your priorities screwed up?

I hope he's not insinuating you are gay because we have standards and don't want you.

I wasn't whining, moron!
And do you really want to play that game? Because history shows, you are ten times the whiner I am.:eusa_eh:
Another thing, if I am a bigot for thinking you are disgusting, wouldn't that also make you a bigot? Hypocrite much!

Yeah, you were whining, and still are, dumbass.

History shows you're a trouble making little bitch here on this board.

Yes, you are a bigot. One of the biggest bigots here, because no else got their undies snagged clear up their ass like you did about my comments and neg repped me. Just you. You own this one idiot. Your bigotry is on display here for everyone to see, and I don't have to do a thing to prove it. You did. You do it every time someone voices an opinion that isn't in love with homosexuality. You come along and think you're going to badger them into submitting to your point of view with neg reps and insults. Well, sorry little girl, that just ain't gonna happen. You can go fuck your bigoted self.

How many times have I got banned?
And I have no problem if someone voices their opinion on gay people, as long as they don't use hateful words.

GAYS AND LESBIANS.

The constitution supersedes the bible? This is one of those times when you “obey GOD rather than man.” Act 5;29.

All men are not created equal and all men are not equal or treated equal because they made themselves unequal.

GOD did not create gays and lesbians, Satan and his demons. Cain was a murdered but he was not created a murderer. GOD do not create birth defects either. They are cause by imperfections of the sperm or egg. Or something the mother ingested at conception.

GOD created one man and one woman and they were perfect in his image and out of these came all the evil in the world. After they had sinned, they reproduced and they were not all perfect.

Gays and lesbians made themselves gays and lesbians and they are cable of changing if they want to. “That is what some of you were” 1 Cor 6;11, Rom 1; 24-27.

Remember Sodom and Gomorrah? California ruling was a ruling against GOD and there are dire consequences.

The founding fathers were not perfect men so how could they write a constitution without flaws? If they really believed all men were created equal there would not be a need for the 14th amendment for black men. They entered this country along with white men.

Separation of church and State.

From a scholar site for theology called Sacred Texts Archive.

Did you know?
* Of 32,000 verses in the Bible, only five directly mention homosexuality.
* The Qur'an only directly mentions homosexuality once.
* Leviticus, the book of the Bible which stipulates death for homosexuality, requires the same punishment for adultery, pre-marital sex, disobedient children and blasphemy.
* The Biblical Jesus does not condemn homosexuality.
* The destruction of the Biblical city of Sodom was due to their mistreatment of strangers.
* The Bible never condemns same sex marriage.
* The Biblical David and Jonathan had a formal same-sex union.
* 'Traditional marriage' in the Bible includes polygamy.
* No known sacred text forbids same sex marriage.
* Very few sacred texts even mention homosexuality.
* Hindu and other far eastern sacred texts do not condemn homosexuality.
* Homosexuality is not unnatural, it is practised by hundreds of species of animals.

The Bible

There are about half a dozen direct references to what we today term homosexuality in the Tanach and NT, and a few others which are relevant but not direct. Two of the most negative passages are found in the book of Leviticus, alongside a mass of ancient Jewish food and incest taboos, purification rituals and medical protocols. In the New Testament, there are several instances in the Epistles where Paul disparages homosexuality. Notably, at no point in the Gospel narrative does Jesus condemn homosexuality.

Another point to note is that there was no word for homosexuality, in the sense that we now use the term, in ancient Hebrew or Greek. So the text of the Tanach and NT uses circumlocutions or eumphemisms in these passages.

As far as lesbianism goes, the Bible is silent. There is no explicit mention (or condemnation) of female homosexuality in the Tanach, and it turns up only once (very tangentially) in the NT.
The King James Version

King James I, who commissioned the King James Version translation, was undoubtedly homosexual. It was whispered that "Elizabeth was King: Now James is Queen."

James I was responsible for reaffirming the Buggery Act of 1533, which criminalized sodomy in the UK. However, James I had several well-documented homosexual relationships. Although he had eight children with his wife, Anne of Denmark, they eventually decided to live apart. In 1607 he met Robert Carr, then age 17, at a joust, and had an on-going relationship with him for nearly a decade, which ended in a messy breakup. In 1614, he started a relationship with George Villiers, a commoner, eventually making him Duke of Buckingham in 1623. In 1624, James wrote Villiers a letter in which he asked "whether you loved me now...better than at the time I shall never forget at Farham, where the bed's head could not be found between the master and his dog."

The Sin of Sodom

Then there is the story of the destruction of the city of Sodom, (Genesis 18:16-19:29). Sodom has given its name to the now somewhat quaint-sounding term 'Sodomy', which originally meant a specific male homosexual sex act. Eventually it was expanded to mean any form of sexual expression which happened to be illegal, including things that married heterosexual couples do every day.

However, a close reading reveals the name to be a bit of a misnomer. To start off, Sodom is described simply as a 'wicked' place. Lot, Abraham's nephew, goes to live there to see if even one righteous person can be found there. The sexual theme starts when two disguised angels visit Lot. A mob, described as consisting of the men of the city, 'both young and old', attacks Lot's house and demands that Lot allow them to 'know' (in the language of the KJV) the two men. To 'know' is, of course, the famous KJV circumlocution for having sexual intercourse.

The next passage bears closer examination. Lot (Gen 19:8) asks the mob to 'do' his two virgin daughters instead, but not the two guests, 'for ... they came under the shadow of my roof.' The rest of the story is well-known: divine wrath ensues, the mob is blinded, the cities of the plain are destroyed by fire and brimstone while Lot and his family flee, Lot's wife is turned to a pillar of salt because she looks back, and only Lot and his daughters escape. In an often ignored coda to this story, Lot's daughters have incest with him by getting him intoxicated, (Gen 19:31), presumably to repopulate the country; a similar motif is found in the story of Noah. As in other Biblical narratives, even the heroes end up committing horrendous sins, driven by circumstances. But many ignore the entire context of the story in the rush to justify their own bigotry.

The sin of the city of Sodom was the originally considered to be the violation of the rights of Lot's guests. Defining the 'sin of Sodom' to be male homosexuality was a later interpretation, which was made by medieval Jewish and Christian writers, as a reaction to Pagan acceptance of homosexuality. Near Eastern hospitality, to this day, implies a responsibility to protect guests under one's roof. The fact that Lot was ready to make a huge sacrifice by offering up his virgin daughters to the mob instead of his guests underlines this.

There is abundant Haggadah, ancient Jewish folklore, which tells of the cruelty of Sodom to strangers, and their mistreatment of the poor and homeless. Among other stories, travelers are given gold but not food; when they starve to death, everything is stolen including the gold and the clothes off their backs, and their bodies are left to rot. One of Lot's unfortunate daughters is burned to death for the crime of giving a starving man food. Another woman who assists a poor man is smeared with honey and left to be stung to death by bees. Some of these stories are suffused with dark comedic twists. A poor man is assaulted and robbed. Eliezar, a servant of Abraham, is hit on the head when he intervenes. A judge rules that he must pay his assailant for medical treatment! (Bleeding was considered a surgical procedure). Eliezar then hits the judge on the head, drawing blood, and tells the judge to pay his fine. See Ginzburg's Legends of the Jews and Polano's The Talmud: Selections, for many more stories along the same lines. After reading these, I guarantee you'll be rooting for the Lord to rain down the brimstone on the cities of the plain...

There are also numerous Biblical passages warning about mistreating strangers, (with the story of Lot being implied), for instance this one in the NT: "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." [Heb. 13:2]

Between the original concept of a violation of the law of hospitality and the medieval focus on a particular sexual act, there is an intermediate stage where Sodom was criticized for other reasons entirely. Where Sodom is mentioned in later books of the Tanach and in the New Testament, it is used as an example of a city which was corrupted by luxury, lacking in values such as charity and humility. Nowhere is this made clearer than in Ezekiel 16:48-50, where Ezekiel, speaking for 'the Lord God', enumerates the sins of Sodom: "Saith the Lord GOD...Behold, this was the iniquity of ... Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness ... neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good".

Note that in this context 'abomination' means human sacrifice and idol worship, not shared tax breaks for long-term same-sex couples, or sexual practices you can see on cable after 10 o'clock. Furthermore, 'abomination' is at the end of the laundry list. The primary sin of Sodom, by this account, was that their society was materialistic, greedy and uncharitable. Social and economic justice is a thread that runs through the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament alike, and it is not difficult to extrapolate this to modern struggles for equality, such as those of LGBT people. When governmental and religious institutions and their leaders perpetuate oppression, it would not be farfetched to say that they are committing the actual sin of Sodom.

Take your bullshit elsewhere LilOlLady..........although I prefer to call you Big Old Bitch.

California ruling was a ruling against GOD and there are dire consequences.

The kullyfornia ruling was one homo, activist judge, striking down and negating the voice of 7,000,000 people.

Yes I can assure you, this continual decline of morality, the continued attack on holy matrimony, and this continued push for total acceptance of a disgusting perversion, is NOT making God happy. But, God will deal with these perverts when they die. Rest assured.
In 2 weeks, I will have been happily married for 17 years.
Homosexuals have not played a role in that so far, and I don't see them having an effect in the future.
Heaven forbid (pun intended) Christians should accept Love.

Still waiting for someone to tell me what sin, chapter and verse, homosexuals are committing.

I wasn't whining, moron!
And do you really want to play that game? Because history shows, you are ten times the whiner I am.:eusa_eh:
Another thing, if I am a bigot for thinking you are disgusting, wouldn't that also make you a bigot? Hypocrite much!

Yeah, you were whining, and still are, dumbass.

History shows you're a trouble making little bitch here on this board.

Yes, you are a bigot. One of the biggest bigots here, because no else got their undies snagged clear up their ass like you did about my comments and neg repped me. Just you. You own this one idiot. Your bigotry is on display here for everyone to see, and I don't have to do a thing to prove it. You did. You do it every time someone voices an opinion that isn't in love with homosexuality. You come along and think you're going to badger them into submitting to your point of view with neg reps and insults. Well, sorry little girl, that just ain't gonna happen. You can go fuck your bigoted self.

How many times have I got banned?
And I have no problem if someone voices their opinion on gay people, as long as they don't use hateful words.
God will deal with him when he dies, the pervert. :lol:

Cracks me up that that pervert has the nerve to call anyone a pervert.

Hey, that was actually a really informative and interesting read, ABS. Think I could have the link?

Sure.......here ya go........Internet Sacred Text Archive Home

It's a really interesting site to go on, they've got just about every major religion (as well as a few minor ones) all together in one place and they're indexed so that you can find what you're looking for pretty easy.

Oh yeah.........they don't allow partisan bullshit on that site. ALL of the texts have been verified and vetted. Scholars who are serious and want to study are all that pretty much contributes to it.

Good site!

California ruling was a ruling against GOD and there are dire consequences.

The kullyfornia ruling was one homo, activist judge, striking down and negating the voice of 7,000,000 people.

Yes I can assure you, this continual decline of morality, the continued attack on holy matrimony, and this continued push for total acceptance of a disgusting perversion, is NOT making God happy. But, God will deal with these perverts when they die. Rest assured.
Homosexuals have not played a role in that so far, and I don't see them having an effect in the future.

Still waiting for someone to tell me what sin, chapter and verse, homosexuals are committing.

Me too, because in the Bible, Yeshua was asked what the greatest commandment was.

He responded..."Love God above all else, and love one another as you love God".

Gender was NOT specified.

I like to think that a document written by real people should always supercede a book of myths and legends.

The Constitution was written by real people. It's just become Legendary because of the people who wrote it and the government they created.

Me too, because in the Bible, Yeshua was asked what the greatest commandment was.

He responded..."Love God above all else, and love one another as you love God".

Gender was NOT specified.

Yeah. Love. Not "have sex with"

You know Avatar.........that's what the problem is with most of the right wing right now, they can't separate love and sex.

I can. I've lived with a woman for the past several years whom I love VERY much, and would do anything for her.

I call her my aunt and consider her as part of my family.

No........we don't have sex, but lots of people assume things they have no right to assume, because they don't live in our house.

What makes you think that gays are doing it just for the sex? Haven't you ever loved someone or something?

Incidentally, lots of my Navy buddies, when they heard that I was living with 2 lesbians immediately assumed that I was getting a 3 way every other night.

No. It's not just for the sex. Sometimes love is just love, sometimes sex is just sex, but quite often, the 2 are symbiotic.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back