Gay marriage

suspiria said:
:laugh: Movies and TV = truth

God I hope you are not serious! Movies and TV = bullshit! However this is the kind of shit they are shoving down people's, (adult's and Teen's) throats and I think they have hooked line and sinkered you right in!

suspiria said:
:laugh: Movies and TV = truth

Do you deny that movies and TV reflect the status of our culture (think canary/coal mine). Of course, Americans are beginning to wake up, thank God.

Trinity said:
God I hope you are not serious! Movies and TV = bullshit! However this is the kind of shit they are shoving down people's, (adult's and Teen's) throats and I think they have hooked line and sinkered you right in!
I hope you can tell Im kidding

suspiria said:
Its the most logical argument for gay marriage!!! Dont like it Dont do it!! Who cares what others do, its not affecting anyone else.

Contrary to this unsupported assertion, everyones actions particularly when it comes to procreation, effects all of society.

BTW isn't interesting that the liberals claim to care and yet don't care what others do? Well there are men and women who do care about others and what they do. They are called conservatives.

Stitchman said:
yeah, and the other 80-60 percent are straight people. So then maybe straight marriage should be illiegal! Hitler was straight! Sadamm was straight! My point is, no matter the category of people, there are good and bad people in them, and you can't argue with that.

No, I can't - because it doen't make ONE F***ING BIT OF SENSE!

suspiria said:
Well not everyone thinks its a sin

Since when is the debate on whats been sin been open to what people believe is sin? Sin is sin regardless of whether you believe it is or whether I believe it is.

Using your own logic against you. If we don't believe that intolerance is a sin, then we would not be wrong with being intolerant to gays and you need to stop trying to force people to tolerate it.

Trinity said:
Damn I rep'd to soon!

Oh well, I'll just make sure I wait a little longer next time!

LOL - this guy is Beavis and Butthead BOTH!

Thanks for the rep, T!

no1tovote4 said:
How "intolerant" of you. They are entitled to their opinion, learning to live with them would be much more "tolerant" than attempting to make them live as you want them to by making laws that align with your "intolerant" POV.

My point here is that the whole "tolerance" thing works both ways, it is not one that you should make attempting to support your position because by making it you are showing that you are exactly just as "intolerant" as they supposedly are. And that you also want to make laws based on your own position of "morality" and therefore "push" your belief onto them. That the laws would more align with your POV doesn't make them any more "tolerant" it just makes them subjected to your position of "morality" over those of another.

Once again, a reason why the government should not be in the business of defining morality at all.

There's already too much tolerance in this country now. That's one of the problems. Tolerance has gone way too far and needs to be reigned in before it gets out of hand.

I am not a tolerant person, and proud of it. The guilt trip shit doesn't work on me. You get my respect when you earn it and you get my scorn when you earn that. If someone wants to be a fag thats their business but don't do it in front of me cause I won't tolerate it.

Since when is the debate on whats been sin been open to what people believe is sin? Sin is sin regardless of whether you believe it is or whether I believe it is.

Using your own logic against you. If we don't believe that intolerance is a sin, then we would not be wrong with being intolerant to gays and you need to stop trying to force people to tolerate it.
actual someone said gay people were wrong because its a sin, so I simply stated not everyone believes its a sin

no1tovote4 said:
I am still waiting for an explanation of why the Government should be involved in defining Marriage at all...

Other than making clear laws against specific marriages that would victimize children, or animals, what would make it the Government's place to define Marriage at all?

Public policy. It's beneficial for society to promote the best way of creating and raising children. and the best way to do that is in a marriage with a mother and father.

Looking at it in a purely contractual basis, the government has no reason to recognize any contractual relationships at all. The reason the government choose to recognize certain contracts and not others is dependant on what benefits society. Marriage between a man and a woman as an institution benefits society. Gay unions don't.

Facts are facts, there is no legal basis for extending marriage to homosexual couples.

Public policy. It's beneficial for society to promote the best way of creating and raising children. and the best way to do that is in a marriage with a mother and father.

Looking at it in a purely contractual basis, the government has no reason to recognize any contractual relationships at all. The reason the government choose to recognize certain contracts and not others is dependant on what benefits society. Marriage between a man and a woman as an institution benefits society. Gay unions don't.

Facts are facts, there is no legal basis for extending marriage to homosexual couples.
you say the best way to rais a child is with a mother and a father, you say it like its a fact when its not

suspiria said:
What makes " Family" Benificial, and gay marriage not benifical??? And Gay's do have families together too.

No they don't they pretend to have families.

SmarterThanYou said:
wow, that limits us to a very boring existence.

now now now
we promised to not seriously involve ourselves in this issue anymore.
Well, maybe YOU didnt promise perse, but I did for you and THAT, my dear husband, is what marriage is all about.

deal with it.

dismissed.
(damn that felt good - its been awhile....methinks another 'top ten' DK-bashing list is coming up and SOON)
:teeth:

Its good to be the Queen...

gaffer said:
There's already too much tolerance in this country now. That's one of the problems. Tolerance has gone way too far and needs to be reigned in before it gets out of hand.

I am not a tolerant person, and proud of it. The guilt trip shit doesn't work on me. You get my respect when you earn it and you get my scorn when you earn that. If someone wants to be a fag thats their business but don't do it in front of me cause I won't tolerate it.

My whole point it that pointing out anybody's intolerance is simply intolerance of the person making the argument.

I find it hilarious to watch somebody make such an argument when by their very statement they are themselves being intolerant.

I am intolerant of others making victims of another, this is something that we all should be intolerant of, thus arguing the morality of intolerance is simply attempting to place one version of morality over another.

I don't believe that it is, or should be, the government's place to define morality at all.

No they don't they pretend to have families.

if i must.....

fam·i·lies

1. A fundamental social group in society typically consisting of one or two parents and their children.
2. Two or more people who share goals and values, have long-term commitments to one another, and reside usually in the same dwelling place

suspiria said:
you say the best way to rais a child is with a mother and a father, you say it like its a fact when its not

Yeah, it is-statistically. There are exceptions, but not for the main. Give me a reasonable mother and father, a genetically reasonable child-that combo will out perform other models.

Forum List

Back