Gay Marriage - Question.....

There is absolutely nothing destructive about people being gay. I know many. I know that they are far better people than you are. That is obvious from your hateful rhetoric here. How about you simply mind your own fucking business. You want to die kicking and screaming? Cannot happen soon enough for a hateful piece of shit like you.

You know that is not true about me Paddy. Or God.
I love you - God loves you and we are all sinners, gay or not. This has nothing to do with people and their sins.... we all give in to carnal lusts. We like to rationalize them away, and say "God made me this way" but deep down, we know we must resist and try to live pure, virtuous lives.

My love is shown by speaking truth. It's all I can do. Only God can work the miracle in your life.

I don't worry/concern myself with what happens after death.

If there is a 'god' I am not going to worry about meeting whatever their demands/requirements are, as I don't want/require an afterlife or anything more than the physical world; and I don't seek a reward.

Will there be a negative 'consequence' for not believing in god, or do people just fade out of existence for good? As far as I can tell, it is the later; and you would argue the former

Do you contemplate or consider a hell of eternity? not threatening, just wondering.

I used to think you just cease to exist (which, to me is also a scary thing, but, less so then hell)

The age old question/argument is:

If you do live forever -- is playing this life by your own rules worth the possibility of suffering for eternity?

Any god who would design a hell so that anyone who does not believe in him will suffer for all eternity- doesn't deserve my 'worship'.

Hell was not designed for us. It was designed for Satan.
We have a choice to follow Satan or God.
People that choose their own way, the fleshly ways of this world, knowingly or unknowingly choose Satan over God -

Everyone has a choice.
And you chose the path of hatred. You are so much closer to Satan than you are to God and the sad thing is you have no clue you are.

I admit, I am not the Christian I should be. I am a work in progress, but I assure you I am sincere in my beliefs and words that I post on here. I want to be as real and transparent as possible, and, although you may hate me or my words, I know there is a God because in spite of what you say to me, I love you - I mean that.

If there is a 'god' I am not going to worry about meeting whatever their demands/requirements are, as I don't want/require an afterlife or anything more than the physical world; and I don't seek a reward.

Will there be a negative 'consequence' for not believing in god, or do people just fade out of existence for good? As far as I can tell, it is the later; and you would argue the former

Do you contemplate or consider a hell of eternity? not threatening, just wondering.

I used to think you just cease to exist (which, to me is also a scary thing, but, less so then hell)

If you do live forever -- is playing this life by your own rules worth the possibility of suffering for eternity?

I don't need to follow the rules written by men for men 2,000 years ago in order to lead a "good" life. No creator worth a grain of salt is going to want me to live contrary to the way he/she made me.

You were made in the image of God.
Adam and Eve chose to live independent of God and defy him.
Since then, we are in a fallen state, and, we now have free will and choices.
God, in His mercy, gave us an "out" by coming to Earth as a human and dying for us.
If you reject that, because you think you know better, and you want to live according to your own like/dislikes and opinions you have that right to do so...

But do you really think that human beings know better? Look at this world... think.... really?

That's mans interpretation of god's idea, not god's. The bible is not written by god.

I was "made gay" by nature or a creator.

Any god who would design a hell so that anyone who does not believe in him will suffer for all eternity- doesn't deserve my 'worship'.

People that choose their own way, the fleshly ways of this world, knowingly or unknowingly choose Satan over God -

Everyone has a choice.

Indeed- my choice is not to belief in a God that would condemn anyone to such a place simply for not believing in Jesus.

Not any more than I contemplate fictional scenarios or what other people believe. Though, as far as I understand from scripture, it isn't necessarily eternity*, nor is it necessarily hell-fire - but separation from god. I don't worry though.
I would find being in heaven even worse than being in hell, as I wouldn't be able to accept others suffering while I 'live it up' in heaven. Ceasing to exist would provide eternal peace, so I don't find it scary.

I don't want to live forever, and civil disobedience is preferable to 'living by the rules' if you consider those rules unjust. Hitchens once gave the example of a 'celestial dictatorship' and compared it to North Korea, implying that if god existed (and treated people harshly) he would be a dictator - thus it would be morally preferable to defy than follow.

Though, the problem with the 'should you take the risk' argument, is that there many gods that were believed in (and at least thousands taking into account the gods of the Hittite Empire), and there is little evidence that the gods of ancient Greece, Mesopotamia, Egypt and so forth - are any less/more likely to exist than today's god/s.

*Depending on how you view the Last Judgment: Last Judgment - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I don't need to follow the rules written by men for men 2,000 years ago in order to lead a "good" life. No creator worth a grain of salt is going to want me to live contrary to the way he/she made me.

God, in His mercy, gave us an "out" by coming to Earth as a human and dying for us.
If you reject that, because you think you know better, and you want to live according to your own like/dislikes and opinions you have that right to do so...

But do you really think that human beings know better? Look at this world... think.... really?

That's mans interpretation of god's idea, not god's. The bible is not written by god.

Again, it all comes down to a matter of believe.

You can't "prove" you were made gay; or that God made you so.
The burden of proof, if you require that, lies in various areas and ultimately, a 100% accurate proof doesn't exist IF you are operating by MANs standards of proof.

If you are attracted to the same sex, it is what it is.
There are people out there attracted to the same sex, yet, deny themselves because they believe God wants them to be obedient. Are they wrong?

Everyone has a choice.

Indeed- my choice is not to belief in a God that would condemn anyone to such a place simply for not believing in Jesus.

It is always your choice. Anyone that says you "have" to believe something is wrong. Even Jesus himself didn't go around demanding and intimidating others....

God is not condemning anyone. It is his will all be saved. But how can God allow you in heaven when you refuse to accept his sacrifice for your sins? God is holy, and, the only way we can be holy and be in his presence is for us to admit our sins and repent, accepting Jesus as the sacrifice for us. When we go before God, we only need point to Jesus and say - he's my defense!

The burden of proof, if you require that, lies in various areas and ultimately, a 100% accurate proof doesn't exist IF you are operating by MANs standards of proof.

There are people out there attracted to the same sex, yet, deny themselves because they believe God wants them to be obedient. Are they wrong?

Of course I can...I'm telling you I did not choose to be attracted to women. When did you choose?

That's their choice. They are still gay, just not acting on their attractions. I posit that since god made them that way, they are going against god.

I don't want to live forever, and civil disobedience is preferable to 'living by the rules' if you consider those rules unjust. Hitchens once gave the example of a 'celestial dictatorship' and compared it to North Korea, implying that if god existed (and treated people harshly) he would be a dictator - thus it would be morally preferable to defy than follow.

Though, the problem with the 'should you take the risk' argument, is that there many gods that were believed in (and at least thousands taking into account the gods of the Hittite Empire), and there is little evidence that the gods of ancient Greece, Mesopotamia, Egypt and so forth; are any less/more likely to exist than today's god/s.

You will certainly live forever. God is not a dictator. If he was, he would not have given us free will.
Try to think of God as a parent. We have children, knowing they will either listen to us or defy us. We guide them and hope they will choose rightly. The main difference is, God is a perfect parent. He will NEVER steer us wrong, and will NEVER leave us. His love is unconditional. But you will never know or experience it unless you allow him to adopt you.

Of course I can...I'm telling you I did not choose to be attracted to women. When did you choose?

That's their choice. They are still gay, just not acting on their attractions. I posit that since god made them that way, they are going against god.

God made us to be attracted to the opposite sex.
Sin entering the world set everything off balance and, therefore, people have many sorts of sexual desires.....

Everyone has a choice.

It is always your choice. Anyone that says you "have" to believe something is wrong. Even Jesus himself didn't go around demanding and intimidating others....

God is not condemning anyone. It is his will all be saved. But how can God allow you in heaven when you refuse to accept his sacrifice for your sins? God is holy, and, the only way we can be holy and be in his presence is for us to admit our sins and repent, accepting Jesus as the sacrifice for us. When we go before God, we only need point to Jesus and say - he's my defense!
That's another part I find difficult to accept in Christianity.

I don't believe Jesus deserved to die, and accepting his sacrifice could well be condoning his death - and those who took it.

I don't believe Jesus deserved to die, and accepting his sacrifice could well be condoning his death - and those who took it.

The hardest part about Christianity is accepting that God knows better than you do.
Admitting you are flawed and need God, need a Savoir. Believe that there is a perfect God in the world, that loves you perfectly. It's hard for our minds to grasp.

Would you die for your child? God did.

If Adam and Eve had not sinned, he would not have had to die for us, but, in spite of human error, he offered himself up for us. I find it incredibly sad he had to so this, yet I am so grateful, because I know I am not deserving.

Sin entering the world set everything off balance and, therefore, people have many sorts of sexual desires.....

God made you to be attracted to the opposite sex. God or nature made me attracted to women.

Why would god make me this way and call it a sin? Oh that's right...because god didn't. The men that wrote the bible did. They didn't like guys screwing each other (but were largely mum on the lesbians...Guess they figured god liked girl on girl too.)

God made you to be attracted to the opposite sex. God or nature made me attracted to women.

Why would god make me this way and call it a sin? Oh that's right...because god didn't. The men that wrote the bible did. They didn't like guys screwing each other (but were largely mum on the lesbians...Guess they figured god liked girl on girl too.)

I can only speak truth, I can't reveal it to you. Only God can do that.... in His time.
For the record, I think all people are inherently sinful with wicked hearts, only God's Holy Spirit can change us. Sexual desires aside...

I can only speak truth, I can't reveal it to you. Only God can do that.... in His time.
For the record, I think all people are inherently sinful with wicked hearts, only God's Holy Spirit can change us. Sexual desires aside...

You speak your truth, not mine.

God is not going to make me gay and then call it a sin. It's illogical...of course, putting the sex organs and the waste disposal system in the same area wasn't exactly logical.

God is not going to make me gay and then call it a sin. It's illogical...of course, putting the sex organs and the waste disposal system in the same area wasn't exactly logical.

that was a good one, I must admit!

... if you are not a Christian, or don't believe the Bible, why is it important to you to try to make it sound like God and/or the Bible is /does not condemn homosexuality?

If you don't believe, it should be irrelevant to you.
I might have been baptized, but I am not Christian.

Even if I were to accept, even for a moment that there was a god. To worship a god would be giving into collectivism, abandoning individualism, giving up my freedom of thought and behavior, as well as condoning a god's actions and intentions (even if I am opposed to them) - simply on the basis of a reward after death; or a punishment if I refuse to comply.

Based upon what?

God gave you your individualism... your freedom of thought and expression and the principles to guide you through life, as you would lead your life.

How does that in any way deprive, usurp, undermine, or infringe upon you... or your individualism?

Even if we accept that that's true, so what? I was born with clinical depression and social anxiety disorder, but I don't think that makes it "good", or "alternative", or whatever it is you're trying to convey with the whole "made gay" thing.

Other people are born with Down's Syndrome, or holes in their hearts, or schizophrenia, or a genetic predisposition toward alcoholism (I got that one, too. I swear, my family was just a genetic gag gift). I don't think anyone would suggest that this means those problems shouldn't be corrected if and when possible, or that they aren't problems at all.

So what's your point?

Everyone has a choice.

Of course He didn't deserve to die. That was the whole point. He didn't deserve it, and He chose it anyway, in place of people who DID deserve it (that'd be us).

Condoning His death and those who killed Him? No. If someone throws himself in the path of a drunk driver to save me, I'm not condoning the actions of the drunk who killed him. I'm merely being grateful for his willingness to sacrifice himself for me.

Why would God "make" me suicidally depressed if He didn't want me to off myself? I would hope we can all agree that He DOES say that giving into despair is a sin.

Why would God "make" me suicidally depressed if He didn't want me to off myself? I would hope we can all agree that He DOES say that giving into despair is a sin.

People aren't born depressed or suicidal...they ARE born gay.

Forum List

Back