Gay Couple Says Waitress Told Them 'We Don't Serve Fags Here'

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Uh oh, this business is in deep shit now (pun sorta not intended).

HUFFPOSTNewsEntertainmentLifestyleTech & InnovationAll Sections*LoginFeedbackView DesktopTermsPrivacy PolicyCopyright © 2014 TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. | "The Huffington Post" is a registered trademark of TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. All rights reserved.

Cavan SieczkowskiThe Huffington Post05/29/14 11:08 AM ET

A gay couple says they were asked not to return to a Texas restaurant because they "don't serve fags" there.

Collin Dewberry and Kelly Williams ate breakfast at*Big Earl's Bait House and Galley Cafe*in Pittsburgh, Texas, on Tuesday, May 27, but after paying the bill, they said they were met with hate, KLTV reports. The couple said a waitress, who happened to be owner Earl Cheney's daughter, told them*"We don't serve fags here,"*before saying: “Here at Big Earl’s we like for men to act like men and for ladies to act like ladies, so we want you to never return.”

A sign posted on the restaurant's door has a similar message.

“She’s a young lady, didn’t know what else to say, and they just kept on and she finally said we just don’t like fags," Earl Cheney told KLTV. He said he has no problem with gays dining at his restaurant, as long as they follow his policy: “You’re welcome to come and eat, but a man act like a man and a woman act like a woman ... That a man’s supposed to stand up and be a leader. He’s not supposed to be a woman. He’s not supposed to come in here in a dress.”

Cheney said the*couple had been acting inappropriately, with one putting his leg on the other. He told CBS affiliate KRLD that one looked "really possum eyed at me." He said he doesn't plan to discipline his daughter but thinks the parents of Dewberry and Williams should "teach 'em how to act in public."

He also maintains he is not a bigot.

“Homosexuality, Blacks, Hispanics they all come in here — everybody comes in here to eat. I’ve served my country for over 20 years, I know what my freedoms are," Cheney told KRLD. “I’m not gonna have people coming in here with their butt showing; I’m not gonna have people coming in here naked; I’m not gonna have people coming in here having sex on the tables.”

Since news of the incident surfaced,*Big Earl's Yelp page*has been flooded with negative comments and one-star reviews, as well as a photo of the late Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps with the text "Fred Phelps Seal of Approval."

By the way, the waitress said they don't "serve" fags there.

Where can you get some good fag today ? What does it taste like, chicken ?

HUFFPOSTNewsEntertainmentLifestyleTech & InnovationAll Sections*LoginFeedbackView DesktopTermsPrivacy PolicyCopyright © 2014 TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. | "The Huffington Post" is a registered trademark of TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. All rights reserved.

A gay couple says they were asked not to return to a Texas restaurant because they "don't serve fags" there.

Collin Dewberry and Kelly Williams ate breakfast at*Big Earl's Bait House and Galley Cafe*in Pittsburgh, Texas, on Tuesday, May 27, but after paying the bill, they said they were met with hate, KLTV reports. The couple said a waitress, who happened to be owner Earl Cheney's daughter, told them*"We don't serve fags here,"*before saying: “Here at Big Earl’s we like for men to act like men and for ladies to act like ladies, so we want you to never return.”

“She’s a young lady, didn’t know what else to say, and they just kept on and she finally said we just don’t like fags," Earl Cheney told KLTV. He said he has no problem with gays dining at his restaurant, as long as they follow his policy: “You’re welcome to come and eat, but a man act like a man and a woman act like a woman ... That a man’s supposed to stand up and be a leader. He’s not supposed to be a woman. He’s not supposed to come in here in a dress.”

Cheney said the*couple had been acting inappropriately, with one putting his leg on the other. He told CBS affiliate KRLD that one looked "really possum eyed at me." He said he doesn't plan to discipline his daughter but thinks the parents of Dewberry and Williams should "teach 'em how to act in public."

“Homosexuality, Blacks, Hispanics they all come in here — everybody comes in here to eat. I’ve served my country for over 20 years, I know what my freedoms are," Cheney told KRLD. “I’m not gonna have people coming in here with their butt showing; I’m not gonna have people coming in here naked; I’m not gonna have people coming in here having sex on the tables.”

Since news of the incident surfaced,*Big Earl's Yelp page*has been flooded with negative comments and one-star reviews, as well as a photo of the late Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps with the text "Fred Phelps Seal of Approval."

What the hell is "really possum eyed"?

It looks like it was far more than a couple of gay guys out for breakfast. From the description it was a full scale floor show.

My guess is that these people went into that restaurant solely to cause trouble and get a reaction. It is a shame that gays have to define their homosexuality with an in your face attitude and exhibitionism. Nothing more than a political effort by the gay left. Now, I bet this restaurant actually increases sales.

Well I recall the last gay v, waiter incident where it turned out the fag had fabricated the whole thing. Looks like something similar here.

My guess is that these people went into that restaurant solely to cause trouble and get a reaction. It is a shame that gays have to define their homosexuality with an in your face attitude and exhibitionism. Nothing more than a political effort by the gay left.

Doesn't the fact that it's front-page news for the "divide the country and conquer" Huffington Post say all we need to know?

Nutz said:
Now, I bet this restaurant actually increases sales.

Well, it is Texas.

If the restaurant is going to continue to be subjected to such 'testing', then, the management should make-up signs that say: "Fudge Packers and Carpet Munchers Special Accommodations", and affix them to any table at which those trouble-makers show up. Go ahead and seat 'em. No problem. A little Scarlet Letter zoom-o, while remaining within the boundaries of the law. Fight fire with fire.
wink_smile.gif

Last edited:
It is a shame that those who do not like gays have to define their dislike with an in your face attitude and exhibitionism.

If the restaurant is going to continue to be subjected to such 'testing', then, then management should make-up signs that say: "Fudge Packers and Carpet Munchers Special Accommodations", and affix them to any table at which those trouble-makers show up. Go ahead and seat 'em. No problem.

Need to put "social conservatives and evangelical haters special accommodations" and give them a table out of the way.

What are the facts?

These two men entered the restaurant. They were seated and served.

Does everyone have that down so far? No discrimination. No one told them to leave.

After the ate breakfast without incident, they paid the bill and told not to return to that restaurant. Something happened to take them out of the category of two guys out for breakfast and put them into the cast of Auntie Mame. It was their behavior that was unacceptable.

If the restaurant is going to continue to be subjected to such 'testing', then, then management should make-up signs that say: "Fudge Packers and Carpet Munchers Special Accommodations", and affix them to any table at which those trouble-makers show up. Go ahead and seat 'em. No problem.

Need to put "social conservatives and evangelical haters special accommodations" and give them a table out of the way.
Let's leave that up to the restaurant owner.

Doesn't matter, the owner sated he knows "what my freedoms are", obviously does not want to "share". A boycott will help him, he'll be "free" 24 hours a day : )

look in the mirror dyke

A sign on the door and still the Fags went in to a bait shop for a meal. Sounds like a setup to me.

Forum List

Back