Gateway PC and Windows 8

66797660.jpg

^^^^

Very "easy" to install. Yeah right. Unless you run into some "problem."

Don't listen to them, Bonz. Take your computer to a professional. In my area, Geek Squad will even come out to your home for around $100.
Chris, you're being unnecessarily self fear projecting and negative. I'm Just offering options based on what's being posted. She may be much more computer literate or much more willing to try other options than you. Don't be a stick in the mud because this stuff scares you.

^^^^

Don't listen to them, Bonz. Take your computer to a professional. In my area, Geek Squad will even come out to your home for around $100.
Chris, you're being unnecessarily self fear projecting and negative. I'm Just offering options based on what's being posted. She may be much more computer literate or much more willing to try other options than you. Don't be a stick in the mud because this stuff scares you.

She's already made it clear that she isn't, I thought. :eusa_hand:

^^^^

I wasn't at one time either. Simply offering solutions, it's up to her to make up her mind whether to use them or not. If she's uncomfortable with it she'll choose not to try those solutions.

^^^^

I wasn't at one time either. Simply offering solutions, it's up to her to make up her mind whether to use them or not. If she's uncomfortable with it she'll choose not to try those solutions.

I'm quite sure she's said that she is computer "illiterate."

Honestly, taking advice from people on the internet is not the smartest idea. :)

I would honestly disagree with that. I have gained so much good information on a HUGE variety of things on the internet. The secret is the same as in the real world - consider the source.
An example this week I made my own projection screen. I found a great source for the screen material, and a few tips on building the frame. The result was for $52 I made a screen to the exact size I needed that would cost over $200 to have made.
As a home brewer, I have received untold tips and help online, and in return now that I am pretty good at it - I help others on the same site.

Honestly, taking advice from people on the internet is not the smartest idea. :)

I would honestly disagree with that. I have gained so much good information on a HUGE variety of things on the internet. The secret is the same as in the real world - consider the source.
An example this week I made my own projection screen. I found a great source for the screen material, and a few tips on building the frame. The result was for $52 I made a screen to the exact size I needed that would cost over $200 to have made.
As a home brewer, I have received untold tips and help online, and in return now that I am pretty good at it - I help others on the same site.

Consider the source? But on the internet, you don't really know the source. I think it's always better to ask a person who you can be certain is a professional and knows what he or she is talking about.

A lot of people on the net are just amateurs themselves but like to "feel" important, so they go around giving advice. :) True story.

Consider the source? But on the internet, you don't really know the source. I think it's always better to ask a person who you can be certain is a professional and knows what he or she is talking about.

Sure you do.
And just sayin'....the geek squad are not professionals. Depending on your location, their ratings are abysmal. Consumer Affairs gives them 1 star out of 5. They are underpaid, and there are horror stories everywhere about them.
Just sayin

Sure you do.
And just sayin'....the geek squad are not professionals. Depending on your location, their ratings are abysmal. Consumer Affairs gives them 1 star out of 5. They are underpaid, and there are horror stories everywhere about them.
Just sayin

Probably better than listening to strangers online.

Sure you do.
Just sayin

Sure I do what? Know anonymous people on the internet? Lol.

Sure you do.
Just sayin

I mean sure you can trust information on the internet as long as you practice reason.
Would I trust a site I never heard of, and just blindly believe someone I have never talked to? - no as in hell no. But trust someone I have talked to many times and seen their post for years? To an extent yes.
Would I give Ringel or Bliepreister my social security number or bank account login..well no...but I have used advice from both of them on occasion, and perhaps they have used mine also.
If you are reasonably intelligent and are not gullible, and research something - you can trust information on the net equally in the real world.

Sure you do.
Just sayin

I mean sure you can trust information on the internet as long as you practice reason.
Would I trust a site I never heard of, and just blindly believe someone I have never talked to? - no as in hell no. But trust someone I have talked to many times and seen their post for years? To an extent yes.
Would I give Ringel or Bliepreister my social security number or bank account login..well no...but I have used advice from both of them on occasion, and perhaps they have used mine also.
If you are reasonably intelligent and are not gullible, and research something - you can trust information on the net equally in the real world.

Not at THIS place! Lol. There are a bunch of :cuckoo: here. :lol:

A lot of people on the net are just amateurs themselves but like to "feel" important, so they go around giving advice. :) True story.
Your problem is one of discernment. When you read things or talk to people you should be able to determine whether they know what they are talking about. I've saved myself many thousands by learning from people online and have shared what I know.

As far as a computer goes, back up your data and you won't have to get stressed over it. A hard drive can fail any time, regardless of age. But repair shops are there for people who prefer not digging in.

I blame Microsoft for a lot of this. Unbelievable the shit sprayed all over the place to run programs. Mac and Linux is much more straight forward. They can have issues too but generally don't get a wild hair for no apparent reason.

Forum List

Back