Windows 8.1 - Best Browser?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Chrome seems to be "faster" than Explorer.

Would Mozilla Firefox be even better?

I'd stick with Chrome. Tor is great if you're a Chinese dissident like Bruce, but it runs much slower.

I like Firefox.
Just make sure that you use Adblock Plus and/or Adblock Ultimate.

I like and use waterfox(64 bit) both firefox and waterfox get clunky loaded down with junk, but I clean my cache and they run fine afterward.

I prefer Avant and Chrome.

I don't like using IE.

That is what I am using now, Norton is disabled but I want to get it off my computer! Still can't figure out how....

I prefer Avant and Chrome.

I don't like using IE.

That is what I am using now, Norton is disabled but I want to get it off my computer! Still can't figure out how....
On two of my older computers Norton pissed me off enough to make me nuke them.

"Nuking" a computer is my favorite uncle's term for reformatting the hard drive.

Right click on the windows icon---> click on "control panel"----->click on "Programs"---->click on "uninstall a Program"----->scroll down to the program you wish to uninstall.

Wait until it is uninstalled, I always restart my computer and check to see if it is uninstalled by following the above steps.

Firefox is the most extensible browser out there but its future is already questioned. Chrome has also many add-ons. IE has few add-ons only. Performance differences are not noticeable while using the browsers. The new Firefox in 64 Bit does not support Java and Silverlight!
I recommend Cyberfox, which I am using.

The thing I don't like about Firefox is that it sets your default internet search engine to BING.

BING sucks.
Why don´t you change the search engine, then? You can also download a German Firefox and install an English language pack and dictionary.
Currently none of my computers are pissing me off.

If it ain't broke don't fix it? :dunno:

The thing I don't like about Firefox is that it sets your default internet search engine to BING.

BING sucks.
Why don´t you change the search engine, then? You can also download a German Firefox and install an English language pack and dictionary.
Currently none of my computers are pissing me off.

If it ain't broke don't fix it? :dunno:
No fix. Providers pay hundreds of millions to be Firefox´s standard search but there is an option to change it under options.

Forum List

Back