Gas prices on the rise

Hmmmm Aren't we the perfect little packer and organizer who doesn't ever forget anything in life, so you expect everyone else to follow your lead (or we are all just doomed as idiots I guess), ummm because we can never be as perfect as you are, whom has all the answers to anything and everything right?

Absolutely incorrect. I forget crap all the time, and when I do, I pay the price for my inattentiveness just like you do. The difference perhaps, is that I recognize that the fault is mine, and it isn't the fault of corruption on the part of others, big corporations or oil companies for taking advantage of my misfortune.

beagle9 said:
Why is it that people like Shawn Hannity speak so much against government helping to solve any of our problems in life for us anymore (when abused), in which is part of their job to represent us as a people in this nation, but they (the Hannity's and such in life), want so badly for government to be so very small & weak in regards to it all, but why?

For starters, I am the wrong person to ask. Go ask him. As for government in general, I am as much for as little as the next guy. As a field engineer working for an oil and gas company, all the government ever did for me was get in my way, slow me down, and then tax the fruits of my (impeded) labor.

beagle9 said:
I want government to be smaller yes, but precise in everything that they do for this nation, and to make sure that it is operating for all Americans, and not just for certain groups of Americans, just as it has been for far to long now, and from either side of the isle it has been the case.

What do you mean by "precise"? Precision, such as the government knowing who they should, or should not, distribute monies to, might require 3 government employees per person they distribute money to, to make sure they deliver the "precise" amount. Certainly there is no chance of government getting smaller, should the citizens demand "precision".

beagle9 said:
The corruption came, when we as a nation, allowed all these things to come upon us because we took our eyes off the ball for excessive greed reasoning, and exploitation reasoning. Now we get what we get until we work it back out somehow.

while an interesting position, I'm not sure it has much to do with energy, or corruption, or even why you needed the pep to bismol. Corruption isn't normally defined the way you expressed it here, a bunch of people deciding they WANT to be greedy, or to exploit others, isn't corruption. It just what Americans seem to gravitate towards.

Hmmmm Aren't we the perfect little packer and organizer who doesn't ever forget anything in life, so you expect everyone else to follow your lead (or we are all just doomed as idiots I guess), ummm because we can never be as perfect as you are, whom has all the answers to anything and everything right?

Absolutely incorrect. I forget crap all the time, and when I do, I pay the price for my inattentiveness just like you do. The difference perhaps, is that I recognize that the fault is mine, and it isn't the fault of corruption on the part of others, big corporations or oil companies for taking advantage of my misfortune.
beagle9 said:
Why is it that people like Shawn Hannity speak so much against government helping to solve any of our problems in life for us anymore (when abused), in which is part of their job to represent us as a people in this nation, but they (the Hannity's and such in life), want so badly for government to be so very small & weak in regards to it all, but why?

For starters, I am the wrong person to ask. Go ask him. As for government in general, I am as much for as little as the next guy. As a field engineer working for an oil and gas company, all the government ever did for me was get in my way, slow me down, and then tax the fruits of my (impeded) labor.

beagle9 said:
I want government to be smaller yes, but precise in everything that they do for this nation, and to make sure that it is operating for all Americans, and not just for certain groups of Americans, just as it has been for far to long now, and from either side of the isle it has been the case.

What do you mean by "precise"? Precision, such as the government knowing who they should, or should not, distribute monies to, might require 3 government employees per person they distribute money to, to make sure they deliver the "precise" amount. Certainly there is no chance of government getting smaller, should the citizens demand "precision".

beagle9 said:
The corruption came, when we as a nation, allowed all these things to come upon us because we took our eyes off the ball for excessive greed reasoning, and exploitation reasoning. Now we get what we get until we work it back out somehow.

while an interesting position, I'm not sure it has much to do with energy, or corruption, or even why you needed the pep to bismol. Corruption isn't normally defined the way you expressed it here, a bunch of people deciding they WANT to be greedy, or to exploit others, isn't corruption. It just what Americans seem to gravitate towards.

So it is your opinion, that as long as it isn't the corporations fault, and it is rather because of our forgetfulness in life, that they are allowed to take advantage of us, just as you have stated above ? :cuckoo:

Precise, as in not being so wasteful all the time, and being more representitive of all Americans in a more precise and conservative way. Quit just throwing money up into the air, when they know it will fall into the wrong hands everytime, as in most cases known by us now.

Oh so it isn't corruption when people want to be greedy (as in wanting to take more than what is right in a deal) or it isn't corruption when a person wants to exploit another eh? Then what do you call it then (just being another one of the guy's maybe), or should is say one of the good ole boy's ?

Last edited:
So it is your opinion, that as long as it isn't the corporations fault, and it is rather because of our forgetfulness in life, that they are allowed to take advantage of us, just as you have stated above ?

"allowed to" isn't quite it, more like "whatever they can get away with without people changing their behavior in such a way as to damage their profit margins", which might be a better expression of how a corporation might think about it, and how it actually works.

beagle9 said:
Precise, as in not being so wasteful all the time, and being more representitive of all Americans in a more precise and conservative way. Quit just throwing money up into the air, when they know it will fall into the wrong hands everytime, as in most cases known by us now.

Precise is not the same as wasteful. Wasteful is someone spending money on stuff I think is a waste, which might be completely different than what you think is a waste. How do we determine what we both consider to be a useful thing for the government to spend money on? A pacifist might think the military is a waste, whereas I might think HUD is a waste.

beagle9 said:
Oh so it isn't corruption when people want to be greedy (as in wanting to take more than what is right in a deal) or it isn't corruption when a person wants to exploit another eh?

Exploitation is not corruption. Particularly if someone went in, eyes open, to being exploited. Such as your pep to bismol example. Because you forgot some on a road trip, someone exploited your mistake, and made a few extra pennies selling you something you needed badly, and were willing to pay for. That isn't corruption. Corruption is when two people compete for a government contract, and the one who offers up hookers on the side for sexual favors is awarded the contract, even if they were inferior to the other party competing for it.

Forum List

Back