Gas prices on the rise

Iplaynaked

Rookie
Apr 8, 2012
So gas prices are $3.99 here in Oregon and people are complaining UP A STORM! Talking about how it's Obama's fault and blah blah blah this and blah blah blah that...... Um does no one remember in 2008, WHEN BUSH WAS IN OFFICE, that gas prices peaked at $4.50 a gallon (In Oregon during June) and then started plummeting BECAUSE OF THE FINANCIAL MELTDOWN! Had we not had that I can't IMAGINE what gas prices would be right now.

Every year, gas prices go up, people grumble about it, people who have nothing to do with gas prices are blamed for them, and new life is breathed into an old chain email. Most people have likely seen an email or post on Facebook, saying people should stage a “gas boycott” and evade pumps for a day to drive down prices. That message continues to circulate, despite the fact that gas boycotts never work. Article source: Gas boycott emails still circulating, still dead wrong

Every year, gas prices go up, people grumble about it, people who have nothing to do with gas prices are blamed for them, and new life is breathed into an old chain email. Most people have likely seen an email or post on Facebook, saying people should stage a “gas boycott” and evade pumps for a day to drive down prices. That message continues to circulate, despite the fact that gas boycotts never work. Article source: Gas boycott emails still circulating, still dead wrong

Yep. When they can just ship the fuel offshore and get more for it, they don't care whether we buy it or not.

Yep. When they can just ship the fuel offshore and get more for it, they don't care whether we buy it or not.
Same with the job's, where as they don't care if Americans work anymore either, especially when dealing with the wealth generated by oversee's cheap labor and/or the many new markets exploited for huge profits in result of, and all at our nations security and expense in the end.

We need to get gas prices back to where a dollar would get you a gallon of gas to cut your grass with, instead of putting 4.00 dollars into a gallon jug to cut your grass with. Now that is rediculous I think.

We should be paying no more than a buck fifty at the pump max, then this economy and America would sail on to new heights un-imagined for quite a long time once again.

We need to get gas prices back to where a dollar would get you a gallon of gas to cut your grass with, instead of putting 4.00 dollars into a gallon jug to cut your grass with. Now that is rediculous I think.

Nah, $1/gal gas certainly isn't enshrined in the American constitution. If you don't like how much gasoline is costing you, use less. Instant savings, take the money and get yourself an iPod or something.

beagle9 said:
We should be paying no more than a buck fifty at the pump max, then this economy and America would sail on to new heights un-imagined for quite a long time once again.

Nah, burning fossil fuels is just convenient and easy, but in the long run it makes sense to do something else.

Last edited:

Nah, $1/gal gas certainly isn't enshrined in the American constitution. If you don't like how much gasoline is costing you, use less. Instant savings, take the money and get yourself an iPod or something.

beagle9 said:

Nah, burning fossil fuels is just convenient and easy, but in the long run it makes sense to do something else.
This new generational (((irrational))) thinking is killing us, because some actually listen to voices like these this day and age, and they think that it is just as simple as that when it is not (Obama is now learning this lesson as a hard one). The rich once they have gotten their way for so long now in America, as is found in all of this mess, can not find or see their way back to any amount of decency, morals and/or righteous thinking anylonger, otherwise to be found in that respect, and it is yet to be found anymore or anylonger within any of their beings in this day and age anymore it seems.

Change is like pulling a lions teeth with no tranquilizer used, when it comes to dealing with the bad rich these days, especially when we deal with them anymore over our pay, our cost, and our outcomes in life... Absolute power corrupts, and they are now corrupt in a very large body of them, and sadly it makes it look bad for anyone else who is honest and rich in America, who are not and have not been a part of the ones who are bad, yet they have to constantly be on the defense now and always defending, and sadly it is all due to their corrupt counter parts for whom chose to be bad instead of good in America.

The state in which we are heading worse towards is this in example of, where as I purchased (on the road the other day) a 4oz. bottle of Pepto Bismal, and do you know what I was charged for a 4oz. bottle of Pepto Bismal ? Your thinking maybe 4.00 dollars + tax I bet right ? Try $9.09 for a 4oz. bottle of Pepto Bismal.

Next, I just had to change my medical plan again, because our company was purchased by another one. I am going to now have Blue Cross Blue Shield again, instead of United Health Care, but guess how much my deductible is going to be ? Your thinking ummmmmm maybe $1,500 to $2,500 dollars right ? Try $7,500 dollars now, and this is an employer based health plan that will be deducted from my pay each week, where a weekly premium of 17.00 for the plan will be deducted. If I want to bring this deductible down, in order to pay a $1,500 dollar deductible instead, then I have to pay $60.00 dollars a week, in which I just can't afford to come out of my paycheck each week. Then you add gas and other expenses to all of this, and I don't know how me and the wife are pulling it all off anymore....I really don't..

Last edited:
So gas prices are $3.99 here in Oregon and people are complaining UP A STORM! Talking about how it's Obama's fault and blah blah blah this and blah blah blah that...... Um does no one remember in 2008, WHEN BUSH WAS IN OFFICE, that gas prices peaked at $4.50 a gallon (In Oregon during June) and then started plummeting BECAUSE OF THE FINANCIAL MELTDOWN! Had we not had that I can't IMAGINE what gas prices would be right now.

Gas prices will continue to rise no matter who is President.

The state in which we are heading worse towards is this in example of, where as I purchased (on the road the other day) a 4oz. bottle of Pepto Bismal, and do you know what I was charged for a 4oz. bottle of Pepto Bismal ? Your thinking maybe 4.00 dollars + tax I bet right ? Try $9.09 for a 4oz. bottle of Pepto Bismal.

My solution works for that problem as well. Don't buy it, if you are unhappy with what it costs. Or make your own. Buy generic. Whining about cost won't cause change, but convince your family and a few million others to stop buying Pepto and I guarantee something will change, and it will most likely be the price. The corporations themselves can't stop the effects of supply and demand.

beagle9 said:
Then you add gas and other expenses to all of this, and I don't know how me and the wife are pulling it all off anymore....I really don't..

There is a solution to this as well, but my experience with people complaining about increasing costs is that they generally are just bitching because they don't like the lifestyle changes their paycheck can no longer afford.

"I refuse to compromise my 8 mpg monster truck lifestyle!" they trumpet. Fine...then pay what it costs to run the monster truck and stop whining about it already. Don't like a long commute? Then make the choice to live closer to work. Don't like what you are paid? Get some education in a different field, pick one which hands out more cash/hour. Don't like life? :Boom2::afro:

We are all the consequences of our decisions.

(1) Demand is China and India, not here, and (2) speculators are what drives the price of gasoline. The second is gambling on how high the first will grow before the bubble bursts, once again. Prices seemed to have plateau'd this week. Time will tell.

I'll give Obama and Chu credit in that high gasoline prices are driving consumers to more high-mileage vehicles and on to mass transit. That's what it's about- using less. Not just oil, gasoline, natural gas, coal, etc. Use less of everything. Reduce, reuse, recycle. Lather, rinse, repeat.

We are a nation of wastrels. A bunch of fucking party animals we are. Like there ain't no tomorrow.

My solution works for that problem as well. Don't buy it, if you are unhappy with what it costs. Or make your own. Buy generic. Whining about cost won't cause change, but convince your family and a few million others to stop buying Pepto and I guarantee something will change, and it will most likely be the price. The corporations themselves can't stop the effects of supply and demand.

beagle9 said:
Then you add gas and other expenses to all of this, and I don't know how me and the wife are pulling it all off anymore....I really don't..

There is a solution to this as well, but my experience with people complaining about increasing costs is that they generally are just bitching because they don't like the lifestyle changes their paycheck can no longer afford.

"I refuse to compromise my 8 mpg monster truck lifestyle!" they trumpet. Fine...then pay what it costs to run the monster truck and stop whining about it already. Don't like a long commute? Then make the choice to live closer to work. Don't like what you are paid? Get some education in a different field, pick one which hands out more cash/hour. Don't like life? :Boom2::afro:

We are all the consequences of our decisions.

Hmmmmmm, I guess I was suppose to just crap my pants before getting to that bottle of generic brand Bismal, when (by passing the expensive one) as you think one can do so easily, especially while out on the road traveling down the interstate like I was in the situation. It's not really Pepto Bismal as a product fault, but instead it is the fault of the store owner for marking the product up like that in order to gouge someone). The bad rich are just bad people who have made so many peoples lives pure miserable in life, and without care did they do this, and sadly still do this on a daily basis.

The store location and the gouging is representitive of the bigger picture at large in America these days, where the rich continue having people by their purse strings in life, and that is simply a great thing in their minds, where they can easily pull on those strings to take away what they want when they want (leaving people broke and/or almost broke), without any chance of workers or consumers challenging them except by what you say, as this is how they have it all set up now in that away, and it's getting worse and worse. The problem in hurting the so called supply and demand chain these days, especially the way that it has been insulated so well over the years by them, is to try getting people to stick together, and that is simply a monumental feat these days (even with this type of technology at ones finger tips), for example - just as you choose to criticize my words, instead of saying "hey beagle I'm with you on these critical points you make", so what can we all do together about them maybe, and then begin the work that is needed to oust the problems from our supply chains & society once and for all ?

Took'em years to get-r-done, but they finally made their way to that position in life over us, where they control and manage so much in a mean spirited and non-compassionate way, yet they do it in a bad way in so many ways in which we now see them doing so much to us, but are virtually powerless to stop them. They became a monopoly just about in everything that they have, and are doing with their power these days, where as control and disrespect is the favorite things in which they use now in this society against us, and they use this so precisely now upon the highways of life in which we all do travel down daily..We need to build roads around this corruption, that's if we can't get the road blocks to move on the roads that we are already on, but just think about how hard it is to build a new road, when it is better to clear the one that we are already on wouldn't you think?

Why should they (the people) have to compromise their lifestyles (trucks), for that which is corrupt, and many now know it to be ? Why not root out the corruption, and go back to being American in everyway that we all are and should remain, where as we are all unique in everyway here, and that makes up the very cool diversity in which we all have loved so much in this nation (i.e. accents, styles, cultures), and for so many years now we have developed this nation in these ways ? Why should we be placed in a box for someone to destroy us when they are done using us for their selfish gains, and wanting us in the process to deny our maker and creator as a bonus unto them ? :cuckoo:

Last edited:
I'll give Obama and Chu credit in that high gasoline prices are driving consumers to more high-mileage vehicles and on to mass transit. That's what it's about- using less. Not just oil, gasoline, natural gas, coal, etc. Use less of everything. Reduce, reuse, recycle. Lather, rinse, repeat.

We are a nation of wastrels. A bunch of fucking party animals we are. Like there ain't no tomorrow.
The problem with putting people into a box, is that it then involves exposing weaknesses, and the vulnerabilities of a nation to then be found by another (meaning another nation), and if another nation see's these things as a huge weakness on our part (by making bad choices), then what door have we opened up next in America? Do you remember all the war films of war planes over Germany, and how they were laying waste to the transportation industry in that nation, in which carried troops, supplies and other in such a high percentage of back in those days? Well think about how we have been less vulnerable because of the independence and diversified planning that we have gained in our transportation industries these days, that make it virtually impossible for an attack to stop what we have as a very sound industry in it's diversity of, in order to transport in so many diverse ways, the nations products and supplies in which this nation needs to function and operate on daily, and to keep us from being gathered together as sheep led to a slaughter and/or concentrated in a way that would make us highly vulnerable in so many ways, just as it was for Germany or Japan back in the days when knowledge was not on their side in making themselves less vulnerable when attacked in response to an act of war in retaliation of, where we still live in a world that there is no telling who will challenge a nation for their resources again, be it sooner or later on down the road? Keeping all options on the table always, and celebrating diversity in our transportation industry, is the best reasoning for going about making a nation it's strongest always, so it never is a cut and dry approach when dealing or thinking about changing years and years of strength, into a more weaker and more vulnerable thing because of flawed reasoning or politcial biases found in something that some in Washington "think" that most wouldn't understand anyway, if that is what is going on in so many ignorant minds these days on these issues.

Hmmmmmm, I guess I was suppose to just crap my pants before getting to that bottle of generic brand Bismal, when (by passing the expensive one) as you think one can do so easily, especially while out on the road traveling down the interstate like I was in the situation.

No, you are supposed to take responsibility for your actions. If you had forgotten to bring what you needed on an interstate trip, you don't get to blame the interstate nor the price of gasoline for your bad call. Things sell at a higher price in certain places exactly because people make a bad call, and need something on short notice, or in a weird place. Strawberrys in Fairbanks for example. They don't cost the same as strawberries back home in the Lower 48 at the grocery store.

beagle9 said:
. The problem in hurting the so called supply and demand chain these days, especially the way that it has been insulated so well over the years by them, is to try getting people to stick together, and that is simply a monumental feat these days

It is a feat because those who take responsibility for their actions really aren't required to agree with those who don't, and demand that someone else "fix" the problem. You demand someone else "fix" gas or pepto prices, I buy a scooter (more fun than an electric car) and remember to take some with me while on a trip.

beagle9 said:
.We need to build roads around this corruption, that's if we can't get the road blocks to move on the roads that we are already on, but just think about how hard it is to build a new road, when it is better to clear the one that we are already on wouldn't you think?

The price of oil isn't high because of corruption, it is high because China's economy is growing and hundreds of millions of Chinese want to ride in cars now, instead of bicycles.

beagle9 said:
Why should they (the people) have to compromise their lifestyles (trucks), for that which is corrupt, and many now know it to be ?

Don't compromise your lifestyle. No one is saying you have to sell your truck. Only that IF you want to ride around in some monster truck getting 8mpg, it might cost you more than it did once upon a time. Just like everything else I might add, inflation has a way of doing that. I don't think the Constitution has anything outlawing inflation either.

Hmmmmmm, I guess I was suppose to just crap my pants before getting to that bottle of generic brand Bismal, when (by passing the expensive one) as you think one can do so easily, especially while out on the road traveling down the interstate like I was in the situation.

No, you are supposed to take responsibility for your actions. If you had forgotten to bring what you needed on an interstate trip, you don't get to blame the interstate nor the price of gasoline for your bad call. Things sell at a higher price in certain places exactly because people make a bad call, and need something on short notice, or in a weird place. Strawberrys in Fairbanks for example. They don't cost the same as strawberries back home in the Lower 48 at the grocery store.

beagle9 said:
. The problem in hurting the so called supply and demand chain these days, especially the way that it has been insulated so well over the years by them, is to try getting people to stick together, and that is simply a monumental feat these days

It is a feat because those who take responsibility for their actions really aren't required to agree with those who don't, and demand that someone else "fix" the problem. You demand someone else "fix" gas or pepto prices, I buy a scooter (more fun than an electric car) and remember to take some with me while on a trip.

beagle9 said:
.We need to build roads around this corruption, that's if we can't get the road blocks to move on the roads that we are already on, but just think about how hard it is to build a new road, when it is better to clear the one that we are already on wouldn't you think?

The price of oil isn't high because of corruption, it is high because China's economy is growing and hundreds of millions of Chinese want to ride in cars now, instead of bicycles.

beagle9 said:
Why should they (the people) have to compromise their lifestyles (trucks), for that which is corrupt, and many now know it to be ?

Don't compromise your lifestyle. No one is saying you have to sell your truck. Only that IF you want to ride around in some monster truck getting 8mpg, it might cost you more than it did once upon a time. Just like everything else I might add, inflation has a way of doing that. I don't think the Constitution has anything outlawing inflation either.
Hmmmm Aren't we the perfect little packer and organizer who doesn't ever forget anything in life, so you expect everyone else to follow your lead (or we are all just doomed as idiots I guess), ummm because we can never be as perfect as you are, whom has all the answers to anything and everything right? I could go on for hours debating with the likes of you, and it wouldn't ever solve not even one problem in society, but that is the way someone like you is trained in life (i.e. to pricisely belittle and push back against people in a very arrogant way), and this is what, inorder to protect who maybe (the criminals or play play criminal minded in society, who seemingly number so many now) ?

Why is it that people like Shawn Hannity speak so much against government helping to solve any of our problems in life for us anymore (when abused), in which is part of their job to represent us as a people in this nation, but they (the Hannity's and such in life), want so badly for government to be so very small & weak in regards to it all, but why? I want government to be smaller yes, but precise (less wasteful) in everything that they do for this nation, and to make sure that it is operating for all Americans, and not just for certain groups of Americans, just as it has been for far to long now, and from either side of the isle it has been the case.

Now lets step back and look at it all in this way maybe (i.e. in a sort of turn it all around kind of way) - so lets say that the rich in their unionizing at the top, as they have done in corporations and in groups connected to these cliques surrounding these corporations have since done, in which has given them this mega wealth and control over it within the world that they have since created and do control. Now our government has had virtually no control over them much at all under certain administrations, and for quite sometimes now it has been this way, and this has directly affected our world as we know it big time these days also as citizens. This self generated wealth is even helping them in becoming more powerful than our government is in the nation, as is found to be, for which is ok, but only if it is controlled by Americans who have morals and values as Americans still left afterwards within their beings or souls, in which would be always influencing our government in good ways and not in bad ways.

Now exactly what is being found within this unity in which they the elite have since formed in the nation, and is it working or has it been working for all of Americans in the way that it should be or should have been ?

In forming a self governing body on their own, they then have had a tendency to become exclusive instead of inclusive in their cliques, and even so powerful that they refuse to help the government in anyway, other than to influence it with their money to always turn a blind eye against their bad (or) to call for government to shrink down dramatically but why? Is it in order to make way for them to have more power and control over their destiny without government intervention if need be, but then where does that leave the ones who are not welcome into their cliques, and are just looked at as objects or tools to exploit and run over in life ? The balance of powers in this nation is one that must be always considered for just that reason (balancing power), in order that all Americans have a good chance for a good life to fulfill their dreams, if and when they apply themselves in that respect. The door has been opened up for government to step in as it has, all due to a formation of arrogant egotistical powerful people, whose wish is always to control large overwhelming amounts of the nations wealth, and are not willing to invest that wealth properly and productively back into the nation, but why ?

Did they (the rich or elite) leave our government in the dust and behind, in order to begin all of this that we see now in America now, because they began hating what our government had become over the years ? If so, then what are the answers to it all, should we as a people suffer on and on and on, while these two fight each other at the top till the end now?

A short story: We as employee's were caught up for the last 3 years or so, in two companies that had merged together, where as the management of these two became hate filled rivals of each other from within instantly. When this happened, it was all out war that exploded next, and guess who began suffering the most in the situation (the middle/the employee's), who were caught between the two and taking all the punches for them. This has been the same with the government and the rich who want to control the peoples government for various reasons (some good/some not so good, and some just all out bad), and this so that they can do just as they please, and without any repercussions what so ever as a result of their actions, be it found as either infiltrators or instigators for profits only, and this be it above and beyond the balance that is suppose to be kept as healthy in our society at all times, and within our nation for all whom deserve this balance to be kept healthy as it should be.

So think about the rich as their own self government or governing body that has been created amongst them, when see these defendings and protections given them by the pundants or the media who are biased for them, against the peoples government who may want to try and balance out these things in which so many are concenred about now, then you will see the hypocrisy found in it all, because no matter their are going to be people who have formed together under certain groups in America, that may even become more poweful than America's government itself, but do they have a self interest to protect their turf in which they have formed, just as the nations government has a citizenry to protect as well ?

In summary: When defending the rich or elite, whom have joined together as a governing body unto themselves, isn't this the same as the poor, and the middle also defending the federal government, who is their only governing body, where as they have been left outside of the cliques and wealth that has been aquired and saved by the rich or elite for their own cliques in life ?

What are we seeing when watching these biased news or so called entertaining politcal talk shows anymore, I mean can we clearly see the deviding lines and what they represent to all of us in this nation, when these people do open their mouths in support of or either is being found in their anti-support of all depending ?

Let me ask these questions now - If the government is occupied by a democratic control in the whitehouse, is this who the newly formed elite hates the most, and why do they hate this party when they control the government of this nation ? Now if the government is occupied by the republicans instead, is this a government in which they (the elite) do love when they do control it, and if so, then how are they controlling it, and for whom does it benefit the most when they control it ? This is the indentifying factors of this war within, and so who is right and who is wrong mostly in the situation found now in it all these devides these days ? So yes these things affect us all, whether it comes down to prices and everything else we suffer under now in America, and this is all depending, because it all leads back to our specific leaderships, be it in some form, way or another, and at any given time in America, where the pendelum does swing back and forth upon us all, be it to hurt us or the help us all depending.

The corruption came, when we as a nation, allowed all these things to come upon us because we took our eyes off the ball for excessive greed reasoning, and exploitation reasoning. Now we get what we get until we work it back out somehow.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back