Gas prices climbed nearly 16 cents overnight

The Nord Stream sabotage that the US committed will make fuel prices increase.

Its what this admin wants.

You own a gasoline powered vehicle, you are a slave to global oil prices
You own an electric vehicle, you are a slave to the grid or the masters controlling your meter.

California will soon mandate smart meters. They are already voluntary. Once they do that, they will be able to prevent people from charging their EVs during high demand like heat waves.

Imagine trying to flee a hurricane in an EV. Even if you have it fully-charged, best you will do is about 150-250 miles before you have to stop for a while and recharge, assuming you don't sit in traffic draining your batteries. The charging stations on evacuation routes would probably be overwhelmed.

It's not a big deal to store an extra full tank of gas at home (a few five-gallon cans). That's a level of freedom one can't feasibly have with an EV.

Personally, I have never not been able to buy gasoline in my life, but I have experienced many times when I had an electric power outage, including one that lasted many days.

Regards,
Jim

You own an electric vehicle, you are a slave to the grid or the masters controlling your meter.

California will soon mandate smart meters. They are already voluntary. Once they do that, they will be able to prevent people from charging their EVs during high demand like heat waves.

Imagine trying to flee a hurricane in an EV. Even if you have it fully-charged, best you will do is about 150-250 miles before you have to stop for a while and recharge, assuming you don't sit in traffic draining your batteries. The charging stations on evacuation routes would probably be overwhelmed.

It's not a big deal to store an extra full tank of gas at home (a few five-gallon cans). That's a level of freedom one can't feasibly have with an EV.

Personally, I have never not been able to buy gasoline in my life, but I have experienced many times when I had an electric power outage, including one that lasted many days.

Regards,
Jim

Yea, 150 miles will get you out of the path of a hurricane

Those with gas powered cars will also compete with those trying to fill cans for generators and gas stations without power

Last edited:
Yea those large outlays and $25k battery replacements sure do make a compelling economic case to switch.
Electric cars have always been a stupid ignorant pipe dream. They are like scooters: They have their place, but they cannot replace the automobile, at least not in the near future

Not here.

Went up by 84-cents/gallon between 8pm last Monday and Tuesday morning.
Thank You "President" Xiden!
No....I meant that. I don't drive much and high gas prices keep lunatic liberals locked in their little kennels. The roads are much safer these days.

Not here.

Went up by 84-cents/gallon between 8pm last Monday and Tuesday morning.
Thank You "President" Xiden!
No....I meant that. I don't drive much and high gas prices keep lunatic liberals locked in their little kennels. The roads are much safer these days.
84 cents in a week?

You really need to look at Electric Vehicles

Kind of destroys the used EV market, doesn't it? Doesn't matter if it's 12 grand or 25 grand, it's still enough to price a used car out of the market.

It’s generally less than $10 k

But considering you never pay for exhaust systems, tune ups, oil changes, pollution controls, transmissions, engine repairs ….it tends to balance out

Yea, 150 miles will get you out of the path of a hurricane

Those with gas powered cars will also compete with those trying to compete with those trying to fill cans for generators and gas stations without power
Maybe, if you get lucky, but it will get you away from the coast I guess.

When you get to your destination, you will need a charger. Charging an EV on 110V is really slow. You get about 4-7 miles per hour of charge. Takes at least a couple of days on 110V.

Gas stations without power are definitely an issue after a storm. But with a generator, they can pump (seen it happen during a long outage here).

You can charge an EV with a generator too, but that kind of defeats the purpose, as you need a generator and gasoline, and it will cost out the nose due to the inefficiency.

Why don't you own an EV yet? We have five internal combustion vehicles. Three have less than 30,000 miles, one less than 70,000. I don't see us taking the leap anytime soon if ever, but an EV might be okay for commuting. An EV and an ICE might work without problem. Plug-in hybrids try to combine the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
It’s generally less than $10 k

But considering you never pay for exhaust systems, tune ups, oil changes, pollution controls, transmissions, engine repairs ….it tends to balance out
They are anywhere from $3000 to $18000, how many do you now own?

Hey, its dicklicker named rightwinger who is a leftwinger . . . gracing us with another stupid ignorant post, suggesting that people buy things they cannot afford. What an assfuck.
They do. Gas is 7.43 a gallon this morning. I can't afford it. But I buy it anyway. :p
IMG_20220930_135338601.jpg

the xiden night mare can’t end quick enough

the demafasict war on the working class is getting painful
The Dems used to be all about the working class.

Now they're a bunch of elitist pricks who want to enslave the working class to the trans gender freak show

They do. Gas is 7.43 a gallon this morning. I can't afford it. But I buy it anyway. :pView attachment 703747
Wow, that's insane. I think I paid 3.13 here two days ago. While I pumped, I noticed there were no "I did that" Biden stickers on the pump. 3.26 state average this morning I saw.

Gas prices at the pump don't matter to me for transportation - not much mileage here. But they concern me greatly because they raise the price of absolutely everything!

Forum List

Back